Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Gameplay Guide] Rance X: Decisive Battle

vitaminz

Literate
What is your VNR settings? I download it but it only trans name.Always me something like : this text too long to translate.

Also how can i use demon factions? They always locked.

vitaminz

Literate
Can you translate VITAL bonuses?

I figured some but most i don't know.

vitaminz

Literate
I get stucked with Blue Orge battle. I always auto-lost and can't figure out how to avoid game over.

P/S: Sorry for a lot post, can't edit.

Jason Liang

Arcane
What is your VNR settings? I download it but it only trans name.Always me something like : this text too long to translate.

Also how can i use demon factions? They always locked.

Unlocking the demon frame is one of the military rank abilities (that you increase by automatically cashing in 3 medals). It's the one with the Skull.

rx073.png

As far as the other abilities go, the most important ones are the ones in the first two rows. In the first row are the ones that unlock the 5th, 6th and 7th leader frames. The last ability increases the AP cap from 6 to 10, which is useful later on.

In the second row, the first ability gives you +1 AP every even round (3 AP on turn 2, 4, 6, 8, etc...). The second ability allows you to swithout out characters every round. The third ability unlocks the Demon leader frame. The fourth bonus increases chance to boost by 100%.

The 3rd row has +30% to HP, +30% to phsyical attack damage, +30% to magic, and +30% to xp.

The 4th row has ???, more rare cards found, hanny zippo (once per map, when you are defeated, you'll heal 50% hp and fight on), and 3% bonus to everything.

The 5th row has 3% bonus to everything, raise maximum bonuses by 25% (bonuses are capped at 49% naturally), raise maximum bonuses by a further 25%, and finally better Overkill (allows you to continue to spend AP after defeating the enemy, until the end of the combat round).

By Blue Ogre Battle I assume you mean Babolat (easy version). You just need to have a character with an attack or ability that removes buffs like Arlcoate or Magic and have them remove his buffs before it maxes out.

quartzal

Barely Literate
fgzQsx

How to fight medusa when Rance is unavailable.. How to break the demonic shield??
This game freaking hard yet interesting.. SOB.. im stuck now.. already settle the babolat and the 3 choice hard path quest.. now Cant fight medu without Rance..XD
fgzQsx

DrDustCell

Educated
Jason Liang

4th row 1st item will double the ★Rank value of your items (I discovered quite a few interesting explanations when I clicked help on every screen it's available lol!)

Also some tips I found while card-hunting/maxxing

- You find out which naked girl you will get after beating generals by using analyze skill (reloading the autosave will change the girl)
- Holy gal monsters evolve into their bigger form if exp at the end of combat ends in a 7
- the regular family (普通の父、母、女) is a random quest you get by having mikan

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
I'm not sure what that does or what the Item Supply Up! stuff does though. Does it just make Items stronger?

Just read on the vg thread there's a character that only drops if you have Shariela. This game is so troll.

Also, any luck getting Mercy Julietta? I was doing some analysis and Burksham is one of the only Demon Lords unaccounted for in X. Since the 3 Julietta sisters are his apostles, perhaps they are tied.

DrDustCell

Educated
Yeah it [the bonus] makes items stronger, if you have it and click on it, you can see your stats on the right-hand side increase! (if you have stat-increasing items) Same with item supply up.

At this point I'm using cheatengine to hunt cards and max things, so I always have it and turned on, I can't comment on how to get the bonus anymore :(

Also, any luck getting Mercy Julietta? I was doing some analysis and Burksham is one of the only Demon Lords unaccounted for in X. Since the 3 Julietta sisters are his apostles, perhaps they are tied.

I was not even aware a Mercy Julietta existed as a character lol.. and no, I've only found Lucy and Earthy so far.. I'll be sure to keep an eye out now for the third!

Last edited:

quartzal

Barely Literate
i already found my way out of medusa war.. u just need to wait during the fight until rance available to become assist

KingDoofus

Scholar
Item bonuses/item levels only apply to items that apply set attack/hp bonuses. If an item only proves +3% magic damage then leveling it up won't do anything (as far as I can tell). Whereas if any item provides +500 attack, bringing it to the next level will make it give something like +550 attack. Using the item level up from the medal perks won't do much early but can be very noticeable on certain factions late game - enabling this gave Rance 10k extra attack for me at one point (largely due to Chaos).

As for which bonuses from the medal perks you want, it mostly depends on where you are in the game and what you expect to get out of your run. My first run I rushed to get 7 open slots as I learned the battle system. My last run the first 3 perks I used were bonus exp, rare treasure up, and keep attacking enemies after they die. Then unlock demon faction just so I can level them up. I found 4 characters can easily handle the early game and those perks made my army much stronger much faster (except for bosses, then I switched things up). But really, more than anything it depends on your playstyle, there's plenty of viable choices.

Here are some documents that should make things a little easier:

This is a translation of an explanation for Rance X's gameplay that Alicesoft put out a few months ago. It's 10 pages with lots of pictures, can read the thing in less than 5 minutes. The last page has a complete translation of the bonus perks. (If you don't want to download the document, you can view it straight from that page).

https://mega.nz/#!n9RjzQ5Q!YXmlYiuxNnaHvHui3YJIzK_4Fju2KSc9ByjJBQbVfEc

This is a document someone put together on how to use VNR to run Rance X, including links to where to download what you'd need. Should help with most VNR problems.

https://mega.nz/#!appSkIDK!-UF7M0_T-QHBQd4ibErlIjJZuChdDp-qpmZXWSlVaj0

(Both of these were taken from 4chan's "Haniho" thread, the thread for Rance enthusiasts)

vitaminz

Literate
Thanks everyone for helpful guide. It's more easy now.

Demon factions seem weak for me because they had less card or hard to unlock. How to unlock more demon cards?

KingDoofus

Scholar
When you first unlock the Demon faction they're likely to be very weak, since you won't have very many of them and they'll all be unleveled. As you progress through the game, you will have the opportunity to unlock more of them through events or missions (I won't spoil how or where). But keep at it with getting them experience (and definitely consider giving them your meal tickets) - by the mid to late game, the Demon faction will likely be your strongest faction by far, as well as having the most powerful skills.

vitaminz

Literate
Anyone know how to check card rarity?

And which card i should build?

Jason Liang

Arcane
Anyone know how to check card rarity?

And which card i should build?

When you first get the card, common cards have no foil effect. Premium cards have a shimmer if you wait a few seconds, while Super Premiums have a golden shimmer (and you can't really miss them since the game has a dinstinctive animation when you get one).

vitaminz

Literate
I know it but i forgot most of time. Only remember some girls.
So no other way to check their rarity?
Also nude card normal girl seem useless, they had least stats. Are they only for collection?

Jason Liang

Arcane
It depends, with some characters alts become useful when you have the free party-switch bonus, especially if they have once-per-recovery attacks and abilities. For example, Athena 2.0 and Yuzumi nude cards are very useful since they give you extra copies of their OPR attacks.

Many nude cards also give passive collection bonuses which are always useful.

Finally, some nude cards are flat out superior, such as Nude Satella who has a 0 AP attack.

DrDustCell

Educated
Is the Polygon man monster(ポリマン)a scripted capture or is it available from any generic monster enemy?

There's Miracle's VR training mission available right from the start with those polygon men, but I can't capture anything from either regular or autobattles there...

vitaminz

Literate
One of two demon girls in start tranformed to adult. This time i do same thing but can't get her adult form card?

DrDustCell

Educated
One of two demon girls in start tranformed to adult. This time i do same thing but can't get her adult form card?
The holy gal monsters:
latest
latest
latest

will only transform into adults when the battle EXP ends in a 7.

latest

starts off as an adult. You can make them children by sleeping with them during base phase, where they'll lay an egg item. In the next base phase, you can use those eggs to hatch special monsters:

latest
latest
latest
latest

But you shouldn't be sleeping with Wenlina unless it's for collection purposes, since she saves you from Arios. (alternatively, Crook can but you won't get the pope wish unused achievement- see #51)

Jason Liang

Arcane
Is the Polygon man monster(ポリマン)a scripted capture or is it available from any generic monster enemy?

There's Miracle's VR training mission available right from the start with those polygon men, but I can't capture anything from either regular or autobattles there...

I could capture the Polygon monsters normally from Miracle's sidequest. Didn't have to use any special abilities. Probably try beating them without overkill?

DrDustCell

Educated

I could capture the Polygon monsters normally from Miracle's sidequest. Didn't have to use any special abilities. Probably try beating them without overkill?

Just to be clear, I don't mean the polygon green dinosaur, but the red/blue/white/yellow floaty polygon creature.

And yes I'm definitely beating them without getting the treasure chest, from low overkill to flat out 0%. Pretty much tried on every single enemy with the helman monster capture unit, both regular and auto-battles...

Strange... I've been trying for close to 5 playthroughs now.. same (no) results... I don't even know how I got my first polygon man.. I'm trying to catch him again to max him. :(

vitaminz

Literate
starts off as an adult. You can make them children by sleeping with them during base phase, where they'll lay an egg item. In the next base phase, you can use those eggs to hatch special monsters

I had egg but how to hatch it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom