Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Freeman: Guerrilla Warfare - Mount and Blade meets ARMA

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Last edited by a moderator:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Uh... With this kind of tactics, the game would be more at place in Africa.

Rurales.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane
Looks like very very very very very very
very very very very very very
early alpha. Could be good or could be bad when it becomes not so early alpha.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
So are they making this AND https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2061337632/freeman-star-edge / http://www.indiedb.com/games/freeman-star-edge simultaneously? Who are the devs, anyway? I'd steer clear from this until they've proven they can deliver, no matter how promising it may seem.

Nope. FGW is what they're doing after the failed KS:

Hello Everyone,

First of all, thanks to everybody who supported, contributed and simply stayed with us during all these time. For this, we appreciate all of that and would not be here without you! However, at this time we feel that it is necessary to make this announcement that we need to stop working on FSE due to not getting funded on Kickstarter as well as the lack of development staff at this time. Without that, it will be impossible to complete a game of this scale. BUT! This does NOT mean we are done for good. We are very much moving forward, just in a different direction. Thanks to all of the feedback we received thus far, we are focused on developing a new project currently named Freeman: Guerrilla Warfare. It will be focused on combat which is the most appreciated feature in FSE. We do hope that you understand our decision and to be very honest, it was not made with a light heart. We are at this point bound to the new project and hope to see your continuous support now and in the future.
For more information about Freeman: Guerrilla Warfare, please visit our website

https://www.freeman-game.com/

Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2061337632/freeman-star-edge/posts/2015486

It's a good move IMO. FSE seemed too ambitious, so they took the most anticipated aspects of their original concept and built a similar game around them.

Modron

Arcane
I know one shoutboxer picked this up, anyone got impression to post?

Modron

Arcane
So this has been released now, was hoping for more codex impressions myself

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I was pretty excited about this when I first saw it. I haven't played it, and based on the recent reviews, I'm not sure if I will. They decided to leave out vehicles. The AI is really simple. Your bullets have a chance to fly off in a random direction, and enemy bullets have a random hit/miss chance that really has nothing to do with the equipment being used. A few people say that the devs rushed the game out of early access. That's too bad. If it actually had been Arma, but set in a M&B campaign, I definitely would have bought it.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I played it for a while earlier this year when it was still Early Access. It's decent. It's pretty much FPS Mount and Blade, with all the fun stuff and downsides that entails. You can join a facion or found your own, recruit troops and level them up, do some trading, some quests like wiping out bandit strongholds, etc. Combat itself is fun enough but the AI is kinda retarded.

But just like in Mount and Blade, there's just not that much to do other than walking across the world map and fighting battles, so it grows repetitive quickly.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
wouldn't you rather play Arma 3 with Antistasi or Vindicta mod?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom