Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline FEZ

Jashiin

Arcane
Phil sure is a whiny bitch. The amount of damage he does to his game by being a complete moron is astounding. He really alienated his biggest potential audience: pc indie game lovers.. when released on steam this hardly made a splash. I really like fez though, pretty amazing someone this dense can make such a charming game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Actually I think it was one of the top sellers for a while.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Well I was trying to make pleasant conversation rather than tell him his taste is shit for liking it.

Robert Jarzebina

Phil Fish "to be clear, im not cancelling FEZ II because some boorish fuck said something stupid, im doing it to get out of games. and im getting out of games because i choose not to put up with this abuse anymore."

More like:
Phil Fish " im getting out of games because the only future is to crunch timing the same shit hipster platforming games barely profitable after years of production"

Robert Jarzebina

So what's he going to do now, movies?

He probably has something like up to $1 mln from FEZ shit so he can retire.

No way he can make such money in future when industry will crash with new consoles.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Way more... he's the only developer, game cost $9 and has sold +200k on XBLA , plus even more on Steam... taxes and discounts apart, the guy probably is sitting on top of 3 million dollars, with more coming every day.

Robert Jarzebina

Way more... he's the only developer, game cost $9 and has sold +200k on XBLA , plus even more on Steam... taxes and discounts apart, the guy probably is sitting on top of 3 million dollars, with more coming every day.

But Microsoft's cut is like a 60% on XBLA :M

For 3 mln he needs to sell at least 1 mln copies

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
His tantrum is pretty hilarious. What is he, a 5 year old who didn't get another serving of chocolate ice-cream? Maybe instead of throwing a hissy fit when people criticize him, he should grow some balls and actually respond to them directly, or better yet maybe realize they have a point and do his best to address their complaints, or even work to resolve the issues in the future. But nah, let's throw a temper tantrum for attention instead.

Seriously, I know he put up with a lot of shit with Microsoft, but his game was more successful than many others', not to mention was probably the biggest indie game in a year or two when he released it. What a spoiled, decadent fuck.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
"Girl Play - Trans-Sexual Fiction the Girls Play" is up on hentai bros.

gromit

Arcane
Phil Fish said:
to be clear, im not cancelling FEZ II because some boorish fuck said something stupid, im getting out of games, entirely, because some boorish fuck said something stupid
some indie guy who doesn't do the hardest part and then throw it away in a single hissy fit said:
No, Phil -- I said I wanted a vente. Vente. It's French for "large."
Phil Fish said:
I made Fez! Like, ten years ago!
other guy said:
Well I ordered a vente like ten years ago. CHOKE ON IT

zwanzig_zwoelf

After Thiaf and this, Montreal seems to be the source of hipster faggotry. :lol:

circ

Arcane
Except he didn't actually make Fez, he was the director. OH WHAT NOW EDGE

Comments
Comments are currently disabled.

Oh. STAY CLASSY EDGE

edit: also, looked up Fez on utub because all I knew was it's some shittily done sprite platformer with a fez wearing moogle. Um ok so. THIS IS ORIGINAL RALLY? I guess I can't expect the current generation to ever have heard of the c64, but I remember this one.

index.php

Arcane
Except he didn't actually make Fez, he was the director. OH WHAT NOW EDGE

Comments
Comments are currently disabled.

Oh. STAY CLASSY EDGE

edit: also, looked up Fez on utub because all I knew was it's some shittily done sprite platformer with a fez wearing moogle. Um ok so. THIS IS ORIGINAL RALLY? I guess I can't expect the current generation to ever have heard of the c64, but I remember this one.

Stop being so edgy. I'm not the biggest fan of Phil Fish either, but Fez plays nothing like that.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Stop registering, shit posters. Fez isn't anything that hasn't been done dozens of times before.

Edit: Derp.

himmy

Arcane
isn't anything that hasn't been done dozens of times before.

Not that I care one way or the other, but why is this whole "being done before" seen as old-school classic incline when applied to cRPGs, but a sign of redundancy and lack of talent when it describes platformers?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom