Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Forum problems

Murk

Arcane
I'm getting same issues both from home and from work.
Same ISP? Location?

completely different location/provider and different machine (home = win 10, work = win 7).

home is comcast, no clue what work is (government building, so... whatever the fuck the state of texas uses).

I'm getting about 20-25% packet loss at: vl38.dsw3.chi2.wiredtree.com which is hop 11 out of 12.

rest is all clean.

Grimlorn

Arcane
I'm getting same issues both from home and from work.
Same ISP? Location?

completely different location/provider and different machine (home = win 10, work = win 7).

home is comcast, no clue what work is (government building, so... whatever the fuck the state of texas uses).

I'm getting about 20-25% packet loss at: vl38.dsw3.chi2.wiredtree.com which is hop 11 out of 12.

rest is all clean.
Same here except I sometimes noticed packet loss with the first wiredtree.com hop as well on my info. I tried banning the IP addresses in Windows Firewall under advanced rules, I made a new rule for both inbound and outbound to block these IPs but has no effect on hopping through them to Codex. Any way to ban them from being used when accessing a website?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
heroteam.png

Fucking WiredTree.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
It could just be Comcast. Call your ISP and complain, WiredTree got bought by Liquid and they're transitioning everything away from Chicago, moving servers to Liquid's DCs etc. so there are bound to be various issues along the way. Given your ad blocking, you're still getting pretty good service for free even if it only works half of the time. :lol:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not helpful at this point, but confirmed that my connection from home (Comcast) is still shit. Gonna have to save up those alerts for the work week I guess.

Murk

Arcane
seems it is comcast; connection from work is smooth

Grimlorn

Arcane
It could just be Comcast. Call your ISP and complain, WiredTree got bought by Liquid and they're transitioning everything away from Chicago, moving servers to Liquid's DCs etc. so there are bound to be various issues along the way. Given your ad blocking, you're still getting pretty good service for free even if it only works half of the time. :lol:
I use to have this site white listed but you guys had those stupid video ads that would show up every time you opened a new tab. It was annoying as Hell, especially if you had headphones on and forgot to turn the sound down.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
All ads are cookied to only show every so often, but when you block all cookies, you force stupid shit like that on yourself on every page load... and then blame the site for it. Also, the only video ads that I know of show for unregistered/logged out users only, so anyone logged in shouldn't be seeing any.

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
Works good now for me too good thing because I was wasting data

Murk

Arcane
Same, working alright for me as well. Down detector still shows the hellhole that is Houston is busted though.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Is DU selling login info to underrail or something?

One time i entered codex and got a ' underrail.com is requesting loging and password from you' i ofcourse closed it.

It's getting worse and worse by the day, umatrix has to block the following sites

internetometer.com
wiredtree.com
photobucket.com
twitch.tv
extreme-dm.com
paypal.com
sorcerers.net
underrail.com

Does DU love jewgold so much?

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Had an authentication message like this from underrail.com , wtf was it ?

Basic-Auth-Prompt.png

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Stop using browsers, this Internet thing is too complex for you. Either that or just block *.* which should keep things simple enough for you to use as there'll only be a single page to worry about.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Stop using browsers, this Internet thing is too complex for you. Either that or just block *.* which should keep things simple enough for you to use as there'll only be a single page to worry about.

why when you visit site A there is authentication request from site B ? and why did it happen only once ?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Are you saying that it is normal behaviour that something like this showed

site+authentication1.png

for underrail.com when I entered the main site of rpgcodex.net ?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
That's most likely happening because of a misconfiguration of one of your addons and has nothing to do with the Codex. Uninstall whatever shit you've got running that messes with the Codex and you won't have any problems.

Severian Silk

That's most likely happening because of a misconfiguration of one of your addons and has nothing to do with the Codex. Uninstall whatever shit you've got running that messes with the Codex and you won't have any problems.
So you say...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom