Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games on drugs

v1rus

Arcane
Any good recommendation for a game to play while high on weed? I usually play Hearthstone, but it started to become tedious. I remember i really liked Supermeatboy (beat it on 106%, cuz im so gewd) and Superbrothers: Sword and Sorcery while high, but RPGs dont really work for me, i immerse myself way too much, last time i played Arcanum high, I spent 20 mins deciding should I or should I not take a pair of shoes from a trash bin. I mean, someone must have left them there, what if some poor bastard has to walk around barefoot? That's it more or less, i also remember that for some reason i enjoyed Battle Realms, probably cause its way slower than Warcraft 3/Starcraft. So, Codex, pls sum recommendations!

EDIT - also, me luv sum flashing lights and trippy artwork

agris

Arcane
Patron
Try strategy games, the tendency to slow down and overthink things can be beneficial. You might like The Banner Saga for strategy-lite and more focus on the visuals, or for me the go-to strategy game will always be Silent Storm.

On the other end of the spectrum, you might like the CYOA games like the Walking Dead / Wolf Among Us.

Harold

Arcane
The Void. Zeno Clash. Braid. Hotline Miami. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. Disciples 2. Soul Reaver 2. Space Rangers 2. Bionic Commando Rearmed. Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
I've found risen 3 to be fun while drunk, dunno if it's going to have the same effect with weed though

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Crimson Clover. Dance Dance Revolution. Darwina? Broforce. Any derivative of the Tempest series, my personal favorite is TxK. Kirby, definitely Kirby.

Drugs are bad though, mmk.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy. What a strange world to walk high.

You can play Myth TFL and Myth2 on hardest difficulty and then imagine these undeads are machete rape squad coming for your virgin asshole.
Good riddance.

v1rus

Arcane
Try strategy games, the tendency to slow down and overthink things can be beneficial. You might like The Banner Saga for strategy-lite and more focus on the visuals, or for me the go-to strategy game will always be Silent Storm.

Banner Saga sounds like a good idea, especially since it has been on my to-play list since it was published.

Arcanum might be fun if you're really high.

Actually, I beat Arcanum a week ago, and I was semi-high most of the time (i would wait half an hour or so, before I'd turn it on). Was totally high during the final Kerghan encounter, and boy, was that awesome.

The Void. Zeno Clash. Braid. Hotline Miami. Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. Disciples 2. Soul Reaver 2. Space Rangers 2. Bionic Commando Rearmed. Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People.

So many games. Beat Miami, Braid, Call of Cthulhu and Soul Reaver 2 back when i was straight, was awesome. I luv me some Disciples 2, but i mostly play hot seat multiplayer. Gonna check out the rest.

Play the Heroes of Might and Magic campaigns. Or King of Dragon Pass. Heroes Chronicles. The Oregon Trail. The Amazon Trail.

Same thing as Disciples 2. Love Heroes, tedious to play alone. Could give it a shot tho, I should really beat Chronicles sooner or later.

E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy. What a strange world to walk high.

This actually sounds like a great idea, not sure will i be able to run it on decent settings.

Play the Heroes of Might and Magic campaigns. Or King of Dragon Pass. Heroes Chronicles. The Oregon Trail. The Amazon Trail.

Maaaan, a HoMM 3 game with your buddy, as you're both high as fucking kites, would be glorious. I really need to try that soon.:brodex:

Been there, done that, was awesome. Beware tho, every time you open the Town window, there's a chance youll be overcome by awe and stare for 20 mins. Just dont fail your concentration check and its gonna be awesome.

didn't it try yet, but cypt of the necrodancer might be ok when stoned.
I actually have it installed, didn't really give it a try tho. Ty.

An oldie. Not that great tho, way too trippy.

Take it to some stoner forum you waste of oxygen.
This post has inspired me to change my ways and become a straight man. I can't thank you enough.

Now, on completely unrelated matter, what do you guys think about MDK? Its trippy, and its kinda simple, should work well, shouldnt it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom