Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Fritz, a World War I pixel art RPG - Kickstarter failed, development continues

I did! I just didn't make a comment about it because it seemed like an asinine thing to do.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Where is the proper "play as germans" WWII RPG? Including prestigious elements, such as:

-hardcore resource management: over 6 billion Jews and only so many gas chambers and crematoriums
-faction mechanics: will you join SS, Gestapo or Wehrmacht?
-old school dungeon crawling: raid Jewish banks for gold and use it to buy a new Stg44 or the latest issue of Der Stürmer
-puzzles and mysteries: solve the case of the hiding Jews
-complex character building: will you be a strong Aryan warrior or an erudite expert on eugenics?

mondblut

Arcane
Where is the proper "play as germans" WWII RPG? Including prestigious elements, such as:

-hardcore resource management: over 6 billion Jews and only so many gas chambers and crematoriums
-faction mechanics: will you join SS, Gestapo or Wehrmacht?
-old school dungeon crawling: raid Jewish banks for gold and use it to buy a new Stg44 or the latest issue of Der Stürmer
-puzzles and mysteries: solve the case of the hiding Jews
-complex character building: will you be a strong Aryan warrior or an erudite expert on eugenics?

25 years, mate. Just give us 25 years more.

NorthLurker

Educated
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Backed and guys Storm of Steel of Ernst jünger is much better book than All Quiet on the Western Front

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I'm kind of annoyed that they imply that having any kind of skill or ability (i.e. like in a game) mattered a shit in surviving a stint on the Western front in the trench phase of WWI, I suppose besides having the psychological construction not to kill yourself, or abandon your post/frag someone and get executed.
Ernst Junger in Storms of Steel describes something else. Ability to detect incoming projectiles, to determine their type, to take appropriate counter-action, to detect gas and put on gas mask in time. He described grenade fighting as similar to sword-fighting with dodges and feints and stuff like that.

Lemming42

Arcane
Pledge $50 or more
Corporal: Desktop wallpaper, your name in the credits, a digital copy of the game, an individualized, handwritten letter between Fritz and his family/friends offering unique canonical insight into the game, and a handmade Fritz doll!

I need a handmade Fritz doll. This is the closest I have ever come to donating to a Kickstarter.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
$15,073
pledged of $15,000 goal

Funding Canceled Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator about 3 hours ago.

Thank You, Everyone

Hey everybody,

This has been a crazy road. In the last day we have had a single backer drop their pledge by $2000, and then another backer raise their pledge by $3000... and then let us know that they didn't mean to pledge that much, but they couldn't reduce their pledge because of the way kickstarter works. Without the $3000 they gave, we wouldn't have reached funding, and we don't want to ruin anyone's finances, especially people who were only trying to support us, so we are canceling funding.

Don't worry. We will keep working on the game.

You have all been amazing, and your enthusiasm has made the three of us more determined than ever to make Fritz. We are honestly touched by the amount of positive support you've sent our way.

Finishing the game might take a little longer without funding, but if you want to keep up with our progress, or keep sending us your suggestions, you can send a message to trucefulentertainment@gmail.com and we'll send updates, or you can follow us athttp://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=40555.0

Thank you all,

Mel, Dan, and Jordan

Shame..

Starwars

Arcane
Too bad, but their kickstarter campaign was pretty bad also. Felt like there was no real momentum to it.

Still, sucks. At least they'll keep working on it.

Lemming42

Arcane
Assuming I read that right, and assuming my shaky understanding of how Kickstarter works is correct, they just effectively gave up $15,073 to avoid making some guy lose 3k?

That's shockingly nice.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
They wouldn't have been able to keep it and will have failed in their campaign while looking like douches. That's not nice, that's circumspect.

Felix

Arcane
Fuck 'All quiet on the western front'

storm_of_steel.jpeg

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Assuming I read that right, and assuming my shaky understanding of how Kickstarter works is correct, they just effectively gave up $15,073 to avoid making some guy lose 3k?

That's shockingly nice.

I think the guy couldn't retract his 3K from Kickstarter as a formal bid, but wasn't able/didn't want to pay so they would've effectively ended with $12,073 instead of $15,073, even though on paper it said they had $15,073. So I figure they'd rather cancel than work with 12K.

Shame, it looks innovative enough in the settings area to warrant a play-through for sure.

Same reason I enjoyed Papers, Please really, because the game itself was terribly boring.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
$15,073
pledged of $15,000 goal

Funding Canceled Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator about 3 hours ago.

Thank You, Everyone

Hey everybody,

This has been a crazy road. In the last day we have had a single backer drop their pledge by $2000, and then another backer raise their pledge by $3000... and then let us know that they didn't mean to pledge that much, but they couldn't reduce their pledge because of the way kickstarter works. Without the $3000 they gave, we wouldn't have reached funding, and we don't want to ruin anyone's finances, especially people who were only trying to support us, so we are canceling funding.

Don't worry. We will keep working on the game.

You have all been amazing, and your enthusiasm has made the three of us more determined than ever to make Fritz. We are honestly touched by the amount of positive support you've sent our way.

Finishing the game might take a little longer without funding, but if you want to keep up with our progress, or keep sending us your suggestions, you can send a message to trucefulentertainment@gmail.com and we'll send updates, or you can follow us athttp://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=40555.0

Thank you all,

Mel, Dan, and Jordan

Shame..

I've read it too, and I can't believe that people really manages to fuck up donating, they go berserk on the "0" button and donate 3000 $ instead of 30 or 300 $. fucking untermenschen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom