Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Forum pages failing to load or cutting midway through.

racofer

Thread Incliner
For the last month or so it, only on the Codex, pages will either not load at all, requiring a reload, or they partially load and I have to refresh multiple times until they display properly.

This happens with both Firefox and Chrome, at home or at work or anyplace else I've tried. It also happens constantly, as in, anytime I'm browsing the Codex, I would say 1 out of 5~7 pages will fail to load. Every time I now open the forums and open up a thread, or go to the next page, or search for new posts, this randomly happens. Browsing the Codex is now a pain in the ass because of this.

I ruled out my interwebs since it happens at work as well, and it's a completely different provider with different routs and such. The computers are also different (home desktop, laptop, work desktop). The browsers are different (Firefox, Chrome), either at home or at work... tried at a friend's place the other day with my laptop and it also presents the same behavior... too many variables tested on my end, and the issue still persists. So I ask here if anyone else is having the same issues.

I have not seen this issue anywhere else but the Codex forums. The main forum page also randomly fails to load, cutting off the bottom of the page, or the Shoutbox doesn't load.

In Chrome the pages simply don't display at all when this issue happens, and in Firefox it usually cuts midway through and the bottom of the page is all messed up.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Does it happen when you log out? :smug:
Yes.

Here are some screens I just took that illustrate the issue:

7WHHUyy.jpg

qK2hWcV.jpg

JDzi7g6.jpg

Notice how the bottom of the page didn't finish to load.

In Chrome it simply doesn't load the page at all.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I have had this happen to me as well (Chrome on my PC). Also happens on my phone too (Safari). It is completely random when it happens though.

racofer

Thread Incliner
I have had this happen to me as well (Chrome on my PC). Also happens on my phone too (Safari). It is completely random when it happens though.

I just opened a bunch of pages now to take those screenshots. It happens so often I can reproduce the issue basically at any time.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I currently have not had the problem in a while. Everything has been loading just fine for me today (phone and pc).

No Great Name

Arcane
This happens to me using Firefox every now and then. I haven't figured out the reason for it either and I just refresh the page till it loads correctly.

Self-Ejected

Kazuki

Self-Ejected
This problem is happens to me as well.

It's not fairly often and big issue for me, but it's really annoying if that does happen.

racofer

Thread Incliner
This issue persists, albeit I've only noticed it on Chromium based browsers (Chrome/Vivaldi) now. Firefox seems to be immune.

Another site on which this problem appears is the guru3d forums. Coincidentally, that forum also runs on Xenforo. Perhaps there is some javascript errors that occur and the browser fails to load the site. I don't know. But in no other site so far I've encountered this issue, and it happens quite frequently over here.

racofer

Thread Incliner
I just thought about opening the developers console on Chrome when it happened. Turns out there is an error message associated with the issue:

oj5znOB.jpg

Checking the Elements pane shows a whole lot of this:

bnCrc63.jpg

going all the way to over 7000 empty lines on the page.

racofer

Thread Incliner
My Chrome and internet are fully patched and up to date.

Surprisingly, this hasn't happened in over a week... I don't know what's changed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom