Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games that would benefit from modern remake

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Agreed on Deus Ex, shit's fine.

Wizfall

Cipher
Hard Nova.
BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception (a cRPG TB mech game).
Arcanum, if only it had a good TB combat system...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I would love for System Shock to be in a modern 3D engine. That game kicked ass, but is so fucking dated sadly. At least someone finally added mouselook to the old game. Which was nice.

But the amount of art and assets needed to pull that off successfully would be impossible for a small modding team.

Machocruz

Arcane
Rainbow Six: Raven Shield. The AI needs to stack at doors better and enter rooms better. Zulu code needs to made to work properly. More accurate gun report sound. Enemy AI that isn't always ready to shoot with perfect accuracy right when you crack open a door.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Not a remake, but the original Merchant Prince (which was actually remade/re-released as Machiavelli) needs a sequel.

I want Civ exploration, but the goal of trading spices instead of conquering the world (plus all the cool side systems like bribing closed cities, taking them over and shutting them off from your rivals, etc). I've tried a few newer ship trading strategy games and none of them offer this. They just made the economic model more detailed which is like making sure the physics is really good in a CoD game. I mean you can't argue against it, but it seems like a waste when the game is so limited.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
:necro:

I made a post over on the last page that explains my opinion on remakes in general, and I name Dr. Drago's Madcap Chase as a front contender.

As there now exists a stable and fully functional version for modern operating systems, I thought I was good as far as remakes go...until I recalled another game.

Tom Hall's magnum opus...Anachronox.

For a 2001 game, it has aged badly just in terms of graphics. We see the first examples of facial expressions on polygonal character models...and they look like some artsy East-European stop-motion film. This is one field that graphics and games have come a LONG WAY since then.

(And that's all before the missing 40% content from the game factors in, and such.)

Some may recall last year that Square Enix released a survey where they named Anachronox 2 as a possible future project. To be honest, I'd prefer to see a remake of the first game before they make a sequel.

Just don't have the same clowns do it as did Thiaf.

Last edited:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Blade Runner could use 1:1 "HD Remake", just replace the graphics with more modern ones.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
system shock 1, there isn't really much that could be dumbed down either so i think it would be a-mazing ;)

system shock 2 to a lesser extent, it's still playable imo even with the hd mod it makes it much better

harder with iso rpgs since alot of what makes them good for me is the old interface, at least to me fallout 1/2 are much more enjoyable and less clunky then the new ones, ditto for the baldurs gate games and icewind dale vs nwn 1/2/dragon age

gothic 1 would also probably be good with an overhaul since the interface/controls in that game are pretty shit(at least for me ;) )

likaq

Arcane
Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri ( bigger resolution as priority )
Elite 2: Frontier ( upgrade visuals, newtonian physics can not be removed )
fallout 1 and 2 ( in div:os engine or silent storm engine )

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Nevermind lecuck. He's trying desperately to stir shit up lately.
Imagine a guy filling up a pool with feces, jumping in and then laughing at those on the sides cause they got sprayed with shit.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Well not even Bethesda could have achieved anything near as repulsive as the images he planted in my head so whatever he set out to do he achieved.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
Nevermind lecuck. He's trying desperately to stir shit up lately.
Imagine a guy filling up a pool with feces, jumping in and then laughing at those on the sides cause they got sprayed with shit.
maybe you should not be so quick to judge others? and you seem to know alot about shit....:oops:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Genei Toshi - Illusion City

I'd love to see this game with high-resolution pixel art and smooth scrolling, yet with the same gritty FM sound. Also, in English.
This game is basically Anachronox with turn-based combat and avoidable encounters, but without all dat humor.

It's too linear, though. Wouldn't mind to see some sidequests or similar stuff.

Fuck, almost any game that includes killing faggots as a part of the plot must be redone to include more faggots to kill.

I'd let Platinum remade Drakengard 1, a pity such morbid story is wasted due to boring gameplay. Combat needs moar depth coz repeating 343748 times the same combo + spamming specials gets old fast.

laclongquan

Arcane
MechCommander can do with a nice graphical update and/or a new engine. While the Mission Front is fine on its own, the more mecha games the better.

On another note, Patrician 3 certainly can do with some more better graphical asset. The old ones are sufficient for a very dated looks, but seriously~

:Flash:

Arcane
I made a post over on the last page that explains my opinion on remakes in general, and I name Dr. Drago's Madcap Chase as a front contender.

As there now exists a stable and fully functional version for modern operating systems, ...
More Info, please?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom