Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Management / Sim FUCKING MADAGASCAR!

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Plague Inc.: Evolved coming to STEAM in 20 feb.
So evolution of flash "Pandemic 2" and its upgraded mobile version - Plague. Inc app. Not even thrice accused Madagascar will be spared.
Overall they promise extended skill trees for symthoms, transmission and abilities. MUCH bigger and MUCH more detailed map, from region to cities scale.
A lot more country defences and stats, like research funding, livestock, bug and bird management and other decisions.
And of course extended news system.
Official ads:
  • Infectious Multiplayer - cooperative and competitive gameplay modes let you team up to fight the cure with friends, or compete in a race to kill the world.
  • Contagious Content Creator - hit the lab and develop your own custom scenarios - creating new plague types and worlds. Bring your deadliest ideas to life and share them with Steam Workshop.
  • Blinding Graphics - Including full 3D disease models taking you closer to your plague than ever before, city-cams showing humanity's struggle at street level, and the body scanner highlighting the full effect of your mutations, organ by organ.
  • Deadly Data - Predict government responses with priority indicators, geek out with loads of new stats and graphs, and analyse your best strategies with end-of-game replays.
  • And much more!
97-h650.jpeg

O3HVtI2.jpg

yWS8lXa.jpg

i11PBXV.jpg

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Looks......interesting. I have the Pandemic board game, which I guess is the reverse(fighting a pandemic). For some reason it looks like an old Paradox title. "Exterminating Pigeons", lol.

spectre

Arcane
Yeah, Pandemic is pretty much reverse.
I remember the original devolved into a <let's watch numbers go down game!> very quickly, requiring little to no human input.
Hope they fix this apart from fucking Madagascar.

Can't really say for sure, but looking at the screenies it seems they went the "totally unnecessary 3d earth map to fap to" route.
Unless they seriously expanded the mechanics (or allow you to zoom all the way down to my home town to watch the poor bastards die by my disease),
that's totally uncalled for, the simple 2D map had all you needed.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Looks neat, they released a teaser video

Plus it seems they are enchancing sympthom combos, in addition to existing, like
Anaemia+Insomnia=Walking dead(-cure research)
Haemophilia+Skin Lesions=Profuse bleeding(+lethality)
Coughing+Vomiting=Projectile vomit(+infectivity)
etc

Last edited:

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
Eh Greenland is to Plague what Madagascar is to Pandemic.

:incline: though. The only mobile game that is actually fun and interesting.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
So this is out. Anybody tested the waters? There's a pirate version floating around, but hear most everything is locked on it so why bother.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
So this is out. Anybody tested the waters? There's a pirate version floating around, but hear most everything is locked on it so why bother.
Played the pirate version. Only thing that seemed to be locked were the last 2 virus types (one of which was basically zombies). Game is fun enough for a quick time killer, wouldn't pay much for it though, just grab it on a sale if you're into that sort of thing. I enjoyed Singularity a lot more tbh, and thats free.

Though it is fun to purposefully fuck over one particular group of people, and the game makes it easy to do so by letting you start anywhere and pick all sorts of environmental conditions. You can fuck over all the niggers first, or wipe out all the rich bastards, or clear out europe while everything overseas is fine. Or my personal favourite: exterminate brazil.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
The game still sffers from major flaw - winning strategy is extremely easly and guarantees you victory 80% of times- go without symthoms with air+water spreading. That will allow you to infect all countries. And when entire population of the planet is infected you spend all remaning DNA on total organ failure and coma. That effectively kills human race within several months. With bacteria it is even better as you get refund for symthom devolution, while with virus it's race against time - you get a lot of mutations and have to pay for devolution, rather than get DNA refund

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Yeah the plague types aren't balanced at all. Virus is pretty shit (I won by getting all the animal carriers so I spread everywhere quickly and mutated so many symptoms I killed everyone before the cure was found) while parasites are completely overpowered (They're basically undetectable until you want to be discovered. You can even get some lethality on them and still have 0 severity.)

Luka-boy

Arcane
:necro:

There is a bunch of new content since the last post in this thread including new official plagues and scenarios. Even one to turn humanity into Neanderthals :lol:

Also recently released is the scenario and plague editor. In just a few weeks players have created hundreds of plagues that range from complete shit, to cool as hell to absolutely stupid hilarious.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/browse/?appid=246620

Luka-boy

Arcane
Yep, Planet of the Apes plague is on PC. The PC version already has all the stuff from the mobile version and then some. And it seems the difference will only grow bigger as more game modes are added that the mobile version will never be able to implement.

And yes, I was pleasantly surprised by the PotA plague too. I was expecting a simple plague to cash in on the movie deal but it was actually a very well made scenario where you have to balance weakening the humans and making the monkeys more clever and also added some neat new overworld mechanics with the colonies and the bombings.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I wondered what plague, and it's black death.

Use correct names Haba.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
The game has engaging mechanics, but the best thing about it is background music. No virus movie could ever create such creepy evolving-henocidal-virus atmosphere for me. I love how you periodically hear hospital sounds, whisper, coughing, etc.

Luka-boy

Arcane
1.0 version released!

Multiplayer modes have been finally added. I haven't tried them, but the single player modes (especially with the tons of player-made content) alone were pretty good bang for your buck already.

Crash

Literate
The game still sffers from major flaw - winning strategy is extremely easly and guarantees you victory 80% of times- go without symthoms with air+water spreading. That will allow you to infect all countries. And when entire population of the planet is infected you spend all remaning DNA on total organ failure and coma. That effectively kills human race within several months. With bacteria it is even better as you get refund for symthom devolution, while with virus it's race against time - you get a lot of mutations and have to pay for devolution, rather than get DNA refund
Will not work with nano virus, bio weapon and likely some scenarios too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom