Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Frayed Knights Review

kofeur

Liturgist
jazzotron said:
kofeur said:
These 2 games are good, need to find out if there is a working emulator for saturn...
Satourne

It plays SF3 which is the only reason I have it. There are English fan translations of the last 2 scenarios, but I can't recall where I got mine from.

Thanks, will check it out. Were the SF3 translations complete? Last time I checked they were stil trying to finish them.

Indeed, there never has been a successfully marriage of the computer and console plots to date. Torment is sadly no exception.

This guy started writing this "article" with this idea in his head, it's utterly pathetic...

SerratedBiz

Arcane
If only someone could get them to... elaborate on stuff like "lacks substance".

I'm sure their reasons are perfectly valid.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
MMXI said:
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ad_d/torment/reviews/tormentrdrev1.html

:retarded:
"The side quests themselves prove to be the greatest source of dissatisfaction, in that not only are most required for one reason or another, but they are tedious and time-consuming as well. One can expect to spend roughly 80% of his or her game time in such activities. The majority of them are conducted by the semi-intelligent dialogue system, in which the player has a number of phrases he or she can choose to say, based on the character's intelligence. This conversing between characters seems to be the game designer's idea of plot; a course of action that is always to be frown upon, as that excuse only "works" with strategy games. This area needs some big improvement."

What a retard.

Repressed Homosexual
From what I remember, reviews from RPGamer always seem to go against the grain, with each reviewer giving a dubious score due to his or her own delicate sensibilities.

MMXI

Arcane
Guys, check out their forum. It's even worse than their reviews!

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I AM MR EDGY AROUND HERE BUT THAT REVIEW SEEMED POOR

AND THE PLANESCAPE ONE MADE PCTARDS HERE LOOK LIKE BRIAN SURGEONS

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Vault Dweller said:
MMXI said:

"The side quests themselves prove to be the greatest source of dissatisfaction, in that not only are most required for one reason or another, but they are tedious and time-consuming as well. One can expect to spend roughly 80% of his or her game time in such activities. The majority of them are conducted by the semi-intelligent dialogue system, in which the player has a number of phrases he or she can choose to say, based on the character's intelligence. This conversing between characters seems to be the game designer's idea of plot; a course of action that is always to be frown upon, as that excuse only "works" with strategy games. This area needs some big improvement."

What a retard.
"Created by the same people behind Baldur's Gate, "

:what:

That article is not real. The author is trolling. He has to. Nobody can be that retarded.

Morkar Left

MMXI said:

The codex could create an embassy like at the rpgwatch. We only need the right ambassador for this job.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
J_C said:
Vault Dweller said:
MMXI said:

What a retard.

That article is not real. The author is trolling. He has to. Nobody can be that retarded.

No, sadly he is not. He also gave another game a 1.0 rating.

That said Rpgamer is a VERY MIXED bag and has actually a few very good contributors.. Here is a torment review from another staff member. (Which is pretty accurate)

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ad_d/torme ... drev2.html

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
kofeur said:
IronicNeurotic said:
That said Rpgamer is a VERY MIXED bag and has actually a few very good contributors.. Here is a torment review from another staff member. (Which is pretty accurate)

It's a good review, but I find it disturbing that he says that FFX has a good story...

You can take that one under "opinion". Its not like the best codexers too have different opinions.

kofeur

Liturgist
Do you really think so?
It's the only FF I ever played and found it to be a very bland experience... from the gameplay to the story.
Nothing memorable at all apart from the stupid mini-games that were necessary to complete to get the ultimate weapons

Dorf

Novice
IronicNeurotic said:
J_C said:
Vault Dweller said:
MMXI said:

What a retard.

No, sadly he is not. He also gave another game a 1.0 rating.

"Planescape: Torment is an excellent and original RPG - and I even say this as a gamer who is not normally into PC RPGs (I hated Baldur's Gate, which was even made by the same people using the same engine) and generally prefers console RPGs. "

WHY?!? A simple Wikipedia search will reveal this to be just completely wrong. Gah! Kids these days are so insepid.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
kofeur said:
Do you really think so?
It's the only FF I ever played and found it to be a very bland experience... from the gameplay to the story.
Nothing memorable at all apart from the stupid mini-games that were necessary to complete to get the ultimate weapons

Well, to phrase this better: "It's easy to mistake it with a "deep" or well done in general story due to it having 2-3 (at least outwardly) remotly interesting things (like Sins mythology/origin). Of course in the end it comes down to mostly pretentiounes with nothing really "deep" accompining it. But, thats at least understandable to overlook.

My own opinion of FFX is the same as you. It wasn't overly offensive though so I didn't mind compared to other modern FFs (like 8 and 13)

Morkar Left

Grunker said:
Morkar said:
MMXI said:

The codex could create an embassy like at the rpgwatch. I will be the ambassador!

But I have still radiation sickness from visiting GD. On the other hand my illiterate writing attempts could fit in there...

kofeur

Liturgist
IronicNeurotic said:
Well, to phrase this better: "It's easy to mistake it with a "deep" or well done in general story due to it having 2-3 (at least outwardly) remotly interesting things (like Sins mythology/origin). Of course in the end it comes down to mostly pretentiounes with nothing really "deep" accompining it. But, thats at least understandable to overlook.

Yep, this describes it perfectly

Stinger

Arcane
Isn't FFX the one where everyone has ridiculously skimpy outfits?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom