Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fucking Minecraft

Farage

Arcane
Patron
You liked Minecraft back then because nobody played it, and now that everyone does, you don't.
So you're basically telling us that you're a hipster?

No hating, i like Minecraft as any other game. Don't change whats not broken.

It's ok, sometimes I don't read posts before I make a response, too.

Though this is not a very good first impression.
Sweet damn, thats one hell of an argument, i bow to your obvious superiority, Prophet.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
You liked Minecraft back then because nobody played it, and now that everyone does, you don't.

Sweet damn, thats one hell of an argument, i bow to your obvious superiority, Prophet.
:butthurt:

Farage

Arcane
Patron

:butthurt:
Oh i wish i could get butthurt this easily
>Minecraft used to be cool, but its not anymore cause people
>You a hipster
>You didn't read topic
>How is this related
>You butthurt
I am very sorry, but dialetic conversations only makes my jimmies even more unrustled.

Last edited:

Farage

Arcane
Patron
4chan thataway -->
Oh, dialetic again, sweet.
Waiting for the "You're probably fat and a fanboy" or something about my mom argument to show-up.
Really sums up the quality of 2k posts people replies
Is this a Call of Duty forum and i've mistaken myself into thinking you were all smart?

Farage

Arcane
Patron
4chan thataway -->
Waiting for the "You're probably fat and a fanboy" or something about my mom argument to show-up.
Is this a Call of Duty forum and i've mistaken myself into thinking you were all smart?

:1/5:
De que jogo Ă© esse Avatar?

One's opinion value is directly proporcional to the amount of time he has spent here.
Flawless logic there bud

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
4chan thataway -->

Sorry i dont understand huehue. jk its from Shadowrun, the genesis version.

And mate, OP has arguments and they're not just "i dont like this game because people like it now". OP's argument is, "i liked this game because i saw potential in it and expected new updates as the years passed - well we got fucking nothing and i dont understand the hype." Which is true, Minecraft didnt get any significant gameplay updates ever.

I used to like Minecraft until i found Terraria. I still miss Minecraft from time to time (my house was awesome) but if i came back, i know there's nothing to do but take care of my carrots and potatoes.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
4chan thataway -->

Sorry i dont understand huehue. jk its from Shadowrun, the genesis version.

And mate, OP has arguments and they're not just "i dont like this game because people like it now". OP's argument is, "i liked this game because i saw potential in it and expected new updates as the years passed - well we got fucking nothing and i dont understand the hype." Which is true, Minecraft didnt get any significant gameplay updates ever.

I used to like Minecraft until i found Terraria. I still miss Minecraft from time to time (my house was awesome) but if i came back, i know there's nothing to do but take care of my carrots and potatoes.
So you do understand huehue.
I know what OP stated, besides what people is thinking.
But my opinion stays the same, i don't think anyone should expect that a lazy-ass game like Minecraft, that has motherfucking horrendous textures, lazy programming (just walk two seconds on a horse, you'll get it) and overall bad design should be expected to reach high expectations.
If i would define Minecraft's success into one word it would be luck.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
The amout of attention OP gives to the high success rate Minecraft has reached implies that hes hating it only for beeing famous.
Noone complains that Super Metroid didn't get any cool updates, yet people replays it everyday.
And yet OP says that Minecraft was cool back then, but it isn't anymore cause it didn't get any decent updates.
You know what i mean?

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Its like yelling at your goldfish really loud for not doing any cool tricks.
Man fuck that goldfish, do a backflip!
We don't expect shit to become gold just because it's been 2 years or whatever.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
If you dislike a game that became a genre on its own, it's not that the game is shit, it's that you dislike the genre.

I don't call Golf games shit because I don't see the point. I simply ignore them.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014

What's more annoying: hipsters, or people who go around calling everyone hipsters?

Farage

Arcane
Patron

What's more annoying: hipsters, or people who go around calling everyone hipsters?
Good question. Here, let's think together, shall we?
Lets say you're a game developer. And you just made a game, because... why fuck me i don't know, you just made it.
That game is called Minecraft, it so happens to be a mash-up of other games you created before that. You release it, let people pay to be able to play it and you move on.
Two years later, it is a motherfucking sensation! Theres opinions everywhere about the game, people bitching about it, people saying its wonderful and people who doesn't really feel like playing it.
Some people just say whats wrong with it, like, why the heck golden items sucks? That makes no sense. Or why does riding a horse feels like im piloting a ship? Or why is there no game objectives?
And then theres hipsters, who love to bitch about the fact that the game USE to be good, but now it is not anymore, just because its over populated with fanboys.
They wan't to be diferent from the mass, so naturally they reject everything thats popular. So what exactly is the argument? Its something like: why did the game didn't change so it fits my expectations over the course of two years?!
So who's worse? The guy that points out what a fucking dumbass OP is. Or OP itself, who's bitching about this game not beeing his favorite thing after he left it resting in his shelf?
I'll take a wild guess and say that maybe, just maybe, getting your head out of your ass once in a while might make you see the world better.
Or maybe im beeing too rough. I don't know.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
The amout of attention OP gives to the high success rate Minecraft has reached implies that hes hating it only for beeing famous.
Noone complains that Super Metroid didn't get any cool updates, yet people replays it everyday.
And yet OP says that Minecraft was cool back then, but it isn't anymore cause it didn't get any decent updates.
You know what i mean?
Was Super Metroid released in a paid public beta with regular updates and a promise that the final version will be even better?

Because at this point you're just coming off as a butthurt moron who doesn't like Porky's opinion and is desperately trying to invalidate it by strawmanning him.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
You know what i mean?
Was Super Metroid released in a paid public beta with regular updates and a promise that the final version will be even better?

Because at this point you're just coming off as a butthurt moron who doesn't like Porky's opinion and is desperately trying to invalidate it by strawmanning him.
Yeah thats the only point i've made so far, you win. Talk about reading stuff, huh?
Aggregated dumb shit
'sup Wyrmlord
Does everyone here have a signed contract who only allows them to use dialect speech? Arguments, google it up.
As a fellow newfag I'd like to warn you, Farage, never marry an opinion unless you're willing to be raped for it.
Oh i am terrified. The internet is a scary place.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
You know what i mean?

Yeah thats the only point i've made so far, you win. Talk about reading stuff, huh?
Oh, I'm sorry, let me correct myself.

Because at this point you're just coming off as a butthurt moron who doesn't like Porky not being as edgy and cynical as you are and is desperately trying to invalidate his argument by strawmanning him.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
You know what i mean?

Because at this point you're just coming off as a butthurt moron who doesn't like Porky not being as edgy and cynical as you are and is desperately trying to invalidate his argument by strawmanning him.
Stating arguments that are longer than 2 sentences is beeing desperate?
Think about it for a second, Jick, i am the one whos trying to have a basis in my arguments, giving examples and careful explanations.
Im not the one posting offensive pictures and straight calling someone a butthurt moron.
That is being desperate, and thats what human beings do when they have no arguments.
But im sure im not the one responsible for explaining you this, if everytime someone disagrees with your opinion you just bash them with random cussings you're going to have a tough time in life.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
4chan thataway -->

OH! It finally showed up.

toroid

Arcane
Minecraft was apparently planned to actually have some gameplay and features. Remember when they released a 'creative mode' version of the game as a free demo? There's a clue. Turns out that there lots of autistic assburger faggots out there who see a featureless creative mode as the only reason to buy the game. So, they shift development focus onto fleshing out creative mode (because that's where the money is) and any hope for the game ever actually becoming a game is abandoned. The end.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom