Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
There's a difference between posting about shit u like vs defensively quoting and correcting everyone who mentions its name anywhere in the forums. Games like PoE etc have fanboys but nowhere on this level.

People talk shit about games on the codex all the time but cultists treat any negative mention of aod like you offended their deity.

Excidium II
PoE shills are much more evil and sinister. Planting obvious shills like Randal and replacing link of an honest review from steam curator page to apologist shilling crap.

EDIT: Just as proof see how long before management takes action against any dissent against Obsidian and PoE.

Comparing them, AoD and UD so called "shills" are just sincere enthusiastic fanboys.

Last edited:

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
#Deadfire campaign is still going, get in there and make a difference! More #Voyage is good for everyone!

It's not fair to compare PoE to UR and AoD because of the latter two's teeny-tiny teams, so I won't do that. But it's an amazing game and getting more content in to the sequel should be a priority for all cRPG lovers here. Here's the direct link to Fig, so you can get straight to it LOL! https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire#about

Thanks,
Rivmusique.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
There's a difference between posting about shit u like vs defensively quoting and correcting everyone who mentions its name anywhere in the forums. Games like PoE etc have fanboys but nowhere on this level.
People talk shit about games on the codex all the time but cultists treat any negative mention of aod like you offended their deity.
It's the opposite, people like toro or FeelTheRads have the urge to shitpost and lie about Age of Decadence because... I don't know why they do it actually (well, judging by this thread and the one in Undertards forum and his compulsive lying I would say toro is mentally unstable, FeelTheRads just hates AoD design and couldn't play it for more than 5 minutes). Examples can be seen in this thread for example and here are some more:

toro: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...of-incline-voting.113085/page-11#post-4922118 (look at the quoted part, talking out of his ass AGAIN)
Or FeelTheRads:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...e-game-of-the-year.106067/page-4#post-4311525 (saying that "the game teleports you from place to place and tells you about events and people you never knew about like you are supposed to know about them?")
Funny thing is, both toro and FeelTheRads don't know Age of Decadence (the former has played only a bit, hasn't even finished it, the latter none at all) yet they feel the urge to lie about it on every occasion they get.

And you're wrong about me, you've been criticizing Age of Decadence for a long, long time and I might have responded to you maybe once. Search for my posts with "Excidium" as keyword if you don't believe me. The reason for that is because contrary to toro, Sykar, FeelTheRads and other UR fanboys you weren't lying, just expressed your (very short) opinion, e.g. about camera which I agree with. If anything you were picking fights with me (search for "Goral" among your posts), not vice versa:
This game feels like is played in the vacuum of space. Nearly no environmental sounds whatsoever.
It also feels like everyone are mimes since I don't hear any voices. And there are no cutscenes. :roll:
Like clockwork, an apologist faggot comes up merely two posts later.
See the difference to which posts I respond? A guy criticized an indie game that it doesn't have environmental sounds whatsoever, I see nothing wrong with responding to something so Grotesque.

And funny thing is, after all your bashing, once you've finally played more than a little bit of Teron demo you've enjoyed the game, look at that:
I finished the game yesterday with a merc. P. fun, could even do some lorecrafting torwards the end with both at 8.
Was a bit disappointed that the PA was worthless for me, how would you build a char to make the most use out of it?
It shows a huge difference between you and them, i.e. you don't make shit up and you're not petty.

And here's another interesting example, compare:
I for one am not playing this shit game by a shit developer. VD can go rot in hell for all I care.
My AoD review:

"VD is a wanker."
Well, maybe I should instead say that I think the original stuff Iron Tower did sucks p bad, except for the graphics.

Geneforge:

• 200% more original than AoD
• Vogel couldn't draw a stick figure if his life depended on it
• Which sells better?

If Vault Dweller had stuck to his first 2D isometric engine, AoD would have been a COMPLETE FAILURE. VD lives off the accomplishments of his artists.
Not sure what VD did in AoD that was so original.

• Recycled gameplay elements from Fallout.
• Recycled pagan Roman setting.
• Every character is the same exact asshole personality type.

On the other hand.

• Graphics are okay.
AoD's quest teleport ruined any interest I have in the game. I have trouble finding the energy to complain.
There are many more but you get the picture.
with:
I just got to Ganezzar. The game is much more well-crafted than I expected. The text, story, level design, etc. are all better than I anticipated. However, the constant stat checks and story branching are also more irritating than I expected (at least, in the early game). This has cut into my enjoyment of the game. I do not like staring at loading screens. I had to give the game: :3/5:.
Severian Silk was saying that VD and AoD are shit left and right but somehow besides one very short response I wasn't commenting because there was nothing to comment, I couldn't tell whether he played the game or not based on such vague, pure opinion (toro wasn't that smart and he was saying shit which could be easily disproved, same goes for FeelTheRads) and it was clear that the main reason he was bashing AoD was because he doesn't like VD: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?members/kazuki.18532/&page=2#profile-post-10789
Still, he's also not petty like Undertards and he rose above his prejudice :salute:.

BTW, you are these two "oldfags" I've mentioned about (don't remember when you registered your first account but I'm pretty sure it was before me).

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
And you're wrong about me, you've been criticizing Age of Decadence for a long, long time and I might have responded to you maybe once. Search for my posts with "Excidium" as keyword if you don't believe me. The reason for that is because contrary to toro, Sykar, FeelTheRads and other UR fanboys you weren't lying, just expressed your (very short) opinion, e.g. about camera which I agree with. If anything you were picking fights with me (search for "Goral" among your posts), not vice versa:
You know it's not just you but LK also

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Excidium II
PoE shills are much more evil and sinister .

Don't forget PoE2 is being figstarted here: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire?media_id=484

While waiting for the next exciting chapter in the Pillars universe try the original here at GoG : https://af.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_hero_edition?as=1649904300 or Steam!: http://store.steampowered.com/app/291650/

“Obsidian (and its Kickstarter backers) have done it: Pillars of Eternity is one of the best RPGs since Baldur's Gate.”
9/10 – IGN

“It's the best new, isometric RPG to come out in years”
5/5 – The Escapist

“This is a big, fat, deep adventure that lets you carve your own unique path through a fantasy world that’s been brilliantly brought to life with rich, evocative writing. It’s a game steeped in a bygone era of computer RPG design, but somehow it doesn’t feel archaic. Obsidian have always been bound to other peoples’ worlds—Fallout, Dungeons & Dragons, Star Wars, South Park—but in creating their own from scratch, they’ve made not only their best game to date, but one of the best RPGs on PC.”
92/100 – PC Gamer

Come give it a try, it's not free!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Drama threads. I always wonder how many people, short of the participants themselves, actually read this kind of shit. I know I didn't.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
It's the opposite, people like toro or FeelTheRads have the urge to shitpost and lie about Age of Decadence because... I don't know why they do it actually (well, judging by this thread and the one in Undertards forum and his compulsive lying I would say toro is mentally unstable, FeelTheRads just hates AoD design and couldn't play it for more than 5 minutes). Examples can be seen in this thread for example and here are some more:

toro: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...of-incline-voting.113085/page-11#post-4922118 (look at the quoted part, talking out of his ass AGAIN)
Or FeelTheRads:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...e-game-of-the-year.106067/page-4#post-4311525 (saying that "the game teleports you from place to place and tells you about events and people you never knew about like you are supposed to know about them?")
Funny thing is, both toro and FeelTheRads don't know Age of Decadence (the former has played only a bit, hasn't even finished it, the latter none at all) yet they feel the urge to lie about it on every occasion they get.

This game feels like is played in the vacuum of space. Nearly no environmental sounds whatsoever.
It also feels like everyone are mimes since I don't hear any voices. And there are no cutscenes. :roll:
Like clockwork, an apologist faggot comes up merely two posts later.
See the difference to which posts I respond? A guy criticized an indie game that it doesn't have environmental sounds whatsoever, I see nothing wrong with responding to something so Grotesque.

And funny thing is, after all your bashing, once you've finally played more than a little bit of Teron demo you've enjoyed the game, look at that:
I finished the game yesterday with a merc. P. fun, could even do some lorecrafting torwards the end with both at 8.
Was a bit disappointed that the PA was worthless for me, how would you build a char to make the most use out of it?
It shows a huge difference between you and them, i.e. you don't make shit up and you're not petty.

And here's another interesting example, compare:
I for one am not playing this shit game by a shit developer. VD can go rot in hell for all I care.
My AoD review:

"VD is a wanker."
Well, maybe I should instead say that I think the original stuff Iron Tower did sucks p bad, except for the graphics.

Geneforge:

• 200% more original than AoD
• Vogel couldn't draw a stick figure if his life depended on it
• Which sells better?

If Vault Dweller had stuck to his first 2D isometric engine, AoD would have been a COMPLETE FAILURE. VD lives off the accomplishments of his artists.
Not sure what VD did in AoD that was so original.

• Recycled gameplay elements from Fallout.
• Recycled pagan Roman setting.
• Every character is the same exact asshole personality type.

On the other hand.

• Graphics are okay.
AoD's quest teleport ruined any interest I have in the game. I have trouble finding the energy to complain.
There are many more but you get the picture.
with:
I just got to Ganezzar. The game is much more well-crafted than I expected. The text, story, level design, etc. are all better than I anticipated. However, the constant stat checks and story branching are also more irritating than I expected (at least, in the early game). This has cut into my enjoyment of the game. I do not like staring at loading screens. I had to give the game: :3/5:.
Severian Silk was saying that VD and AoD are shit left and right but somehow besides one very short response I wasn't commenting because there was nothing to comment, I couldn't tell whether he played the game or not based on such vague, pure opinion (toro wasn't that smart and he was saying shit which could be easily disproved, same goes for FeelTheRads) and it was clear that the main reason he was bashing AoD was because he doesn't like VD: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?members/kazuki.18532/&page=2#profile-post-10789
Still, he's also not petty like Undertards and he rose above his prejudice :salute:.

BTW, you are these two "oldfags" I've mentioned about (don't remember when you registered your first account but I'm pretty sure it was before me).

He is a psychologist now :)

The gift that keeps on giving.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
toro is not worth it, Irenaeus. He never had anything interesting to say, has no intellectual curiosity at all, is resented because people can enjoy a game he doesn’t want or criticize a notion of gameplay he endorse. Just ignore him. He is an impotent and petty individual.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Goral and Lurker King should learn with me that brevity is the soul of wit, but they are right here. toro and other Underrail fanboys are wrong. More than wrong, toro is a lunatic.
Drama threads. I always wonder how many people, short of the participants themselves, actually read this kind of shit. I know I didn't.
Guys, I have no illusions about that but how else can I expose toro's retardness and mental instability if not by giving actual examples and arguments? The alternative is ignoring him but that's no fun, look at how many lies of his we've exposed here. I've purposefully waited a bit to respond and reveal many of his lies and shitposting in one post but that's just a small sample. If I were to compile all of it in one post it really would be tl;dr (you can see the bits in other posts here and there are more in other places but why bother posting it if no one will even read such small portion of it?).

P.S.
Well, there is makiavelli's "be concise" alternative but look where that got him :troll:.
In all seriousness though it's interesting how easily makiavelli got the shitposter tag and how come toro is untouchable. DarkUnderlord can you explain that favouritism?

Szkoda strzępić ryja. EOT.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
This whole thread is just a malicious distraction created with the sole purpose of turning our attention away from a more serious shilling being performed at the very top echelons of this forum.

What is the connection between the site administration and Star Stable?

This goes way beyond a simple obsession. Not only do certain administrators mention the game in question almost daily, they are literally forcing people to play the game!

Where is the outrage? Where is the concern toro?

DON'T BELIVE THEIR LIES! STAR STABLE IS [redacted]

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
toro is not worth it, Irenaeus. He never had anything interesting to say, has no intellectual curiosity at all, is resented because people can enjoy a game he doesn’t want or criticize a notion of gameplay he endorse. Just ignore him. He is an impotent and petty individual.

You are right.

toro, welcome to the Hall of Shame.

Still sounds better than a Favela.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
This whole thread is just a malicious distraction created with the sole purpose of turning our attention away from a more serious shilling being performed at the very top echelons of this forum.

What is the connection between the site administration and Obsidian?

Fixed.

You really think that when someone reads Goral's posts on the Codex they feel a strong and sudden urge to buy the game?

I think toro, in his own way, is simply concerned you'll develop yourself a Roguey problem, whereby otherwise reasonable consumers of your product will begin to loathe you by proxy.

Such that one day, very soon, someone will find a picture of you online and just meme you all up.

Exhibit A
:littlemissfun:

That's not the Roguey problem. The Roguey problem is when you keep wondering why your dates never return your phone calls, while in the meantime, some homicide detective in Silicon Valley is wondering why there's all these seemingly unrelated female murder victims with quotes about game balance carved into their corpses.

gaussgunner

Arcane
.net is shit though. I can agree with that. Normally I am not going to play a game that requires installing some stupid shit like that.

But he is some indy guy, it is unlikely he will make whole game engine with zero dependencies.

I do, as do other indie devs I know. That's the basic engineering groundwork you do before you seriously think about making a game. In the long run it's less painful than .Net or Unity.

KILLER BEAR

Educated
I do, as do other indie devs I know. That's the basic engineering groundwork you do before you seriously think about making a game. In the long run it's less painful than .Net or Unity.

What's wrong with using third party game engines besides the financial part?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom