Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game of Thrones Season 2

Discussion in 'Codex Public Library' started by Dicksmoker, Apr 2, 2012.

1. revealer Scholar

revealer
    Click here and disable ads!
    Yoren is a badass.
    ^ Top  
  2. meanwhileInPoland Magister

meanwhileInPoland
    yep, thats the last chapter of the first book bro.
    ^ Top  
  3. Kosmonaut Lost in Space

Kosmonaut
    Your name is sucky? Your name is sucky? What a turdlicker shiteater moron!
    ^ Top  
  4. Zed RPG Codex Staff

Zed
    It's a pleasure seeing Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) scheme and plot. Such a great actor and such a great character.

I only read the first book and the first couple of chapters in the second book so it's all new for me now.
    ^ Top  
  5. Sergiu64 Liturgist

Sergiu64
    Haven't read the books, but from the show I'm really starting to dislike Catelyn Stark. She's so damn emo and proud that it makes her a horrible diplomat. Not only did she start this whole war by kidnapping Tyrion after explicitly being told not to by Ed, but now her idea of making a case for an alliance with Renly is to march in and start trading barbs with everyone in his camp.
    ^ Top  
  6. IDtenT Contact me for a good time Patron

IDtenT
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Exciting episode this last one. Serious :incline:.
    ^ Top  
  7. TwinkieGorilla does a good job. Patron

TwinkieGorilla
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    [​IMG]

I just got done re-watching it.

I definitely appreciated it more the second time. I think knowing that the pacing slowed down and not worrying about wondering which scene with which characters and "how faithful is it going to be?" helped a great deal. Man...those Theon scenes were fucking great!
    ^ Top  
  8. Dicksmoker Augur

Dicksmoker
    No. Robb's proclaimed himself King in the North, putting him on equal standing with Renly. She can't let a comment like "Lord of Winterfell" go unanswered or risk Robb not being taken seriously.
    ^ Top  
  9. Comrade Goby Learned

Comrade Goby
    Project: Eternity
    The actress is 6'3" and Catleyn Stark is 5'5" and Brienne was walking uphill.

And fuck you prudes but Melisandre and Margery tits are vital.

Especially Melisandre
    ^ Top  
  10. TwinkieGorilla does a good job. Patron

TwinkieGorilla
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    :lol:

I'll agree to that.
    ^ Top  
  11. Wulfstand Arbiter

Wulfstand
    Has anyone noticed the lack of Dhaenerys this episode? Me neither, she can fuck-off for 2/3rds of the show, for all I care; However, I am eager to see more of ser Jorah, and to meet SPOILER ser Barristan disguised, and his companion SPOILER
    ^ Top  
  12. abnaxus Arcane

abnaxus
    Normally I'd agree, but in Margaery's case... I'll happily overlook. :smug:
    ^ Top  
  13. Cocked Trigger Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Trigger Warning Shitposter

Cocked Trigger
    Episode 3 was pretty good. And I have to disagree with you guys about the nudity, I quite welcome it since they're all so hot (especially the dragon chick).

Also:
    This. That was awesome.
    ^ Top  
  14. revealer Scholar

revealer
    No love for Yoren (and best fight scene so far)? Fuck you guys!
    ^ Top  
  15. catfood AGAIN

catfood
    Yoren was one of the few characters I was sorry to see go the way of the dodo whilst reading the books. Him and
    Show Spoiler
    The Red Viper
    ^ Top  
  16. Wild Slop Liturgist

Wild Slop
  17. janjetina Arcane

janjetina
    Torment: Tides of Numenera
    He was just "baptised". He was drowned as a child.
    ^ Top  
  18. TwinkieGorilla does a good job. Patron

TwinkieGorilla
    It's not the nudity (duh!) it's how contrived some of the situations seem in order to deliver nudity as if HBO is worried they'll lose their audience without it. I don't know about you guys but when a woman hitting on you seems desperate it's a turn off. Same goes for HBO. But like I said, after a second viewing I appreciated the episode much more and was not bothered by it.

S'what I thought. Good. Great goddamn scene.
    ^ Top  
  19. Damned Registrations Prestigious Gentleman Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

Damned Registrations
    I hated Catelyn and Sansa all through the books. Fucking horrible stupid cunts. Even Cersei was more likeable.

Actually I hated pretty much all the women in ASoIaF except Brienne and Arya. And Arya isn't even a woman.
    ^ Top  
  20. Cowboy Moment Arcane

Cowboy Moment
    Honestly, a lot of the shittiness of Season 2 can be laid at the feet of GRRM, since, let's face it, a good amount of Clash of Kings is kind of boring and slow. At least the show spares us the painful drudgery of Catelyn's POV, as well as condensing Dany's pointless meandering in the desert. Ros aside, I think they're doing a decent job on expanding the parts of the narrative that are actually somewhat interesting. Really, the worst part of all this is going to be AFFC, since a lot of that is not only boring, but also irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Although, maybe they'll find a way to make
    Show Spoiler
    Brienne wandering around the Kingdoms and Cersei's downfall
    interesting, who knows.
    ^ Top  
  21. Dicksmoker Augur

Dicksmoker
    They're not going to split the seasons like GRRM split the books (i.e. by geography). Everything will stay chronological.
    ^ Top  
  22. TwinkieGorilla does a good job. Patron

TwinkieGorilla
    The creators/writers have already stated that they're not looking to make the show "book by book" so you don't have to worry about a long shitty season of AFFC.

EDIT: FUCK YOU NINJA FUCKER!
    ^ Top  
  23. Cowboy Moment Arcane

Cowboy Moment
    I know that, bros. Still, they'll either need to compress/cut huge parts of AFFC in order to make it even remotely exciting. Same with a good part of ADWD, and then they risk catching up to the book series, seeing as they'll be covering the equivalent of 5 years worth of GRRM's writing in, like 1 season?
    ^ Top  
  24. TwinkieGorilla does a good job. Patron

TwinkieGorilla
    I'm sure tons of that boring piece of shit will be cut.
    ^ Top  
  25. Dicksmoker Augur

Dicksmoker
    Well AFfC/ADwD combined will take up at least two seasons, maybe three, who knows. And A Storm of Swords is being split as well, with maybe the second season incorporating some material from Feast/Dance as well (?). It's a clusterfuck to be honest but it will be several seasons yet before they "catch up" to GRRM.
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above links helps us pay the hosting bills)