Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gameawards 2016 Nominees

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
It's long list and it has many categories so I'll just post a few.
http://thegameawards.com/nominees/

Game of the Year
Doom
Inside
Overwatch
Titanfall 2
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

RPG's: (How come Tyranny didn't make it on the list?)
Dark Souls 3
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -- Blood and Wine
World of Warcraft: Legion
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Best Action/Adventure Game
Dishonored 2
Hitman
Hyper Light Drifter
Ratchet & Clank

My opinion: for RPG, DS3 will win and Uncharted for the rest.

Last edited:

Siel

Arcane
Patron

Game of the Year
Doom
Inside
Overwatch
Titanfall 2

Dark Souls 3
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Dishonored 2
Hitman
Hyper Light Drifter
Ratchet & Clank

GrainWetski

Arcane

Game of the Year
Doom
Inside
Overwatch
Titanfall 2

Dark Souls 3
Xenoblade Chronicles X

Dishonored 2
Hitman
Hyper Light Drifter
Ratchet & Clank

Fixed it for you.

Bunch of trash.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
GOTY is clearly Dishonored 2. There is absolutely no competition. Dark Souls 3 was great too. Blood and Wine is excellent but it's "just" an expansion, not a full-fledged game.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
It would be funny to see Inside win the GOTY award, and neat to see Hyper Light Drifter win its category. Otherwise it's just trash piled upon garbage.

EDIT: Read the rest of the nominations.

"Games For Impact" award = Pretentious Hipster Shit-Award.

"Trending Gamer" = I Can't Believe They're Giving YouTube Ranters Awards Now-Award.

And finally...this is the best one... "Most Anticipated Game". Yes, they're actually handing out awards to games THAT HAVEN'T BEEN RELEASED!!!

Last edited:

pippin

(How come Tyranny didn't make it on the list?)

I haven't seen much, buth I'm kinda surprised at how Tyranny was just... released. Pillars has way more attention imo, even without counting The Incident.

Something tells me they will give the GOTY to Overwatch.

pippin

Blood and Wine is excellent but it's "just" an expansion, not a full-fledged game.

yeah but only two or three games out of that list are truly new, the rest is a sequel, a remake or whatever. If you consider that then 2016 was the year of not having good ideas.

Martius

Liturgist
Titanfall also was just released. I am surprised Xenoblade is on list since its game from last year. I guess December title still counts for next year?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Is the Twitcher3/Dork Suls III an RPG at all?
reference to "is Deus Ex/Gothic an RPG?"

Did I saw Endereal (Skyrim mod from Nehrim's creators) in nominations? I rather vote for modders because they make better work than actual game developers aka make games for gamers and shit like that.

Siel

Arcane
Patron
So apparently they screwed up for 2mn:

ryHDbL8.png

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://www.pcinvasion.com/game-awards-2016-tonights-confirmed-game-reveals

Game Awards 2016 – Tonight’s Confirmed Game Reveals

Actual 100% Confirmed Titles That Will be Appearing
Mass Effect: Andromeda – As confirmed by the conclusion of the recent ‘Cinematic’ trailer, there will be a “gameplay reveal” from the next Mass Effect title at the show.

Prey – Confirmed by his holiness the Keighley. Arkane’s next first person project will be getting a gameplay outing at The Game Awards too. Let’s hope the PC version turns out better than Dishonored 2.

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (Season Three) – Telltale will be giving an “extended” look at the third season of The Walking Dead. This was confirmed in the same press release that gave the release date for Episode One as 20 December.

Lawbreakers – CliffyB’s first person multiplayer shooter will be turning up with some “killer reveals”, according to the official Lawbreakers site. And they should know, really.

Halo Wars 2 – The “latest Halo Wars 2 trailer” will be present tonight, as confirmed by this tweet from 343 Industries. Keighley had previously hinted at something related to Microsoft, and this would fit that description.

Rocket League (Next Update) – The next update for Rocket League will be shown, as confirmed by the developers themselves. This might appear in the ‘pre-show’ between 5:30pm and 6:00pm (Pacific).

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment – Strictly speaking, only about 99% confirmed. But when Yacht Club Games are tweeting things like “reap what we show” in reference to an appearance at the Game Awards, it’s pretty certain to be their Specter of Torment campaign for Shovel Knight.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – There’s a 0.0% chance of this game ever coming anywhere near the PC, but, in the spirit of completeness, Nintendo have confirmed “an exclusive look” for this evening.

More Speculative Stuff Based on Developers Saying ‘We’re Doing a Thing!’
A Thing from Gearbox Software – Randy Pitchford has said the studio is announcing something on 1 December, in reply to somebody musing about a Duke Nukem/Gears of War crossover. Pitchford claims the announcement will be something that person “might really enjoy”.

A Thing from Phoenix Labs – The Vancouver-based indie studio comprised of former Riot Games employees will be showing their “debut title”. They’ve tweeted this gif of a serene looking landscape.

Outright Rumour
Telltale’s Guardians of the Galaxy – The much-rumoured (and seemingly confirmed) Guardians of the Galaxyproject from Telltale may be getting a reveal tonight. They have previous form for showing a pair of projects at this event (previously it was Tales From the Borderlands and Game of Thrones), but this supposed reveal is otherwise based largely on speculation.

Maximum Hideo Kojima
Memorably barred by Konami from attending the Game Awards in 2015, Kojima will be showing up to receive the Industry Icon Award. He probably won’t show anything from Death Stranding, but I guess you never know.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Game of the Year
Doom
Inside
Overwatch
Titanfall 2

Dark Souls 3

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Dishonored 2
Hitman

Hyper Light Drifter
Ratchet & Clank

pippin

I wonder who is behind this post indeed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom