Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Firefall

Dire Roach

Prophet
Any Codexians currently playing this MAJESTIC MMOFPSRPG? There's something about the art style that puts me off a bit but it seems like it has the potential to hold my attention longer than Planetside 2 did.

Never heard of it? Here, have a 2 year-old trailer:

WygadanyCygan

Novice
Played the game when servers where open and really liked it but still it was beta so bugged quest and stuff like that also gfx is badly optimized (old pc dont help here thought so it might be that) but what was weird that between max and minimum settings I didnt notice much of a difference except of the fps drop. There are pvp maps already in so you can just hop in queue from wherever you are.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Been interested in this for a couple years but don't feel like messing with the beta. I'll check it out when it's released (F2P, anyway). Also, I like the art style. Tired of everything being 'realistic.'

Machine

Arbiter
Been in Firefall beta for quite a while, gotta say that while they have right ideas and I generally like the company's attitude, they seem to be failing a bit on execution part. Game is still looong ways from release tho, if anybody wanna try it out pm me for keys, I have a ton (10 or so iirc). Game certainly has potential though, just dont set your expectations too high at the moment.

Dire Roach

Prophet
Also, I like the art style. Tired of everything being 'realistic.'
On one hand, I like that it's not the generic brown and gray that is to be expected due to the post-apocalyptic setting, but on the other, it doesn't make sense why they chose to make it so bright-colored and cartoony when the game seems to take itself seriously. The style reminds me a lot of Borderlands, but that game makes it clear from the beginning that it doesn't take itself so seriously. The whole thing just screams "THIS GAME IS MADE FOR TEENS" but whatever, I don't really mind as long as the game is fun.

Machine, would you PM me one of those beta keys plox? I would gladly pay forward more keys to get an invite train started here.

anus_pounder

Arcane
If anyone has a beta key to spare, that would be lovely. :oops:

Whats the game suppose to be btw ? Is it like a huge world PvP like PS2 or does it have PvE ? I'm mostly interested in the latter.

Machine

Arbiter
Sent you guys keys via pm, got 13 more if anybody else is interested.

edit @ anus_pounder

Open world is pure pve (for now), pvp is instance based, like any arena shooter really. They do plan to introduce factions and owpvp but it probably wont happen for long while.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Thanks for the key, Machine. :salute:

Open World PvE, PvP Instanced (for now) ? You got me right there. Gonna try it for sure (also I don't want to waste machine's key :oops:)

Apparently a beta invite comes along with 5 more beta invites. So anyone want ? :3

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
i gots like 7 invites if anyone wants. same toon nick as here.

The first trailer for this was pretty meh. Was interested only for the sci-fi theme.

Then I read somewhere that they hired that homophobic fuck of a writer to write the backstory and at that point I said screw this shit, I hope it flops.

Dire Roach

Prophet
So I've been having fun with this game for the past week. It currently feels a lot like an MMO-ized version of Borderlands minus the level scaling and random gear drops. I can understand the founder's package deals but I think it's a bit too early for them to have a cosmetic cash shop, considering the game's still in a state where the look of many things is subject to change. Still haven't tried PVP yet but it promises to reveal a lot about the work that's being put into class balancing.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Surprises me where people get funding for stuff like this when they've been working on it for three or so years now and relying on cosmetic items to make a profit.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I said earlier, Mark Kern is dammend in development hell to recreate WoW over and over. Still, my jaw dropped to the floor when I heard that the Shooter Firefall will have its PvP removed. A shooter without PvP. God fucking damn, the declinal power is sending tremors through Earth's crust.

Dear Firefall Fans:

As you know, Firefall started with PvP. We have gone through several iterations, and for some time, pursued the controversial e-Sports route. As many of you know, its not working very well. Our last big attempt was a pure PvP eSports mode, Jetball. While very fun, its a high skill game and doesn't attract many of our players (less than 3% PvP in Firefall).

Also, PvP has suffered as our focus has had to focus on the popular PvE part of our game. People want more content, fewer bugs, and more polish on these world systems. For these reasons, we have made the tough decision to suspend PvP and take the system offline so that we can rethink it and relaunch it. PvP is an important part of our game, and we want to get it right.

So we’re going to regroup, rethink, and deliver the best PvP system we can that can be enjoyed by everyone. We don’t have a timetable for this, but at some near future point we will shut off the PvP aspect of the game, which we feel does not represent Firefall at its best, and relaunch that part of the game when its ready.

Thank you for your understanding. We only want to deliver the best experience that entertains all of our players, and we feel that by taking the time to completely rethink our PvP and re-implement it to the highest standards, we can do much better.

- Mark Kern

CEO, Chief Creative Officer, Red 5 Studios

God fucking damn! :lol: :deadhorse:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom