Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Field of Glory II

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
http://www.slitherine.com/news/2660....DLC.is.coming!.Dont.miss.the.Twitch.Preview!

Field of Glory II Rise of Persia New DLC is coming! Dont miss the Twitch

The Assyrian came down like the wolf on the fold, / And his cohorts were gleaming in purple and gold;

And the sheen of their spears was like stars on the sea, / When the blue wave rolls nightly on deep Galilee." – Lord Byron

Ashurbanipal, Nebuchadnezzar II, Cyrus II ... these great kings are now covered with the dust of time, but the empires they created and the wars they fought shaped the Middle East irreversibly.

Here, in the cradle of civilization, the Assyrians ruled with an iron fist, until the Medes and Babylonians rose against them and ended their reign of terror. The Babylonians then repeated the cruelties of the Assyrians, razing the Temple of Jerusalem and deporting the Hebrews to Babylon.

At last a new champion arose, King Cyrus of the Persians, who swept away the mighty empires of the Medes, Lydians, Babylonians and Egyptians, and created the greatest empire the world had yet known.

Be ready to relive these events with Rise of Persia, the upcoming DLC for Field of Glory II!

Field of Glory II Rise of Persia brings players back to 681 BC, allowing them to witness the decline and fall of the Neo-Assyrian Empire, the rise of the Median and Babylonian Empires, and the conquest of these and the Lydian and Egyptian Kingdoms by the Achaemenid Persians.
Summary of Features

· 12 new factions

· 26 new units

· 20 new army lists

· 6 new Epic Battles

· 35 new Quick Battles

· Expanded Custom Battles module.

· Expanded Sandbox Campaign module.

· 4 new historically-based campaigns.

· Mixed units with front-rank spearmen, back rank archers.

Screen_00000058.jpg

Screen_00000060.jpg

Screen_00000062.jpg

medi.png

edit.

Last edited:
The Assyrian came down like the wolf on the fold

:greatjob:

Ashurnasirpal II said:
I flayed as many nobles as had rebelled against me [and] draped their skins over the pile [of corpses]; some I spread out within the pile, some I erected on stakes upon the pile... I flayed many right through my land [and] draped their skins over the walls.

I felled 50 of their fighting men with the sword, burnt 200 captives from them, [and] defeated in a battle on the plain 332 troops... With their blood I dyed the mountain red like red wool, [and] the rest of them the ravines [and] torrents of the mountain swallowed. I carried off captives [and] possessions from them. I cut off the heads of their fighters [and] built [therewith] a tower before their city. I burnt their adolescent boys [and] girls.

In strife and conflict I besieged [and] conquered the city. I felled 3,000 of their fighting men with the sword... I captured many troops alive: I cut off of some their arms [and] hands; I cut off of others their noses, ears, [and] extremities. I gouged out the eyes of many troops. I made one pile of the living [and] one of heads. I hung their heads on trees around the city.

Tiglath-Pileser III said:
Nabû-ushabshi, their king, I hung up in front of the gate of his city on a stake. His land, his wife, his sons, his daughters, his property, the treasure of his palace, I carried off. Bit-Amukâni I trampled down like a threshing (sledge). All of its people, (and) its goods, I took to Assyria.

Sennacherib said:
I cut their throats like lambs. I cut off their precious lives (as one cuts) a string. Like the many waters of a storm, I made (the contents of) their gullets and entrails run down upon the wide earth. My prancing steeds harnessed for my riding, plunged into the streams of their blood as (into) a river. The wheels of my war chariot, which brings low the wicked and the evil, were bespattered with blood and filth. With the bodies of their warriors I filled the plain, like grass. (Their) testicles I cut off, and tore out their privates like the seeds of cucumbers.

Ashurbanipal said:
Their dismembered bodies I fed to the dogs, swine, wolves, and eagles, to the birds of heaven and the fish in the deep... What was left of the feast of the dogs and swine, of their members which blocked the streets and filled the squares, I ordered them to remove from Babylon, Kutha and Sippar, and to cast them upon heaps.

The sepulchers of their earlier and later kings, who did not fear Assur and Ishtar, my lords, (and who) had plagued the kings, my fathers, I destroyed, I devastated, I exposed to the sun. Their bones (members) I carried off to Assyria. I laid restlessness upon their shades. I deprived them of food-offerings and libations of water.

S01zxr0qbZLdX3GiqSH497Ok02FzEQ7G5YMplHlUVAOSXKkE_QoZhA=w500-h632-p

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Assyrian came down like the wolf on the fold

:greatjob:

Ashurnasirpal II said:
I flayed as many nobles as had rebelled against me [and] draped their skins over the pile [of corpses]; some I spread out within the pile, some I erected on stakes upon the pile... I flayed many right through my land [and] draped their skins over the walls.

I felled 50 of their fighting men with the sword, burnt 200 captives from them, [and] defeated in a battle on the plain 332 troops... With their blood I dyed the mountain red like red wool, [and] the rest of them the ravines [and] torrents of the mountain swallowed. I carried off captives [and] possessions from them. I cut off the heads of their fighters [and] built [therewith] a tower before their city. I burnt their adolescent boys [and] girls.

In strife and conflict I besieged [and] conquered the city. I felled 3,000 of their fighting men with the sword... I captured many troops alive: I cut off of some their arms [and] hands; I cut off of others their noses, ears, [and] extremities. I gouged out the eyes of many troops. I made one pile of the living [and] one of heads. I hung their heads on trees around the city.

Tiglath-Pileser III said:
Nabû-ushabshi, their king, I hung up in front of the gate of his city on a stake. His land, his wife, his sons, his daughters, his property, the treasure of his palace, I carried off. Bit-Amukâni I trampled down like a threshing (sledge). All of its people, (and) its goods, I took to Assyria.

Sennacherib said:
I cut their throats like lambs. I cut off their precious lives (as one cuts) a string. Like the many waters of a storm, I made (the contents of) their gullets and entrails run down upon the wide earth. My prancing steeds harnessed for my riding, plunged into the streams of their blood as (into) a river. The wheels of my war chariot, which brings low the wicked and the evil, were bespattered with blood and filth. With the bodies of their warriors I filled the plain, like grass. (Their) testicles I cut off, and tore out their privates like the seeds of cucumbers.

Ashurbanipal said:
Their dismembered bodies I fed to the dogs, swine, wolves, and eagles, to the birds of heaven and the fish in the deep... What was left of the feast of the dogs and swine, of their members which blocked the streets and filled the squares, I ordered them to remove from Babylon, Kutha and Sippar, and to cast them upon heaps.

The sepulchers of their earlier and later kings, who did not fear Assur and Ishtar, my lords, (and who) had plagued the kings, my fathers, I destroyed, I devastated, I exposed to the sun. Their bones (members) I carried off to Assyria. I laid restlessness upon their shades. I deprived them of food-offerings and libations of water.

S01zxr0qbZLdX3GiqSH497Ok02FzEQ7G5YMplHlUVAOSXKkE_QoZhA=w500-h632-p

Also Sennacherib:

They abandoned their tents; and to save their lives, they trampled the bodies of their soldiers; they fled like young pigeons that are pursued. Their hearts were torn; they held their urine, but let their dung go into their chariots.

MY ENEMIES WERE SO FUCKING SCARED OF ME THEY SHAT THEMSELVES

Starts at line 27.
http://www.kchanson.com/ANCDOCS/meso/sennprism6.html

They believed the world was going to end if they ever stopped conquering. And flaying and impaling and making people shit themselves.

The good ol' days.

Deflowerer

Arcane
So what's does the business model of this game mean for multiplayer? If I just purchase the vanilla version for now, am I fucked in MP?

oscar

Arcane
Not at all, generally match ups are between armies of similar time periods anyway (though obviously this can be overridden in free-for-all type tournaments). I'd even dare say that a good majority of the most commonly used army lists are within the base game.

oscar

Arcane
Interesting. Definitely denies the 'horse armies > everything' idea earlier in this thread advanced by Agesilaus

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=501&t=84955

- Persians of all eras seem to do pretty crummy
- The Hannibal in Italy and Hannibal in Africa lists do very well
- Gauls do rather poorly
- Graeco-Bactrians performed poorly
- Confusingly in regards to the above Indo-Greeks also did excellently (I'm guessing the strength of pre-patch Indian component of the army)
- Indians kicked a lot of ass (they were nerfed heavily a patch or two ago and this contains pre-patch battles)
- The late Jewish/Jewish revolt lists did well
- Lydians did well
- Scots-Irish kicked ass
- Pure horse Saka fucking sucked (4 wins, 18 losses. I drove them off the table myself with my Dacians)
- Slave Revolt bombed (can confirm this one, easiest win of the tournie for me was against these poor bastards)

By and large most armies however showed a fairly reasonable tally of wins and losses (or too few games to really get much of a picture on). Pure horse or horse-heavy armies hardly dominated the show:

WINS DRAWS LOSSES

Germanic Horse Tribes (260-492AD) 20-8-20
Indo-Skythians (95BC-50AD) 23-2-18
Parthians (250BC-225AD) 4-7-6
Rhoxolani (350BC-24AD) 20-9-16
Saka (300BC-50AD) 4-2-18
Sassanid Persians (224-476AD) 18-6-16
Skythians (300BC-50AD) 7-4-7
Western Huns (376-476AD) 21-6-21

Empires might rise and fall, but their legacy stands forever. Are you ready to fight for the glory of the Old Gods?

If so, mark the date as Rise of Persia, the latest DLC in the Field of Glory II franchise, will be released on September 27th!

With 12 new factions, 32 new units, 20 new army lists, 6 new Epic Battles, 35 new Quick Battles and 4 brand new historical campaigns, Rise of Persia will bring players back to 681 BC, experiencing the last flowering of chariot warfare in the ancient near-East.

If you are eager to see some action, join us today at 6PM BST on our official Twitch Channel for a two-hour stream with Richard Yorke! This will be the first of a regular series of streams featuring Field of Glory II until the release. So, if you want to discover everything about Rise of Persia and its content be sure to subscribe to our channels to receive instant notification of live events!

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
http://www.slitherine.com/news/2684...date.(Praetorian.Guard.and.Peltasts.incoming)

Rise of Persia will come with a free update (Praetorian Guard and Peltasts incoming)
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 by Daniele Meneghini

Type: News

Rise of Persia – the upcoming DLC for Field of Glory II – won’t just feature a tremendous collection of Army Lists from the factions of the period. As always, the DLC’s release will come with a free update improving many elements of the entire franchise, ranging from gameplay mechanics to AI behaviour.

But this time, the update is way juicier than ever. Some of you have asked about the lack of any direct reference to Praetorian Guard units and Peltasts in any Army Lists available. Well, your requests have been answered.

Rise of Persia will add - to the regular game and the other DLCs as well – units like the Praetorian Guard, Praetorian Guard (Late), Greek Peltasts, Thracian Peltasts, Massed Thracian Peltasts, Thracian Spearmen, and several other new units for free! These new units are part of a major army list overhaul affecting Greek, Thracian, 1st-3rd century AD Roman, Sassanid, Parthian, Indo-Parthian, Kushan and Byzantine army lists.

Kudos to the developer for this great work!

Look at the screenshots below!

Get more information about Rise of Persia from its official product page

Praetorian Guard

Greek Peltasts

Thracian Peltasts(1)

Thracian Spearmen

Massed Thracian Peltasts

Self-Ejected

DakaSha V

Self-Ejected
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/vie...sid=2071782d495a1304e7cf54ed37c3f2fd&start=80

No idea how shit this is (the interface is def shit)
But potentially fun

edit: so i still dont know if this is shit, but it is way more involved than it looks. Its an actual "game" with fairly complex rules it seems. The thread, AAR and manual detail the mechanics.

Will try soon if i can get through the garbage interface (and if the AI mod gets updated, or is confirmed working with the current version)

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron

http://www.slitherine.com/products/product.asp?gid=789
Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.

Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Expand your dominion through wars of conquest and make your culture a beacon of light, but be careful though. The risk of Decadence is not trivial. Many civilizations have collapsed for not having seen in time the signs of impending crisis. The older your empire, the more challenges will lurk in the shadows. Just expanding your borders without carefully shaping your form of government and culture won’t be the wisest of strategies.

Manage your Empire on a scale that fits you: adjust all the details of an important region, form provinces to oversee your growing realm.

Construct buildings to enhance your army, the life of your citizens, and the economy. Establish and grow a trade network of goods and resources.

The battle system is not just about who brings the larger force. Army composition and understanding the strengths and weaknesses of you and your enemy are decisive, so is choosing wisely the battlefield and the general to lead your troops.

And, if you want even more direct control, Field of Glory: Empires lets you export and load your battles in Field of Glory II!

War is decided not just by battles though, but also clever manoeuvres. Simultaneous (WEGO) turn resolution means thinking ahead to intercept – or to escape! – enemy armies will be essential. Field of Glory: Empires offers a living world where every decision has an impact on every actor.

tsiforb

Learned
Patron

(skip to 37 mins for game talk, 42 for in game)

Only skimmed this, did they mention what engine they are using here?
Seems a bit odd to call it Field of Glory and then use a "lite" version of the battle system. Hope the exporting/importing battles isn't too cumbersome.

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
Field of Glory II combat grafted onto a grand strategy would be heavan. They've already got an impressive AI too (would be neat to mix it up based on enemy general traits, aggro generals will gamble and be more prone to charges while cautious ones will maintain large reserves, hug defensive terrain more closely etc).

Field of Glory II devs are a great team. Friendly, responsive and show a lot of genuine love for their game and the community. Wish them and the game the best.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there a slight chance that the campaign map AI won't be TotalWar-level retarded?
An easy weay to avoid it would be to have much less levels of bloats on the campaign layer.
Shogun Total War AI worked just fine because there were not a bazillion useless features on the campaign level.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just noticed that it's actually an Ageod game, the people who brought us Alea Jacta Est and a whole slew of other strategy war games. In light of that detail, it definitely has my attention. I really doubt that they can successfully use an "export to FOG 2" function as a crutch for a shit internal combat system, though. There is a 0% chance that I'll be juggling files around and playing both games just to complete a campaign.

oscar

Arcane
I really doubt that they can successfully use an "export to FOG 2" function as a crutch for a shit internal combat system, though. There is a 0% chance that I'll be juggling files around and playing both games just to complete a campaign.

I might do so for big important battles but if it's like TW where there's lots of two unit vs two unit chump battles yep autoresolve or whatever.

razvedchiki

Erudite
I just noticed that it's actually an Ageod game, the people who brought us Alea Jacta Est and a whole slew of other strategy war games. In light of that detail, it definitely has my attention. I really doubt that they can successfully use an "export to FOG 2" function as a crutch for a shit internal combat system, though. There is a 0% chance that I'll be juggling files around and playing both games just to complete a campaign.

isnt the export/import happen automatically?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

isnt the export/import happen automatically?

My reading of it is this:

You can fight the battle in a simplified engine in-game

OR

You can "export" the battle, which will create a file. Then you go load FOG II and load up that file, and then play the battle. Then you "export" the result into a second file. You load up Empire and point it at the second file, whereupon it will extract the results and resume your campaign.

Sounds like a massive pain in the arse, it's like a play-by-email game with yourself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom