Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy 15

Arthandas

Liturgist
More like site looking for clickbait. They unlocked camera via hack and are trying to push some narrative that game is unoptimized because their hacked camera shows stuff that normally should be culled or resorted to LOD system.
Problem here is "hacked camera" part and you can see that their camera basically breaks the benchmark with obviously game trying to load textures etc but also leaving a lot of stuff like it was culled and LODed.
You literally have no idea what the fuck you're talking about and I have no patience to educate you (Ansel is some mysterious camera hack that makes the game render additional objects?!).

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
What's the game like in terms of story and atmosphere?
5Th95mX.gif

Last edited:

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
What's the game like in terms of story and atmosphere? I liked Kingsglaive.

It's nothing like Kingsglaive. Apart from having a completely different atmosphere due to the change in setting (you're mostly wandering peaceful green fields instead of in a choatic city at war) the story is almost non-existant, and most of the Kingsglaive characters don't appear or have very limited roles. All the Kingsglaive characters, even the minor ones, get more character development in the film than any of the FFXV characters do over the length of a 70 hour RPG.

I would describe the atmosphere as being very flat and relaxed. The only redeeming feature is the adventuring with the bros is fun in a road trip way, but only for the first few hours.

Perkel

Arcane
What's the game like in terms of story and atmosphere? I liked Kingsglaive.

Take Kingsglaive.
Remove everything between front credits and end credits. Leave only scene where they ate food.
You get FF15. And i am not shitting you at all.

Game is like 25 hours long with 95% of that being wasted on fetch quests and those 1-2 hours of story doesn't contain any build up, climax or any resemblance to actually told story. More like someone made a movie and you cut randomly things out of it and put those together.

Oh and do you remember that Luna from Kingsglaive, mc was trying to protec ? Well she dies either way after grand whole of about 1-2 minutes of total screen time. Before literally dying she never talks to MC of FF15.
Not a single fucking line in person. Either people talk about her or you have 1 minutes flashback with her as kid.
Then a game goes for full 5 hours emo trip like Luna was some kind of Aeris or something.

FF15 is basically early access game on story front.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
You literally have no idea what the fuck you're talking about and I have no patience to educate you (Ansel is some mysterious camera hack that makes the game render additional objects?!).

Which Ansel implementation works in a way that once you move camera culling and LOD system doesn't work correctly ?
Because this video proves it doesn't. If it is hacked camera then then you shouldn't be fucking surprised that you will see various shit or game will work in weird ways.

Take witcher 3 unlock camera with mod and look back behind Geralt. HOLY FUCKING SHIT everything behind you doesn't have animations !!!!!!! In this case mod only unlocks display camera and not logic attached to camera thus game doesn't work correctly because it thinks camera is still in original place.

This case is similar. You have no way of checking if game behavior is correctly handling things. It could be that some part of stuff attached to camera indeed does follow it and thus renders some objects is some form while doesn't render other things thus it makes it look like some things are rendered even if they are not seen on screen from miles away.

Like i said graphics to performance and other games. Not some shitty hacks to get some clickbait material.

PS4 is basically like i said 7970 performance level. So you should expect about 25-30 fps @ 1080p at equal textures, AO, etc. Assuming game was graphic constrained. If it was CPU then you could resonable expect something like 40-45 fps from this gpu with something like i5-3470.

Arthandas

Liturgist
Wow, in just two posts you went from "hurr durr mysterious camera hacks call fbi" to being expert on Ansel rendering and implementation.
You're spewing gibberish and I'm not going to argue with you.
Clearly you hate FFXV so what the fuck are you even doing here?

Perkel

Arcane
Wow, in just two posts you went from "hurr durr mysterious camera hacks call fbi" to being expert on Ansel rendering and implementation.
You're spewing gibberish and I'm not going to argue with you.
Clearly you hate FFXV so what the fuck are you even doing here?

Well you go from expert who doesn't even need to explain himself into literal fucking idiot and weebo FF fangirl in two posts.

Arthandas

Liturgist
Dude, I'm going black mirror on you. Your posts are now blurred to my vision and I can't interact with you.

Arthandas

Liturgist
Half Life pack for the PC version? That's actually pretty funny. Better than Dharmachakra Kabuto from Nioh.
Also, they must feel pretty confident to release a whole ch1 demo for pc

Arthandas

Liturgist
The only thing I really wanted from the PC version was full mod support and it seems we're getting so much more. Can't complain.

EDIT: According to its EULA it won't even have Denuvo.
3c700620-5e64-0132-42ad-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
Wow. I'm stunned. I can barely type.

Again, wow.

Bare with me here, I'm in a state of mini-shock and I'm genuinely struggling to type.

FF15. yet again, just wow. What the humain fuck?

I knew it was going to be bad, but THIS bad. I mean, what the fuck are you even doing or meant to be doing? It's nothing. It's air. It's empty.

Tried playing for a few hours, and all I did was hold a button to win combat, and spend absolute fucking ages pointlessly walking between checkpoints, with no real rhyme or reason as to why.

It's woeful. Awful. Abysmal. I mean, it's barely a game. It's essentially just trying to be a life-sim for teens, and there's absolutely nothing of any remote substance included. It doesn't just insult Final Fantasy, it insult gaming.

The absolute embodiment of decline.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There are 4 more DLC episodes coming. Last episode will be out in 2019.

I think the first one is Episode: Ardyn. It's the only character that seems remotely interesting in the game and I would try that out if it was standalone and didn't require the main game.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
There are 4 more DLC episodes coming. Last episode will be out in 2019.

I think the first one is Episode: Ardyn. It's the only character that seems remotely interesting in the game and I would try that out if it was standalone and didn't require the main game.

Who are the other 3 or aren't they personal story DLCs? Episode Cid / Regis / Weskham / Clarus / Cor? Episode Cindy? Episode crazy Frog Lady? Episode Iris? Episode Aranea?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Initially I didn't really like the open world in the game because it kinda turned the pacing and distracted from the alleged urgency of the story and it cased you to outlive the main quests even if you only did a fraction of the side quests. I enjoyed the open world much more after returning to it after the on rails section and it had gotten the "good old times" vibe.

Rolo

Literate

Again, wow.

Bare with me here, I'm in a state of mini-shock and I'm genuinely struggling to type.

I knew it was going to be bad, but THIS bad. I mean, what the fuck are you even doing or meant to be doing? It's nothing. It's air. It's empty.

Tried playing for a few hours, and all I did was hold a button to win combat, and spend absolute fucking ages pointlessly walking between checkpoints, with no real rhyme or reason as to why.

It's woeful. Awful. Abysmal. I mean, it's barely a game. It's essentially just trying to be a life-sim for teens, and there's absolutely nothing of any remote substance included. It doesn't just insult Final Fantasy, it insult gaming.

Japofaggot game turns out to be japofaggot shit, experts baffled.

Falksi

Arcane

Again, wow.

Japofaggot game turns out to be japofaggot shit, experts baffled.

You underestimate the level of japofaggot shit.

Arthandas

Liturgist
Wow, the game looks stunning. Definitely the prettiest rpg on the pc platform. Here's a downsampled 4k screenshot with everything maxed out including nvidia's gameworks:
01.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom