Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games to play while listening to my own music

Know any nice games to play while listening to music? I have time to kill and few music albums I want to listen through, but not many games to play while I'm listening. I already got sunburns from trying to sunbath so I guess I have to stay indoors now.

Sazabi

Novice
It's not about music fitting the game as much as it's about fitting Custer's cock up a native Kwan's ass. :troll:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I'm currently playing 7,62 High Calibre (with Blue Sun Mod) while listening to my latest discovery named Manfred Mann. You can affor that game for 5-15 potatos on Muve.pl, beggary for that amount of content.
Similiar - Jagged Alliance 2 1.13.

And you can listen while playing Myth series "cough". Or Incubation. Actually, most tactical games? Maybe even UFO/Xcom games?
What about hack'n'slash genre (maybe except Diablo and Icewind Dale)?

Yeah, but what games are "mute friendly"
Hm... game where sound is not important i.e. lack of sounds is not death wish? Like footsteps or warning signals? Like STALKER games (running through the map blindly, only listening signals of traps) or multiplayer in FPS games (actually, some people may listen even here).

Last edited:

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I play fighting games and all the casual/mobile rabble on mute while watching shows. Try Nimble Quest, One Finger Death Punch, One Way Heroics, Desktop Dungeons, Binding of Isaac, Risk of Rain, Hero Siege or any of those bundle games that scratches one of your gaming itches.

I also tried with Torchlight 2, but playing the cannon without the constant BOOM BOOM is not half as fun.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Eighties RPGs, you know, Wizardry, Ultima, Bard's Tale, Phantasie, Might & Magic, Alter Ego (yes, it's an RPG, fuck you), Pool of Radiance, and so on. And if you want to play a good roguelike, try ADOM or Nethack. You should earn your KKKs.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Anything.

I used to play Baldurs Gate with hardcore blasting, same for Fallout.

Thought mostly it's just Grand Theft Auto games if I just wanna blast music and don't think.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I have the fondest childhood memories of listening to my paretns' Deep Purple CDs while playing Civ2. Also works well with Civ3. Then, there's that one time the sound files of my Might and Magic VII got corrupted and I decided to run the OST from the "Last of the Mohicans"

Settled for Return to Castle Wolfenstein (Call me a fag but I don't like original very much) and I have Commandos 2 in reserve. If all else fails I will replay some goldbox games on amiga (to savescumm my way through random encounters).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom