Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

For the love of god, make it stop

Jason

chasing a bee
Probably because that guy has a habit of posting the exact same threads, such as that one, in various forums across the interwebs.

obediah

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
obediah said:
I never thought I admit it - but an rpg forum ran by petty forum nazi's is better than a free-wheeling hangout for all of KC's 12 year old 4chan friends.
..to keep one person from going rouge and silencing opposing view points
What's with all the love, obediah? Although we've had some disagreements, I don't recall ever talking to you as an admin and trying to "silence" your views.

Oh - I see how the context of the thread could suggest it, but my forum nazi moderator's were hypothetical constructs based on my expereiences at other forums - not a condemnation of your attempt at cleaning this place up. I disagreed with some of the criteria you used to identify "bad" posters and resisted the concept of moderation, but you were far from a tyrant.

I tempo-banned some people who I thought deserved it and when I thought that it's time to clean up the place, I talked to the other admins and asked for a full consensus.

Nobody went rogue and there were no banning spree and silencing of opposing views, so what are you talking about?

They were just common pitfalls of forum moderation. If a single moderator can make a post go away, then it's too easy for someone to intentionally or accidentally nuke a post that doesn't break the spirit of the forum rules. Especially when the moderator is an active member of the community.

The silencing of opposing views comes from web 2.0 bullshit. The wiki, slashdot and digg way of using a mob of like minded people to silence opposing views no matter how well written or thought out they are. Why address points when you can just bury them?

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
codex_desktop.jpg

oscar

Arcane
And why on earth was my New Zealand cities (and my search for an SS uniform retardo'd?

I can't find that Second World War memoribilia shop in the CBD either..

Andhaira

Arcane
lol I bet you one day some game dev will put rpgcidex in their games.say, an Inn called Codexia or something.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
Trash said:
Nice to see GD making an increasing impact on the site. It's now at the point where even the game developers are spamming. The time will be right soon.

I'd was spamming these forums long before I was a game developer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom