Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy 15

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I have not played the game, but what I keep wondering is if the fact the game goes from "open world" to railroad was not in, fact, planned from the start. FF Versus XIII was supposed to be the opposite of FFXIII , and FF13 starts railroaded and ends in a huge open environment.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The (literal) railroad was kinda welcome after the mainly pointless and directionless open world. The problem though it's that the railroad is a high speed bullet train which passes / rushes over important story parts (even after they reworked some of it in patches) and not a scenic route.

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
So, this game is shit right? I mean, it can't be not shit, I've seen the gameplay videos, looks shit. You can drive a pretty car and swing huge swords. This game must be targeted at fifteen years old right. (Actually, people around the age of 15 tends to like pretentious shit that they don't have the life experience required to understand yet, so no, they won't buy this.)

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
It's been out for half a week.
Demo exe is PS4 version without DLC. Thus it will allow to play it the same as PS4 version, but you need full exe for DLC and bonuses. (Which are NOT required to play it to the finish.) Also demo exe has memory leak, thus save at least once per hour, and save exit FF XV start it again and load the save after 6-8 hour (depends on your RAM) to avoid crash.

Mortmal

Arcane
Non demo version works flawlessly,not a single crash, really good port like the previous one. As for the gameplay , its a good final fantasy, expect the usual with improved graphics . Playing with controller, not even bothered with mouse and keyboard.

Mojobeard

Augur
As a warning, boy it runs heavy. Apparently very pretty and smooth if you've got the hardware for it, but my mere 4GB GTX 960 + AMD 8350 really struggles. Options don't seem to affect how it runs, except 30 FPS cap or changing resolution.

Anyone played this and can make the call on MKB vs Controller?
Controller, just like any 3rd person console port.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Somebody needs to remind me why this game is a shit JRPG, because I've played it to the seaside and it's not bad so far.

Hyperion

Arcane
Rather than press the awesome button, you HOLD the awesome button.

Awful character aesthetic, names, and personalities aside, the world is bland and empty, the dungeon crawling a tragic tale of "what could have been," no character building whatsoever, more and more uncustomizable party AI, railroaded, unfinished endgame, major plot developments being told through a 3rd party after the fact rather than being witnessed, a terrible magic system, extremely aggravating random encounters*, and God knows what else I have forgotten.

* So the Evil Empire knows exactly where they are at all times so that it can send an entire battallion of soldiers, but it never amounts to them wising up, and elevating their attacks, or catching them during the uncounted days spent lollygagging in the fields, sucking each other dicks over dinner.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Game's alright brehs

AzYjndf.jpg

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Without commenting on story:

- The specs required for the game are insane. I have a 1070ti + i78700k and I can only do 1080p 60fps on highest settings. That's pretty sad for a port of a two year old game. To use the high-res textures you tell you that you need a 1080ti plus an 8700k, so basically, you need to have one of the best possible specs money can buy before getting into Titan X shit.:decline:
- They really don't want you turning the screen filtering off(It's a shitty blur filter to improve performance for consoles) In the demo, you could turn it to off and the image was much sharper. In the full game it's now just "low". :decline:
- I haven't run into any expanded story content yet, nor have I played the DLCs. I mostly got this because they're adding in Offroading with the car, the boat, and changing some of the combat. So far though, everything is exactly the same. Hmm.

That's because NVIDIA did the "maximum settings" and they obviously did it to make you buy their GPUs. The step down from maximum settings is reasonable, the step up is "NVIDIA paid us money so we'll add pointless tesselation"

Jacob

Patron
so, there is not even a basic combo system?

see, I told you guys, this game can't be good. seriously, this is a joke, from the beginning you guys knew it SE is playing catch up by making a game from a genre people already starting to get sick of when this game was released (Open world action RPG) without trying to bring anything new. of cour it would be shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttt

Jacob

Patron
Since I am a positive thinking person I have to give credits to people who worked on the 3D visual, it is really beautiful, but the game design guys are total crap though, and also the character designer too, he's crap.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Obviously has not played it. Game is not hot shit, but the combat is deeper than that. Fucking retard.

Mojobeard

Augur
You certainly can spend 15 minutes on every fight by chugging potions and holding circle, but then you're just wasting time. That's also wasting resources on money you could use to sex up your car.

It's not hard, or number crunchy, or complex, but there's a little more going on that make it satisfying enough to play.
The "best kind" of combat is basically warp strike spamming. That will take care of about 80% of all fights, they will go by in half in a minute.
The other 20%: If there's ton of weak enemies gathered, or flans, use magic. If they still refuse to die, hold dodge and run up behind them for buddy link-strikes.
If the enemies are shelled, use Prompto's piercing attack. If anyone's low on health, use Ignis's heal. If there's tons of enemies in one spot, use Gladiolus's slash.
And then when you're far enough in the story, and the game thinks you play like shit, you can DELET the battlefield with a summon.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
is this shit cracked yet or what

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom