Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games to play with girlfriend

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
My girlfriend never played video games before and pretty much ignored them. Her previous boyfriends tried to get her interested into various stuff but it never worked. But then I recommended her to try Phoenix Wright (with emulation) for a bit and she just loved it. After that I could push World of Goo and even convinced her to play L4D2 in the end, despite her aversion to guns, zombies and gore. But she likes the coop gameplay and that I have to take care of her.

Phelot

Arcane
Over the internet? No idea, but old NES games are really fun to play with anyone, games like Super Dodgeball or Ice Hockey and they're easy to learn.

Destroid

Arcane
Heresiarch said:
oscar said:
Girls seem to like Heroes of Might and Magic.

My 19 years old little sister LOVES watching me play HOMM since many years ago. Something with the fancy landscape and good music I think.

Other than that, she used to love watching me play Artificial Girl 3. Of course with the in-game boy and gal banging and cumming. Then she went to design girls and clothes while I sleep. True story.

Or buy a Wii and play some party games. Raving Rabbid is good. Coop with her and play the Musou series is also an excellent choice, it doesn't need skill, and have tons of fun.

wtf man

Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hmmm... some of the suggestions above (the serious ones) are decent enough.
Mine likes to play action-adventures like God of War, and shooters like TF2, Killing Floor and L4D.

Maybe if you could get some friends together, she might actually enjoy it. Co-op is usually a good thign for girls.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
oscar said:
Girls seem to like Heroes of Might and Magic.

This is true. My ex was obsessed with HOMM3. She also was into all the Impressions city builders and Mechwarrior 2 along with Total Annihilation. A woman of many tastes but strangely not RPG's although to be honest in the late 90's I didn't get many apart from Fallout abd BG. There was nothing else around.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
She was right though. That was insane and not much fun.

Yesterday my girlfriend plopped down and watched me play some L4D versus on some server with house rules and endless zombie hordes. Basically nonstop screaming and shooting and general mayhem. After about fifteen minutes she got up and walked out silently. Later on she asked me if I was fucking insane to play shit like that to relax. :lol:

Angthoron

Arcane
Titan Quest (as it's not as grimdark as most other Diablo-likes, and if she's into grimdark, then just go straight for Diablo 2 or something) - easy to grasp, hard to master, might get her into min-maxing, then you can actually suggest some good games instead.

Magika, it has cutesy graphics and lots of amusing deaths, plus cultural references can be amusing. Wouldn't expect this to have a terribly long mileage though, it is sort of a short game.

Some city-builder that you can co-op in, like Anno 1404 Venice.

Heroes of Might and Magic games, like others suggested.

MMO trials (LotRO for example)

Neverwinter Nights addons if you manage to get it to connect (I recall it being a pain in the ass at one point)

Civ games. She's got a headache? Nuke her capital.

And other games with relatively attractive graphics and gameplay that is both easy and complex. Wouldn't recommend shooters, unless you know she likes them or is at least okay with them. If she is, then Borderlands is quite decent for co-op.

Minecraft, if she can handle the wonders of blocky graphics (and you mentioned Farmville so she should)

Edit: Oh, yeah, and Age of Empires (1 and 2 optimally, maybe Age of Mythology, too).

mondblut

Arcane
Insane Psychic said:
Maybe if you could get some friends together, she might actually enjoy it. Co-op is usually a good thign for girls.

And don't forget to film the whole affair :lol:

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
MessiahMan said:
BLOBERT said:
BRO IGNORE MOST OF THE VIRGINS ABOVE

SERIOUSLY YOU DO NOT WANT TO PLAY GAMES WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND IT WILL END UP WITH HER BEGGING YOU TO PLAY MARIOCARTS FOR THE FIGFTEENTH TIME

A direct lie. My wife and I play Doom, Serious Sam, Age of Wonders, adventure games, Baldur's Gate, and more together. It's just a matter of having standards. There's probably no hope for you, though. My wife is cool, your girlfriend sounds like a ninny.

How fat is your wife tho?

DraQ

Arcane
Serious_Business said:
MessiahMan said:
BLOBERT said:
BRO IGNORE MOST OF THE VIRGINS ABOVE

SERIOUSLY YOU DO NOT WANT TO PLAY GAMES WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND IT WILL END UP WITH HER BEGGING YOU TO PLAY MARIOCARTS FOR THE FIGFTEENTH TIME

A direct lie. My wife and I play Doom, Serious Sam, Age of Wonders, adventure games, Baldur's Gate, and more together. It's just a matter of having standards. There's probably no hope for you, though. My wife is cool, your girlfriend sounds like a ninny.

Don't change the subject.
:smug:

MessiahMan

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Serious_Business said:

Around 25 % body fat, and that's after a winter of relative loafing (relative for us is working a physical job, and lifting weights three times a week). It's spring, now, we're cutting food intake, and getting more cardio on top of our regular routine, so who knows where she'll be at when all's said and done.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So I have a girlfriend now. Love, sex, cooking, all that great stuff.

We've been playing a lot of hot seat HoM&M3. It's great fun and all, but I'd been playing this game my entire life and would mind something a bit different. Shared monitor games would be preferable. Shared keyboard as well, since I don't have a controller. It's hard to fool around while playing on separate computers anyway, so what's the point?

She isn't a gamer, but she's not a total casual either. Some Heroes (IV!) experience, some Gothic 1, AoE.

I know there have been quite a few of those new sidescrollers coming out. Something like this could be fun. Co-op or competitive, doesn't matter.

:necro:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom