Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Forgotten Steam Gems

Hey,

I am looking for some Steam games that may have fell under my radar, either in pre-release, or old school. I will go first, recommending E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy, a perfectly flawed diamond in the vein of Deus Ex. I am also throwing in a world for Black Ice, which is a procedurally generated Tron-meets-Borderlands, only $9.99 on pre-release, though it bumps up to $19.99. It is getting rave reviews.

I haven't played it yet, but it's on my wishlist. I might as well add a few others, before the Summer sale, when my wishlist gets full.

Dawnrazor

P.S. I am also looking for some kind of over-the-shoulder melee Arena brawler in 3D, kind of a cross between Dark Messiah and Powerstone 1 & 2, and Anarchy Reigns, with 20% less Capcom over-the-top DBZ.

Otherwise, anything goes. ;)

A user named cat

Ghost Master - if you liked Haunting for Sega Genesis, then I'd say this is a pretty nice hidden gem to combat boredom.

Wizorb - fun and cheap Breakout clone that's basically forgotten at this point.

Essegi

Cipher
Sacrifice
Shadow Man
Age of Fear 2 (not yet released on Steam, nice TB game)

Something more "brawling" relatad, in some way, maybe not waht you seek but i mention anyway:
Megabyte Punch (not really played much it, it has a nice Smash Bros feeling. It has been on bundle)
Rune Classic (not a fan of the game, but there's some brawling)
Enclave (ridiculous price right now)
Shadowcrypt (maybe not a masteripiece, but it's nearly like a Zelda 2 combat oriented)
Wazhack (side scrolling roguelike, fast and fluid to play, Nethack inspired)

Sacrifice
Shadow Man
Age of Fear 2 (not yet released on Steam, nice TB game)

Something more "brawling" relatad, in some way, maybe not waht you seek but i mention anyway:
Megabyte Punch (not really played much it, it has a nice Smash Bros feeling. It has been on bundle)
Rune Classic (not a fan of the game, but there's some brawling)
Enclave (ridiculous price right now)
Shadowcrypt (maybe not a masteripiece, but it's nearly like a Zelda 2 combat oriented)
Wazhack (side scrolling roguelike, fast and fluid to play, Nethack inspired)

I just grabbed Enclave.

This thread needs a BUMP.

My current list of to-be's includes Delver, Deathtrap Dungeon, Necrovision, Deadcore, Black Ice, Spectromancer, Zeno Clash, The Last Remnant, Wickland, Dear Esther, Tengami, The Void, The Path, Underrail, Darkest Dungeon, Cylne, Mind: Path to Thalamus, BloodLust Shadowhunter, Ziggurat, Konung 2, NaissanceE, Miasmata, Cave Story+, the new Realms of Arkania which got mixed reviews but seems recent reviews indicate improvements, Apotheon, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, La-Mulana, NEO Scavenger, Dream, Chaos Reborn, Antichamber, Hektor, Valid Story: Abyssal City, Sunless Sea, Banner Saga, Master Reboot, Monstrum, EVE Online, Kenshi, Deathtrap, Ori and the Blind Forest, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (Premium edition), IWD: Enhanced, Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, The Talos Principle, Among the Sleep, Armello, Abyss Odyssey, Daylight, Onikira: Demon Killer, Limbo, Trine 1 & 2 Enchanted Editions, Deadnaut, STALKER: Call of Pripyat, Beyond Good & Evil, Braid, In Exilium, Strife, 4089: Ghost Within, Cloudbuilt, both reduxed Metro 2033 games, Mount & Blade: Warband, The Long Dark, Ether One, Resident Evil Remaster, Frozen Cortex, Republique Remastered, Blades of Time, the Wolf Among Us, Deadly Profits, Age of Decadence, Dreamfall Chapters, The Longest Journey, Satellite Reign, Endless Space, Cults and Daggers, Shadowrun Chronicles, DARK, Endless Legend, Worlds of Magic, Shadow Warrior, Pillars of Eternity, Total War: Atilla, Distant Worlds: Universe, The Evil Within, Dying Light, Chasm, Crawl, Nightbanes, Running Shadow, Nosgoth, Requiem, Vindictus, Ascend: Hand of Kuul, Rise of Incarnates, Tera, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Solforge, Hellraid, Killing Floor 2, Swordsman Online, Kairo, Skyforge, Akaneiro: Demon Hunters, Enigma, Year Walk, Sudeki, Fallen Earth, Warframe, Dystopia, Warmachine Tactics, and the M&M CCG, as well as a few other DOTA type games, such as Infinite Crisis.

Lately, I've found myself drawn to the new wave of MMOs, but I have been looking for a hack'n slash brawler in the vein of Powerstone, or Dark Messiah, something similar to Anarchy Reigns. The above list is purely Wishlist items. I recently bought Nosferatu and Frozen Synapse on sale, as well as Enclave, mentioned above. The list was in no particular order, and I'll probably not end up getting all of the games, though you can see how far behind I am. I just moved onto Marvel Heroes Online, and DC Universe, along with Ultima Online, Wizardry Online (now taken down), and Mortal Online (pure hardcore goodness.) None of the MMOs have been recently compelling, though I started with MUDs, so I guess one day they'll find something with serious depth to attract my interest. Until then, I'm looking at the games above, along with the three I just bought. In the meantime, I am finishing up the latest Shadowrun game, and EYE: Divine Cybermancy, and mucking about in Witcher 3.

Dawnrazor

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death is a great 80s action films inspired over the top brawler. It costs pennies too.

I'm actually in favor of cutting the list in half. Remember, this is just a wish list, and some of the early access stuff such as Delver, Bloodlust, and Ziggurat is getting heavy comparisons to Underworld, Bloodlines, and Dark Messiah respectively.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Expeditions: Conquistador let me play as a racist dick and I really liked it.

The Swapper is a fun sidescrolling puzzler.

Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum... Oh wait!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom