Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Game Shilling on Codex: Accepted or Not?

Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter
WTF are you talking about? I've posted my reviews on GOG, Metacritic and Steam that's true (that's 3 clicks and maybe 30 s once I've written it, all in the same day or 2 days span, check the dates) and I've recommended Age of Decadence in the "What other game should I play" thread. Show me these many other threads where I'm advertising Age of Decadence because I'm curious. Oh, right, there was also this thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/discussions/0/371919771753417028/?tscn=1460374049
Underrail fanboys, sheesh.

Yeah man, I'm a hardcore underrail fan going undercover with Agatoth avatar +M.

Since you kindly linked your steam profile, your second ever post was already in the hardcore shill territory AoD >>> UR about fucking graphics.:whiteknight:

Mind you, I actually like your comments about Underrail, specially about DC, but the level of propaganda you two exhibit is beyond Correct The Record levels - and you aren't even Indians getting paid pocket change!

:lol:

This shit is hilarious.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Since you kindly linked your steam profile, your second ever post was already in the hardcore shill territory AoD >>> UR about fucking graphics.:whiteknight:

lol if your Underrail fanboy point is that your game has better graphics than AoD.

maxresdefault.jpg

335h1lz.jpg

Sizzle

Arcane
C'mon, guys, don't fight about graphics.

I'm sure we can all agree that both games are at the forefront of graphics quality which won't be surpassed for at least another few years :lol:

Brancaleone

Liturgist
Please wait until a game you like is on their shit list

First they came for Dragon Age: Inquisition, and I did not speak out -
because David Gaider is the High Queen of Faggotry

Then they came for Baldur's Gate 2, and I did not speak out -
because Minsc&Boo are for retards

Then they came for Underrail, and I did not speak out -
because the Deep Caves are just atrocious

Then they came for Arcanum -
and there was no one left to do a proper combat overhaul.

Parabalus

Arcane
lol if your Underrail fanboy point is that your game has better graphics than AoD.

maxresdefault.jpg

335h1lz.jpg

AoD looks better and has a more interesting art direction, yes, but the leap from that truth to hardcore shilling and daily "unpaid astroturfing" is the focus of laughter here.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
you literally can't find a thread on fucking STEAM where Goral hasn't been stroking his hard-on for AoD
your second ever post was already in the hardcore shill territory AoD >>> UR about fucking graphics.
So "literally every thread" turns out to be 2-3 threads (in the span of 3 years). Thanks for proving my point. And BTW, Underrail apologists have attacked me that I've even brought this thing up instead of informing Styg about it: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...d-go-to-new-thread.69181/page-70#post-3675524 (which I did but he ignored it)

Another proof that AoD > Underrail (even in customer support category and being transparent, Styg still hasn't updated the minimal requirements) :troll:

Last edited:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I loved AoD to death and it's one of the very few games I actually bought but Underrail definitely looks better, it's older technology but much better artstyle.

Plus, you don't need to hire shills if people do it for free, as is the case with the two here.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
AoD could have looked just as good if they didn't go for SPIN ME ROUND disgraceful camera. AoD camera sets a new standard for badness, with it even getting stuck on any high geometry.

Aenra

After nine pages, i can see both Styg and VD thanking toro profusely.. with good reason, lol

Am thinking we've been set up here, the true shill being toro . Smart enough to work both sides, conniving enough to make us do his work for him. Immediate action is as such deemed necessary.

Internet tagging justice at its finest, no? :D

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is happening to a Codex darling game.

Let me ask you this: How would you guys have felt if the shills were doing this for Mass Effect/Dragon Age/Fallout/Skyrim?

However you would feel about that, you should feel the same way about this. Writing reviews everywhere is fine. Talking about the game in several places is fine. Heck if someone asks in here and they try to be overly positive to get someone to buy the game is also fine. Hijacking several topics in a specific community is going to become an annoyance to other users. In my opinion, that's not fine.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Let me ask you this: How would you guys have felt if the shills were doing this for Mass Effect/Dragon Age/Fallout/Skyrim?

However you would feel about that, you should feel the same way about this. Writing reviews everywhere is fine. Talking about the game in several places is fine. Heck if someone asks in here and they try to be overly positive to get someone to buy the game is also fine. Hijacking several topics in a specific community is going to become an annoyance to other users. In my opinion, that's not fine.

It seems the codex doesn't give a shit.

They already resumed "working" in the 2016 goty thread.

agris

Arcane
Patron
hi everyone, i'm agris.

i like underrail and its gameplay mechanics, graphics and fixed isometric camera. i also like age of decadence, its gameplay mechanics, graphics and granular camera control.

who do i shill for and why should i die in a fire?

Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter

Not really, those games are shit. The issue here is mainly honesty really. Making some shit up about a game and then pimping another is just retarded. Though of course he could do the same thing to ME 3 but the question is one of sincerity.

But our opinion doesn't really matter about what he does on steam, we are not the internets police.

Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter
Also there is one of integrity for the site and even moderation. They crack down like crazy for bashing on obshitian and its fucktard employees, but an INDY guy who made a good game and suffers from obviously bullshit agenda based bashing gets no such protection.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom