Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fundraising $5000 for a Codex shrine in Wasteland 2

hiver

Nobody is going to the party. Dont be dense. If we reach that it will be traded in for other things.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I donated, yet I was not included in the latest donator update, nor received patron :(

Patron stuff may take a while, and as for not being included on the list, PM DU indicating your donation email, donation date and donation amount.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, but when I posted their was 3 left. What if whose 3 got taken and we did not get some sort of exception? Would be pretty fucked up with thousands donated and no codex shrine...

We are getting an exception in any case. It's a deal we have with Fargo, and I don't think he won't stay true to his word.

How would it be much cooler if for the extra 5k we got one of us to go to some party? A rather expensive party of which most of us get nothing out of. There is a big difference between raising 5k and 10k. Most of us had donated what we can just to get to the 5k, getting another 5k is not quite so easy not to mention that the 10k rewards were almost sold out too.

Forget about the party, we aren't aiming for that. The more we collect, the more expansive our in-game presence will be and the higher our chances to get a digital copy to everyone who donated (everyone who needs one, of course). That also means we don't necessarily have to break $10k; $8-9k would be really good too, since that'd mean we could negotiate a stronger in-game presence for the Codex.

Basically, the more we collect, the better our negotiating terms will be.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
help, help, i'm being abused.

But no seriously. We're getting...a little bit too....uh..overzealous about this. We've achieved our goal, Bee. Eh...not ours. You guys' goal! I'm really happy for that.
I really am. Do.

Crooked Bee

Patron
There will be no "HURR DURR KKKODEX SHRINES", though. I believe the devs have enough skill and competence to tie all references/statues/shrines into the game so that those not "in" won't even notice. It's going to be an easter egg/subtle reference, basically. For those in the know.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Then if this is going to be subtle, why all the fuss about this? You are basically behaving, since the beginning like a screaming teenager, pestering everybody about how they must donate for the cause! And that thread with the ridiculous suggestions it's just facepalm inducing.

Just get the $5,000 tier. With the Troll statue like the one that Peter made, simple and nice. But no! DURR HURR!! MOAR MONIES!!!

Don't get me wrong. I think is nice to have something like this in the game. But it has become --I think-- in the biggest circle jerk on the Codex.

Also... pestering negotiating with Brian Fargo? I thought that most Codexers giving money for the... uhm.. whatever thingie is going to be in the final game, already pledged to the Kickstarter Ponzi scheme fund.

Just my opinion.

RK47

Patron
*Kicks Kosmonaut on the kidneys really hard*

Crooked Bee

Patron
Too bad we don't have a : psyduck: emoticon. That would nicely sum up my opinion about your opinion.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Too bad we don't have a : psyduck: emoticon.
Here's a big one with two Psyducks:
ka2iW.jpg

That would nicely sum up my opinion about your opinion.

Really? Why?

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Why is Bee pushing this so hard? Does she feel unfulfilled in her daily life and compensates by throwing herself into charitable activities?
Given that you've donated more than her, maybe you're feeling unfulfilled in your daily life and are compensating by throwing yourself into charitable activities.:troll:

So any chance for more digital copies? I've already bought games this month (to be precise - day before Wasteland 2 kickstarter started ... ) and I'm afraid 15$ is my upper limit. As much as I like idea of some codex easter egg I'll put my money where I can actually get the game.

RK47

Patron
Why is Bee pushing this so hard? Does she feel unfulfilled in her daily life and compensates by throwing herself into charitable activities?

*uses biotic throw to throw Ed123 really hard against the wall*

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
Kosmonaut is a motherfucker but i actually agree with him on this one. Calm the fuck down, get the statue or whatever and that's it. Someone donated to the codex w2 fund and didn't get shit in return? Tough fuckin' luck, should have pledged to kickstarter. I sincerely hope you (Codex staff) won't go to Fargo begging negotiating for more digital copies. Have some dignity ffs.

RK47

Patron
*Warps tarkin, chains a biotic explosion on him really hard, catching Kosmonaut in the explosion*

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Yeah...this has gone from a cool idea to raise money for W2 and get something small in the game to represent our community of degenerates to going full Bioware Social and getting pretty faggy. Donate what is there, figure out the prizes later, and have any further donations go to server upgrades.

Don't be part of the decline and stop whining like a bunch of candyass pantywaist bitches.

Crooked Bee

Patron
A bunch of whiners.

Really? Why?

Ugh, okay. What follows is just my opinion, of course.

1. "Then if this is going to be subtle, why all the fuss about this?"

This makes no sense. There can be no fuss about anything subtle? There can be no fuss about easter eggs? What exactly are you trying to say there?

I can, however, explain why I think there should be fuss about it. Because it's cool. Like, übercool. Feel free to disagree, but what do I care? To me, developers' rooms are one of the best things in older cRPGs, and this is basically the same.

Also, you mean we should only be excited about if it's not subtle? But then, as curry pointed out, that would ruin the game. What I want is a separate Codex location (= shrine), not just a troll statue -- Fargo was generous enough to say we would get the shrine even below $10k, so the more money we collect, the likelier the chance he won't back down. I'm okay with just a statue *if* a shrine doesn't work out, but as I said, the more expansive our in-game presence, the better -- at least in my opinion. It's business: the more money, the higher the influence.

To me, this is the one and only time I can recall that the fuss is actually justified!!

2. "like a screaming teenager, pestering everybody about how they must donate for the cause"

Because they must, in my view. :P You see it as pestering, fair enough; I am, however, VERY enthusiastic about this whole thing and I want others to see my enthusiasm. I donated $265 directly to Kickstarter and $135 to the Codex, and I want everyone to donate whatever small change they have. The others may freely ignore me if they disagree, but it's my right to pester whoever I want. This is the Codex FFS, we've been doing nothing but pestering others for 10 years already. If it bothers you that much, just add me to your ignore list; that's what it's for.

And I've always been behaving like a teenager. Sorry you never noticed before. I *do* firmly believe, however, that everyone who can *should* donate at least something to the cause.

3. "And that thread with the ridiculous suggestions it's just facepalm inducing."

Except there are some good suggestions in there. I'm glad there is enthusiasm for things and ideas to be added to the game. I like the bunker idea and a few others too.

4. "But it has become --I think-- in the biggest circle jerk on the Codex. "

Which is a good thing. Again, I'm glad there is *this* kind of fuss on the Codex, and not just in the ME3 thread. Finally something actually worthy of a circlejerk. If you want to whine, whine about everyone playing Mass Effect.

5. "Also... pestering negotiating with Brian Fargo? I thought that most Codexers giving money for the... uhm.. whatever thingie is going to be in the final game, already pledged to the Kickstarter Ponzi scheme fund."

Some did, some didn't. We're trying to make it so that everyone who didn't donate to Kickstarter directly would receive his copy through the Codex. That means the end number isn't set, but we'll sort it out when time comes and tell Fargo the exact number.

So any chance for more digital copies? I've already bought games this month (to be precise - day before Wasteland 2 kickstarter started ... ) and I'm afraid 15$ is my upper limit. As much as I like idea of some codex easter egg I'll put my money where I can actually get the game.

We're negotiating that and will keep you updated. Expect the answer soon.

tarkin I fail to see why a fairly ordinary business deal would strip us of dignity all of a sudden.

Calm the fuck down.

I won't. I'm very excited, and so should you be. So should everyone be! It's Wasteland motherfucking TWO! If you aren't excited, the problem is you.

RK47

Patron
Bee is one of those...Old School fanatics....it's kinda scary to see how old school fans can get this excited over this. But hey, this sort of stuff don't happen too often, so yeah. I think it's pretty justified. I'm just hoping we're not being too much a bother to Mr. Fargo over this.

hiver

Fucking faggots and turd lickers, the decline of codex. Even when something great is happening it bothers them.
Fuck off you pathetic morons and your pathetic shitty emotional blackmailing attempts.

Human turds. Retards. Your fucking worse then bioware and bethesda fanboys together.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom