Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Forums are up...

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Also, what happened to the edit button?

Ironically, I found the edit button and edited this post.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Shut up you faggots.

Also, I'm going to keep posting in black until the text entry box is changed to something other than white because I can't see what I'm typing otherwise.

Fix plox.

Have you tried altering the forum theme to the codex one at the bottom left? The textbox should not be white.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I'm on (and have re-selected, several times) "RPG Codex Doesn't scale to your level". This should be sufficient. It's broken, however.

This is like that thing St. Toxic was talking about.

There's something weird happening with the edit function, too., Sometimes the request simply doesn't work. You can hit Edit and there's no response. The text I'm typing right now is invisible. I'm just going to hit Save Changes to see how many typing mistakes I made.

Not bad. Only one typo I see. Trying again, and again the text is white on white. How gay.

hiver

Crispy got all manly and aggressive since the change.
Whats rilingyour hormones Crisp?

hiver

nah... i dont think so.
But its kinda good to see him bust some caps around :)

Anyway, what with my uber mega stumbanfuhrer ignore plan DU and crew?
Too wild, too difficult to implement, not appropriate... not radical enough?

Or are you going " hmmm... he does have a point... hmmm ...." ?

Random

Arcane
Patron
Listen, hiver, you have a right to your opinion, and I accept that. You also have the right to express your opinion, which I also accept.

However, that does not mean you have the right to not be completely ridiculed for your opinion on the occasion that it's retarded. You can ignore all the people you want because they smashed your ass in a debate, that's basically the same thing as putting your fingers in your own ears and saying "nanananana" really loud. But making it so they can't hear you, either? That's putting your fingers in their ears and shouting "nanananana" in their face. It's completely different.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Crispy, I'm posting using IE 9.0.8112 (with Vista, no less) now and it works fine. I think you might just have to update.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
IE 9 is incompatible with XP save for performing some brian surgery which I don't feel like doing.

I could just go with Firefox but I prefer to retain my heterosexuality, thank you.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
I forgot about that shit. Looks like you're already on the XenForo site to talk about it, though.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Must be. No trademark sig.

@Dicksmoker: There's an old (Oct. '11) thread on that site claiming that rather than a WYSIWYG editor popping up when you try to edit a post, users with IE8 were getting boxes with code. They claim they sorted it out, so there isn't much info in that thread, but is that what you're experiencing?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I get the white box with standard editing tools, smiley selector, etc., at the top.

As I type, I can see the cursor moving, but the actual text is white on white.

This wasn't happening a few days ago, btw. Everything was perfect.

EG

Nullified
So, not
AR3nI.png

Have you cleaned your cache of late? For a while, I had the same error, but that was days ago, as well as an alternative: black text on a dark blue background.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I have no idea dick. I said consent has nothing to do with it so youll have to explain what bullshit you came up with there.
You said you don't consent to them seeing your posts, and that's a right you don't have.

blah, blah-blah, blah, blah.
You have privileges that are allowed by the owner of the forums. Thats all.
Exactly. And one privilege that isn't allowed is being able to post something for everyone to read and then arbitrarily deciding you don't want certain people to see your posts because you don't like them.

Fuck your ethics shit. Youre preaching to me about ethics. .. phah!
Ethics has nothing to do with it.
Its just lame excuse you use because you personally would not like it. It has shit to do with any fucking ethics.
Is that the best you've got?

And what fucking large discussion? Are you telling me that we are all having nice and peachy group fucking discussions here?
Yeah, that's kinda the whole point of a forum.

Okay apparently you're dense so I need to spell this out for you. A forum is a place where lots of people can participate in group discussions. It's meant to be public, at least for the members of the forum, more often for the whole internet. As soon as you post on a forum, you give up your right for your post to be private, in any fashion. It's posted for all to see and you have to deal with that. To suddenly want your posts to be invisible to certain members without their knowledge or consent violates the principles that a forum operates under. It cannot be allowed.

So you ignore someone, but you don't like the fact that they can still see your posts and respond to them without you seeing because you've ignored them. So you want to forcefully extend your choice to them as well so they can't see your posts. In other words, you want to be able to ignore someone without suffering any of the consequences. There are consequences to everything. It's why I don't ignore people.

Sorry but the whole point of ignoring someone is that you ignore them, including anything that they say directly to you. Deal with it or stop ignoring them.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
This isi what both the Edit and standard post entry screens look like to me:

f53j9t.jpg

You can kind of see that whatever I type just doesn't show up. I think I'm getting used to it, though. I can feel mother senses being heightened.

For example, I can acutely sense Dicksmoker's butthurt now.

LOL funny typo there, I'll leave it stand, although it's supposed to say "my other".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom