Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game with no challenge removes challenges

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I've yet to see a single argument from you that a game without failure isn't a game.

I've deleted all the lies, deception, cheating, trolling, misdirection and general horseshit from your post and in reply to the remaining sentence I refer you to a post I made some moments ago:

do you not read any threads on this site or do you just spurge your own beliefs and then log out?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
You gave up, and started whining about cheating. Then you got over excited about your friends jumping example, and that I consider jumping to be an uninteresting mechanic to wall off content. Are you actually the ADHD toddler you come across as?

Why do you think you deserve this content?
This was always a big part of games... overcoming challenges to get to new content. But apparently dumbfucks just want it all without doing anything. But without using cheat codes! Just please make it part of the game and make it look like those that actually play the game are the dumb ones lol. They just don't know what to do with their time!

I have the feeling that soon instead of "skip" buttons we'll have "play" buttons. The game will just ask you, "do you really want to play this bit, when we could just skip it for you and respect your time???".

And what content? If the gameplay itself is not content for you then what... you want skip buttons to get to the next story bit? Why are you even bothering? Do you really buy games to see the ending cinematic, or what?

Apparently the attraction of that Mario game you linked to is that with the coins you can get... clothes... so that's why you should not lose them. Quality content gated by coins. :retarded:

Last edited:

ortucis

Prophet
I don't know why people are complaining.

Telltale games already makes "games" where everything you do means nothing and every action acts like "skip to next scene". They've been making millions doing it for years now.

adrix89

Arbiter
Why are there so many of my country here?
To be fair for most games there isn't much difference between normal and story mode.

You just mash one button to win. But I can see where game journalists might be sweating, having to handle all that walking and another button might be too difficult.

Perkel

Arcane
Right after that articles:

"Are game developers dead ?" - polygon
"Game developers are over" - kotaku
"10 reasons why movies are better than games" - ign
"I switched to movies and it is all better for me" - vice
"Game journalist mode is hate speech" - neogaf

Perkel

Arcane
articles tomorrow:

" Pew Die Pie DOES IT AGAINT. HE RAPED ME" - polygon
" pewdiepie is gamersgate leader now " - kotaku
etc.

Deflowerer

Arcane
What amazes me is that on one hand, they want to elevate gaming to art, yet they praise modes that allow you to circumvent certain parts, treating them as consumerist products that they are entitled to own and manipulate as they see fit just because they paid for them. What a bunch of faggots.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
What amazes me is that on one hand, they want to elevate gaming to art, yet they praise modes that allow you to circumvent certain parts, treating them as consumerist products that they are entitled to own and manipulate as they see fit just because they paid for them. What a bunch of faggots.

To be fair, if you bought the Mona Lisa, you could paint over her face.

Dexter

Arcane
DLa4CmEUEAApZWy.jpg

pol-cuphead1g7u13.png

pol-cuphead284ugm.png

Last edited:

RuySan

Augur
Most game "journalists" have an inferiority complex and try too hard to elevate games to an artform, yet they fail to even try to reach the same standards of movie, music and literature critics. Did ever any film critic asked David Lynch to make his films less obtuse and offer a developer commentary to explain what is happening on mullholland drive, for example.

Is expected that music critics don't know the history of the genres they write about and all the classics and influential albums? Yet, that's what happens with most game "journalists" under 30 that the kind of Kotaku and Polygon employ.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm wondering that myself. Account is less than a day old and full of gems.

Deflowerer

Arcane

To be fair, if you bought the Mona Lisa, you could paint over her face.

Just like "BUT HEY U COULD JUST SKIP TO THE END OF THE BOOK OR A MOVIE" argument I've seen thrown around, that statement is too retarded to even engage with.

I could actually see some grade-A peasant clamor for skipping parts of a movie or a book because they are boring, but to see an actual critic of a medium ask shit to be dumbed down for his level, jesus fucking christ.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom