Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Flowcharts

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Bros, any advice about flowchart makers to write down branching storylines/scenes etc?

Do you know any simple and handy ones?

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I use Visual Paradigm, but it's not free, also there's a lot of software engineering/project management functionality which you probably don't need.
I used 'Flowgorithm' a few times during university, which is free, fairly easy to get into and might be what you're looking for. Didn't dive into it too deep tho.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Paper, pencil, eraser.

If you have money to spend there's Articy Draft. If you are on Unity3D, they made a plugin to import the data into your game. I haven't tried their Unity3D plugin though.

Mustawd

We used to use Visio when I was an auditor, but you can approximate the same using excel and smart art.

EDIT: I meant shapes. They have flowchart shapes under the "Insert" ribbon.

Last edited by a moderator:

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
In my previous job we used to model and document algorithms in https://www.draw.io/ . It's free, easy to use and browser-based. Also, you can save you charts as .xml files or export them to your image format of choice.

Severian Silk

If you are a student you can probably get Visio for free from Microsoft.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom