Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Other Suns—VR space roguelike

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I stumbled on this and haven’t spotted anything here on the codex about it (but I keep getting error 404 on the search page so maybe I just missed it when I was thread hunting).

It’s a space roguelike for the Oculus Rift that looks kind of neat. I don’t normally go for anything with multiplayer, but has anyone here tried it? Or are VR headsets too expensive for you gentiles?

Here’s a review—they call it the ultimate space pirate simulator.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/uploadvr.com/from-other-suns-review/amp/

Combination of ship to ship fighting and shooter style boarding actions. I think it looks neat. Let me know if any of you butt pirates have the hardware and want to co-op at some point.

Potato Canon

Novice
It's one of the better Oculus funded exclusives. It's basically a take on FTL in first person, with some fps laser pistol combat when you teleport over to enemy ships or they teleport onto yours which is quite decent. It can be played solo or co-op up to three players. It's very polished and easy to lose a few hours to.

I guess it would be properly described as a rogue-lite like FTL, not a roguelike.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom