Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Frayed Knights Review

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by VentilatorOfDoom, Nov 2, 2011.

1. kofeur Educated

kofeur
    Thanks, will check it out. Were the SF3 translations complete? Last time I checked they were stil trying to finish them.

This guy started writing this "article" with this idea in his head, it's utterly pathetic...
  2. SerratedBiz Augur

SerratedBiz
    If only someone could get them to... elaborate on stuff like "lacks substance".

I'm sure their reasons are perfectly valid.
  3. Vault Dweller Ubersturmfuhrer

Vault Dweller
    "The side quests themselves prove to be the greatest source of dissatisfaction, in that not only are most required for one reason or another, but they are tedious and time-consuming as well. One can expect to spend roughly 80% of his or her game time in such activities. The majority of them are conducted by the semi-intelligent dialogue system, in which the player has a number of phrases he or she can choose to say, based on the character's intelligence. This conversing between characters seems to be the game designer's idea of plot; a course of action that is always to be frown upon, as that excuse only "works" with strategy games. This area needs some big improvement."

What a retard.
  4. Humanity has risen! Arcane Patron Repressed Homosexual

Humanity has risen!
    From what I remember, reviews from RPGamer always seem to go against the grain, with each reviewer giving a dubious score due to his or her own delicate sensibilities.
  5. IronicNeurotic Arbiter

IronicNeurotic
    Edit: Already posted by VD
  6. mondblut Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

mondblut
    JRPG weeaboo fags cannot into combat that has an element of unpredictability.
  7. MMXI Prestigious Gentleman Prophet

MMXI
    Guys, check out their forum. It's even worse than their reviews!
  8. BLOBERT Magister Patron

BLOBERT
    BROS I AM MR EDGY AROUND HERE BUT THAT REVIEW SEEMED POOR

AND THE PLANESCAPE ONE MADE PCTARDS HERE LOOK LIKE BRIAN SURGEONS
  9. J_C Could be Matt Barton. Maybe. The Real Fanboy

J_C
    Project: Eternity
    "Created by the same people behind Baldur's Gate, "

:what:

That article is not real. The author is trolling. He has to. Nobody can be that retarded.
  10. Morkar illiterate

Morkar
    The codex could create an embassy like at the rpgwatch. We only need the right ambassador for this job.
  11. IronicNeurotic Arbiter

IronicNeurotic
    No, sadly he is not. He also gave another game a 1.0 rating.

That said Rpgamer is a VERY MIXED bag and has actually a few very good contributors.. Here is a torment review from another staff member. (Which is pretty accurate)

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ad_d/torme ... drev2.html
  12. Grunker RPG Codex Staff Patron

Grunker
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
  13. kofeur Educated

kofeur
    It's a good review, but I find it disturbing that he says that FFX has a good story...
  14. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    FFX does have a good story.
  15. IronicNeurotic Arbiter

IronicNeurotic
    You can take that one under "opinion". Its not like the best codexers too have different opinions.
  16. kofeur Educated

kofeur
    Do you really think so?
    It's the only FF I ever played and found it to be a very bland experience... from the gameplay to the story.
    Nothing memorable at all apart from the stupid mini-games that were necessary to complete to get the ultimate weapons
  17. Dorf Novice

Dorf
    "Planescape: Torment is an excellent and original RPG - and I even say this as a gamer who is not normally into PC RPGs (I hated Baldur's Gate, which was even made by the same people using the same engine) and generally prefers console RPGs. "

WHY?!? A simple Wikipedia search will reveal this to be just completely wrong. Gah! Kids these days are so insepid.
  18. IronicNeurotic Arbiter

IronicNeurotic
    Well, to phrase this better: "It's easy to mistake it with a "deep" or well done in general story due to it having 2-3 (at least outwardly) remotly interesting things (like Sins mythology/origin). Of course in the end it comes down to mostly pretentiounes with nothing really "deep" accompining it. But, thats at least understandable to overlook.

My own opinion of FFX is the same as you. It wasn't overly offensive though so I didn't mind compared to other modern FFs (like 8 and 13)
  19. Morkar illiterate

Morkar
    But I have still radiation sickness from visiting GD. On the other hand my illiterate writing attempts could fit in there...
  20. kofeur Educated

kofeur
    Yep, this describes it perfectly
  21. mondblut Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

mondblut
    You have successfully removed Jaesun from your BRO list.
  22. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    What's wrong with the story? ;)
  23. Metro Arcane

Metro
    Isn't FFX the MMO?
  24. J_C Could be Matt Barton. Maybe. The Real Fanboy

J_C
    Project: Eternity
    No, that's FF XI

And FFX does have a good story. :smug:
  25. Stinger Augur

Stinger
    Isn't FFX the one where everyone has ridiculously skimpy outfits?

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)