Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

Caim

Arcane
So the remake of VII will be "improved to fit modern design sensibilities" and not just have the visuals improved, voice acting added and the like?

And into the trash it goes, then.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So the remake of VII will be "improved to fit modern design sensibilities" and not just have the visuals improved, voice acting added and the like?

Late to the party. When was the last time a remake just updated the presentation of a game, anyway?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
You may not remember but already X was shitty game due to how linear everything was. FFXIII was basically sequel to design on FFX. Only difference was that it didn't have a map like FFXIII so people didn't notice it that much.

Only thing it rescued it was battle system

FF X might be linear, but the storyline atleast is 50 hours long.

Perkel

Arcane
You may not remember but already X was shitty game due to how linear everything was. FFXIII was basically sequel to design on FFX. Only difference was that it didn't have a map like FFXIII so people didn't notice it that much.

FFXIII takes about 30-40 hours just to get to Pulse which is where linearity finally goes away a bit. To finish game you are looking at 60-70 hours. I did Pulse stuff and finished in ~90 hours but didn't finish all in Pulse.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

FFXIII takes about 30-40 hours just to get to Pulse which is where linearity finally goes away a bit. To finish game you are looking at 60-70 hours. I did Pulse stuff and finished in ~90 hours but didn't finish all in Pulse.

i did not add side stuff, if you add side stuff to FF X, than the game is easily 150 hours, FF X is probably the longest FF.

Perkel

Arcane

i did not add side stuff, if you add side stuff to FF X, than the game is easily 150 hours, FF X is probably the longest FF.

What side stuff ? Getting celestial weapons ? few more Aeons ? dark aeons ? Blitzball league? Grinding stats to 255 ? I did all of that in less that 100h (i think it was like 95h).

In therm of side content FFX isn't really any much bigger than FFIX or FFVIII which had shitload of sidecontent both in main story and out of it. where FFX side content was basically just near the end so you had to deal first with very linear story then you could go back and do something else.

Inziladun

Magister

Late to the party. When was the last time a remake just updated the presentation of a game, anyway?

Abe's World "New N' Tasty" is a pretty good, recent example of a remake done right. Preserving everything people loved about the original, updating it with new technology and adding subtle new features while still preserving the old feel whole-heartedly.

Melcar

Arcane

Abe's World "New N' Tasty" is a pretty good, recent example of a remake done right. Preserving everything people loved about the original, updating it with new technology and adding subtle new features while still preserving the old feel whole-heartedly.

Yeah, I was going to mention that one too. Sadly a lot of remakes tend to go full retard.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I really don't get why Lightning is that popular (or SE thinks that she is popular). She's probably in the "popular for being popular" phase already.

She's not, but the art director is in love with her:

ka7MD.png

cyJlSWk.jpg

His co-workers are just as much to blame as he is for not doing an intervention. Someone needs to sit him down and explain to him that his waifu isn't real.

Martius

Liturgist
His co-workers are just as much to blame as he is for not doing an intervention. Someone needs to sit him down and explain to him that his waifu isn't real.
At this point its probably too late. Right now I am worried what will be next after interview with Lightning. VR game with her?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
At this point its probably too late. Right now I am worried what will be next after interview with Lightning. VR game with her?

Lightning VR hand holding simulator. Give Toriyama the send off he deserves.

Severian Silk

I don't think I could deal with ATB again at my age. But why do they have to make new FF games? Can't they design a new franchise?

Caim

Arcane
I don't think I could deal with ATB again at my age. But why do they have to make new FF games? Can't they design a new franchise?
From what I've seen FFXV plays wholly different than any other FF game. It's like a strange mix of MMO and turn-based action.

And why make a new franchise for the game you're making when you can just slap the FF name on and make millions that way?

nil

Cipher
They could, but Lightning would feel a bit out of place in a entirely new franchise.

Severian Silk

Gothic and Witcher 2 have okay combat, but I hate MMO combat. MMO combat is *not* a selling point.

Duraframe300

Arcane
FF X might be linear, but the storyline atleast is 50 hours long, i.e. the story is dumb and long.

Adding to that, you can skip the cutscenes in XIII. Not so much in X which makes a big chunk of the time to beat it.

Honestly, they're about the same size. Imo XIII is a bit bigger/takes longer to completly beat. X has the more annoying (but way more charming and creative) end game stuff as well.

Jinn

Arcane
Brother Team is a fine man. Bless him.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom