Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games that would benefit from modern remake

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
About a year ago I looked up the game on search engines and found a self-extractable file for download that installs the game and it runs fine.

Don't ask me where I got it, I can't remember.

Divinity: Original Sin
I made a post over on the last page that explains my opinion on remakes in general, and I name Dr. Drago's Madcap Chase as a front contender.

As there now exists a stable and fully functional version for modern operating systems, ...
More Info, please?

I remember playing the demo of this that I got on a magazine CD, and I never found a complete version of this game until I saw it for download on the underdogs abandonware site some years ago.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
This might come off as a weird choice, but i really wanted someone to just remake Digimon 1 for the PS1, it had such a great concept and gameplay that would really fit well in todays technology.
I mean, just remake it and name it whatever they want, but keep the good mechanics in a certain way

• Soul Reaver - Legacy of Kain: this one was almost rebooted, and I do mean almost... Here's a 30-minute HD gameplay video of the scrapped Dead Sun sequel that was released on Youtube in March, 2015:
  • Quake #1: id has expressed interest to return to the Cthulhu-inspired setting of the original game for Quake V
  • Gothic 1 & 2

sullynathan

Arcane
Gothic 1 - 3 need to be remade
vampire masquerade
fallout new vegas
system shock
early tomb raiders (except numero uno)
KOTOR

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
The Creed would also benefit from a remake or at least a small re-release to gain some sort of recognition. Honestly, I think there were only two or three codexers who actually played this game (except me, ofc).

Reasons to remake it or re-release it with some fixes:
1. Nice gameplay - something like 'Biohazard meets GTA in cyberpunk setting'.
2. Cool setting and plot.
3. People need more cyberpunk games.

The game is also a bitch to run on modern hardware, with some annoying details (you have to turn off the speech censoring in the setting every time you run the game), and it's almost impossible to obtain today (unless you know where to look).

laclongquan

Arcane
I cant believe nobody say shits about remake Front mission 1, 2 and 3. Mecha command game is not growing on trees you know.

1, and 2 are Dos era graphic, so it's obvious. 3 is PS1, and it's pretty blocky. I think something along the line of HD remastered shits for 3, rerelease on PC, would be a huge hit.

Sjukob

Arcane
Daikatana

Rock & roll racing and Severance Blade of darkness with level editors would be good as well

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nothing comes to my mind, but then, I don't really mind playing games with old graphics, they are fine for me as they are, hence I don't feel that anything needs a remake.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
Crusader: No Remorse and No Regret

Fuck-Yeah-GIF-4.gif

in the style of Vanquish

39bot.gif

croitav

I hate 3D graphics
Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri ( bigger resolution as priority )
Elite 2: Frontier ( upgrade visuals, newtonian physics can not be removed )
fallout 1 and 2 ( in div:os engine or silent storm engine )

kill yourself.

TC Jr

Scholar
Og xcom, open xcom does a great job of sort of updating the UI but honestly the graphics are pretty dated, I usually don't give a shit about graphics but for xcom I'd like to see it cleaned up a bit

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'd like to suggest PSI-5 Trading Company as a game that could use a remake, except that game that comes close is already out - Star Trek: Bridge Crew.

Star Trek: Bridge Commander is another game that could be called a remake, but it strays too far from the premise of PSI-5.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I need all of these games that got cheated out of good sequels by this shitty business:

Baldur's Gate 3
Betrayal At Krondor 2
Eye of the Beholder 4
Police Quest 5
C&C Tiberium Sun 2
World in Conflict 2
Hidden and Dangerous 3
Syndicate 3
System Shock 3
Castles 2
Gunship 2000 2
Jagged Alliance 3
Midwinter 3
Stunt Island 2
EverQuest 2 (the current one doesn't deserve the EverQuest name)
Blackguards 3
Carrier Command 3
Terra Nova 2
Best of the Best 2
Strike Commander 2
Space Rangers 2
Carrier Command 3

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Krondor has a sequel, man.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom