Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games demade or reimagined as different genres

ColCol

Arcane
I have a soft spot for games that are demade or re-imagined as different genres . Examples, these images and video which are different takes on Fallout 4

308960-3gLBYFL.jpg

8tifPeG-noscale.jpg

So, post anything like this. Be it design docs, picture, videos, an actual game, etc.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Doom, the Roguelike is pretty cool

One of the game's two devs was spotted with mister Romero
mechner_kisielewicz_romero.jpg

(The man on the left is Jordan Mechner, creator of Prince of Persia)

give it a try, it's free

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Dungeon Siege.
People these days complain that games are interactive movies. DungSiege1 is not interactive in any way. You just watch as game play itself.
Then slowly turn into interactive movie, something that need pressing 2-3 keys for the whole game, including RMB (DungSiege2) and then - into action RPGs (DungSiege3 and PSP game).

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik
It's not cinematic enough to be interactive movie tho.

It's actually very interesting example of screensaver that isn't barely-interactive movie at the same time. Interdasting.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
When I played Fallout 1 (didn't finish it) I kept thinking how great it would have been as a FPS instead, since the turn based single character combat was so boring.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I kept playing the Bioshock series thinking how much better it'd be with a Deus Ex inspired gameplay instead of being a corridor shooter.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dungeon Siege.
People these days complain that games are interactive movies. DungSiege1 is not interactive in any way. You just watch as game play itself.
Then slowly turn into interactive movie, something that need pressing 2-3 keys for the whole game, including RMB (DungSiege2) and then - into action RPGs (DungSiege3 and PSP game).
The game is masturbating, that's the problem.

I kept playing the Bioshock series thinking how much better it'd be with a Deus Ex inspired gameplay instead of being a corridor shooter.
Or an adventure game series.
Correct. It is particularly jarring in Infinite BS. I started watching it on an LP, and after a promising start, it devolved into a mindbendingly bloody and stupid massacre that didn't even look too fun to play. The story the devs wanted to tell simply doesn't work as an FPS. The gameplay is totally out of place in their cotton candy racist amusement park dream world. The only reason it couldn't be a proper adventure game is that adventure games are well and truly dead.

Last edited:

Destroid

Arcane
There's a bunch of Dark Souls 2d rpg platformer things around, like this:

Fallout as an FPS was done long ago, although as a deathmatch HL mod. It was pretty damn good but I can't find anything about it on youtube.

Luka-boy

Arcane
I used to have a big collection of demake art but I don't have the time to look for it today, so have these lower resolution pics for now.

batmanxwo7q.png

bayonettagppz6.png

bioshockx1rbt.png

brawlvsqup.png

brutallegendl3p4p.png

deadspace6qo74.png

ffxiiijjrs9.png

guitarherozvqdg.png

killzone8spt3.png

lbpw2q4y.png

mgs4pyqj9.png

mirrorsedgemkrp1.png

nobynobyecpai.png

nsfspjq11.png

othermq1rca.png

pikminnfq3f.png

rdr82qwa.png

re56dqvk.png

sinpun2enrmx.png

soulcaliburtsrpz.png

starcraftewpqk.png

supermariosprint8copa.png

ars_gameboydemakesovoog.jpg

demablo_by_asatiir-d77fpfl.png

Modron

Arcane
Pyke did a series of these Bioshock/AC 4/heart breaking mockup of Crusader, someone less lazy should dig those up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom