Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Five Nights at Freddy's Series Thread

lightbane

Arcane
Sadly, I wasn't able to find a Youtube gameplay video of this game without commentaries :(. FNAF game-like videos and such are bloated with these dramawhores.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got lucky and found two without commentaries. Updating my previous post.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Five Nights at Freddy's...the Movie.

Warner Bros. has picked up the rights to Five Nights at Freddy’s, the popular video game series created by Scott Cawthon.

The feature adaptation will be produced by Roy Lee of Vertigo Entertainment as well as Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg of KatzSmith Productions.

The game takes place in Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza, a darker version of Chuck-E-Cheese, where an animatronic animal band performs kiddy songs by day, and goes on murderous rampages by night. The goal of the game is to survive a night locked inside, knowing that a furry death machine might jump out of the dark at any moment.

“We’re looking forward to working with Scott to make an insane, terrifying and weirdly adorable movie,” said Grahame-Smith.

"The story really lends itself to being a movie, and it taps into a largely unexplored niche of horror that a lot of people will be able to relate to," said Cawthon.

The project is currently out to writers.

In before the "Pixels" film starts to look like a modern-day masterpiece.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
One would think that with the Five Nights at Freddy's "craze" being over that people would just pack up and leave.

Not quite. There are still several "me-too" fan-games being made, but as one can guess most of them suck pretty badly.

The exception is One Night At Flumpty's.

The core is the same: Survive the night. But there's just the one night, which helps the impatient kids.

The first game is almost identical to the first FnaF in terms of gameplay and game mechanics (since it was nothing more than a joke) but then there came a sequel where the author tries to do something new.

The record player alone deserves special mention for the short message it plays at the start of each game.

So in the unlikely event that someone hasn't had enough of FnaF, give these a look.

Luzur

Good Sir
One would think that with the Five Nights at Freddy's "craze" being over that people would just pack up and leave.

Not quite. There are still several "me-too" fan-games being made, but as one can guess most of them suck pretty badly.

The exception is One Night At Flumpty's.

The core is the same: Survive the night. But there's just the one night, which helps the impatient kids.

The first game is almost identical to the first FnaF in terms of gameplay and game mechanics (since it was nothing more than a joke) but then there came a sequel where the author tries to do something new.

The record player alone deserves special mention for the short message it plays at the start of each game.

So in the unlikely event that someone hasn't had enough of FnaF, give these a look.

Someone mentioned a hentai game spoof of FNAF being made/have been made.

lightbane

Arcane

Unfortunately, my dear immortal feline, it seems this is not totally true:

This teaser pic appeared in Scott's webpage:

5-Nights-at-Freddys-The-Final-Chapter-720x480.jpg

Hopefully this is REALLY the last game, because at this point Scott is going overboard, that thing is trying too hard to be scary. Either way, assuming it's not an elaborate joke, prepare yourselves for the final Five Nights at Freddy 4: Like a Bear out of Hell.

Lucky

Arcane
I don't mind if he keeps cranking them out, as long as they're still good games and he keeps trying to improve them. No need for change for the sake of change, the whole thing is about a year old after all. I'd start getting annoyed if he tried to turn it into franchise.

Video Game 'Five Nights at Freddy's' Getting Movie Treatment (Exclusive)

Oh.

Caim

Arcane
How is that going to work though? Some kind of Alien setup? Or more of a slasher flick?

Lucky

Arcane

game series created by Scott Cawthon.

The feature adaptation will be produced by Roy Lee of Vertigo Entertainment as well as Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg of KatzSmith Productions.

The game takes place in Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza, a darker version of Chuck-E-Cheese, where an animatronic animal band performs kiddy songs by day, and goes on murderous rampages by night. The goal of the game is to survive a night locked inside, knowing that a furry death machine might jump out of the dark at any moment.

We’re looking forward to working with Scott to make an insane, terrifying and weirdly adorable movie,” said Grahame-Smith.

"The story really lends itself to being a movie, and it taps into a largely unexplored niche of horror that a lot of people will be able to relate to
," said Cawthon.

Adam Stone and Jay Ireland will exec produce. Jon Berg and Nik Mavinkurve are overseeing for Warners.

Lee was a producer on Warners’ Liam Neeson action thriller Run All Night and has the Poltergeist remake due to open May 22. Grahame-Smith and Katzenberg, meanwhile, are developing a Beetlejuice sequel.

The trio are producing Cary Fukunaga’s adaptation of the seminal Stephen King novel It, which is eyeing a summer shooting start.

It's going to be terrifyingly adorable, apparently.

Caim

Arcane

game series created by Scott Cawthon.

We’re looking forward to working with Scott to make an insane, terrifying and weirdly adorable movie,” said Grahame-Smith.

"The story really lends itself to being a movie, and it taps into a largely unexplored niche of horror that a lot of people will be able to relate to
," said Cawthon.

Adam Stone and Jay Ireland will exec produce. Jon Berg and Nik Mavinkurve are overseeing for Warners.

Lee was a producer on Warners’ Liam Neeson action thriller Run All Night and has the Poltergeist remake due to open May 22. Grahame-Smith and Katzenberg, meanwhile, are developing a Beetlejuice sequel.

The trio are producing Cary Fukunaga’s adaptation of the seminal Stephen King novel It, which is eyeing a summer shooting start.

It's going to be terrifyingly adorable, apparently.
Something like this, then?

pizza_time_theatre_by_dwarfdraco-d86rdk9.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
So, the time has come (yet again): Five Nights at Freddy's 4 is coming this August, because Scott can't wait to start counting the loads of money hear the screams of horror/delight from his fans.

Apparently, you seem to play as a little boy* who has no cameras, no mask, nor reinforced metal doors to protect himself from the deadly animatronics. Instead, you only possess a flashlight which I bet it will be least efficient than the average ACME product. At least you seem to be able to (vaguely) move around this time.

*Or girl. Evil spirits are firm believers in equality and don't care about their victims' gender, beliefs, political and sexual orientation, or even age.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Just a heads up, Five Nights at Freddy's 4 just got released.

EDIT: Had a go.

# There's no phone call...at least not on Night 1. Instead you get help screens which tell you which keys to press and for what purpose. (INB4 Decline of Freddy's.)

# The FIRST THING the game asks you to do is adjust the volume until you hear crickets. For me this mean DOUBLING the standard volume I listen on, so be advised.

# The game also asks you to check for "Sticky Keys", so make sure that Windows feature is turned off.

# The game starts with a 8-bit minigame, which infers that the game will be story-heavy. Right, whatever.

# While you're still confined to your room, there are still 4 "locations" to go to, and everything's measured from the perspective of a 6-year old (at the oldest), even the travel time across the floor.

# Just like in FnaF1, Bonnie comes from the left door and Chica from the right door. Like in Fnaf2, Foxy comes from straight in front of you. But what's new is that you also need to keep tabs on the bed behind you. On my first gameplay session I scared off those mini-Freddies 3 times.

# Unfortunately I got nailed by Bonnie at 5 AM, because running to a door gives 2 options, to shine the light down the corridor or hold the door shut. You're supposed to hold the door shut if you hear breathing, but I made the foolish decision to immediately shine the light down the hallway, which led to my demise.

# The standard YouTube celebs didn't get an advance copy (or warning) so you might have to wait until they have their videos up...but my bet says that they'll have them up within 24 hours.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
So Amonst the Sleep meets FNAF. Also, for good or bad Mister Scott couldn't just a few days to get these gold-plated helicopters please his fans, heh. Does the game give you some kind of reason why the robots are trying to kill a little kid in this game? IIRC, they were supposed to like children, to the point of being one of the possible reasons why they started killing willing (and unwilling) security guards.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Does the game give you some kind of reason why the robots are trying to kill a little kid in this game? IIRC, they were supposed to like children, to the point of being one of the possible reasons why they started killing willing (and unwilling) security guards.

I haven't even beaten Night 1 yet, and I haven't dared scour any FnaF-related discussion, but it seems to have something to do with a Springtrap doll that's in the boy's possession.

What I'm really wondering is when the game takes place. The house interior suggests the 1980s, and that "5 days 'till the party" countdown is as ominous as it gets.

Also, Markiplier's video is up.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
FnaF4 update: I reached Night 5. SOMETHING I DEEPLY REGRET.

Fredbear is THE scariest thing to ever come out of these games.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Looking forward to the streams. Not sure why but Markiplier playing this cracks me up, even though I hate the guy otherwise.

A horse of course

I told you about using archive, Infinitron. It's almost like you're part of a globe-spanning conspiracy to destroy western civilization.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom