Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Forced megathreads, AGAIN

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I started a thread in General Gaming, specifically for people to post their favorite game soundtracks. For no reason other than abuse of power for its own sake, one of the mods merged it into the thread where video game music in general is discussed, ruining the whole point of the thread. We were supposed to be done with mod-enforced megathreads, weren't we?

hivemind

Forum_e89bee_2516917.jpg

fanta

Arcane
-( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╯╲___卐卐卐卐

dont mind me just taking rpgcodex mods for a walk

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
We already have a thread where people post their favorite video game songs in. Why specifically do we need another one where people post their favorite video game songs?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
We were supposed to be done with mod-enforced megathreads, weren't we?

I had to learn this the hard way. I got demoted for it-- WAIT, NO I RESIGNED! Yeah, I resigned.

Still, it's what DU decreed. What's the deal, Jaesun?

Edit: Night Goat, perhaps you can quote or link your post, then link us to the 'megathread' it got moved to (so we can judge for ourselves)? I can't fucking find it, there're way too many other threads in there. :troll:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Threads were basically the same though. NG just wants to be a special snowflake.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
We already have a thread where people post their favorite video game songs in. Why specifically do we need another one where people post their favorite video game songs?
Threads were basically the same though. NG just wants to be a special snowflake.
It's not the same thing, though. A track is one song, a soundtrack is the set containing all of the game's songs. Furthermore the thread was for people to post their favorite soundtracks, not just any.
Edit: Night Goat, perhaps you can quote or link your post, then link us to the 'megathread' it got moved to (so we can judge for ourselves)?
The thread I made is gone of course, this was the initial post:
http://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-video-game-music-thread.38708/page-44#post-3968392

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
If your thread had originally specified that you wanted to talk about favorite game soundtracks, then I agree. It shouldn't have been merged. The megathread is way too general in nature.

Jaesun...

Edit: Wait, a minute. From the megathread's OP:

Many games have them, that one music track that when it starts playing your reaction is "aw, yea it's ON NOW!!". The music that you know it's ass-kicking time.

This actually sounds like it's promoting a favorite track, even without specifically mentioning that.

Night Goat...

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
So just so I get this right...

A thread about discussing video game soundtracks was merged with another thread about discussing video game soundtracks.

And this is a problem?

Parsifarka

Arcane
Can someone direct me to some quality codexian drama? I expected something stupid but not so bland when entering here.
Thanks.

Severian Silk

Isn't there already a thread for complaining about megthreads? Why don't we merge this thread with that one?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom