Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games with 30 mins-1 hour runs

ColCol

Arcane
Roguelikes are the obvious choice, but I'll take any suggestions (like ten minute space strategy) for games that offer a self-contained run that can be finished around an hour or less.

deuxhero

Arcane
Way of the Samurai has a few routes you could easily do in an hour if you know what you are doing. Each game have about 6 main endings with a handful of variants each and there are a bunch of sidequests, figuring out how to get each ending and a few dead ends (though it's pretty hard to screw yourself out of ANY ending) on top of it

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
If you can beat AI Wars in 1 hour on any real difficulty/size setting you probably belong in some sort of sci-fi minority report vat predicting the future.

Doom RL is kind of doable in 1 hour (there are speedrunning medals for as quick as 15 minutes iirc) if you're relatively competent and not trying to 100% it or anything.

Desktop Dungeons is divided into nice slices that are probably around ~1 hour each.

Astral Rag

Arcane
The Carmageddon games. Racing games/ sims in general actually, just set the "correct" number of laps.
Q3A and UT with time limit.

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
I've been playing Age of Empires 3 lately and if you don't turtle up, the maps last 20-40 mins on average and it's really fun.
The second one is obviously any Dota, especially LoL's ARAM mode.

Norfleet

Any number of various match-based games where you typically murder your opponent (or get murdered, because you didn't git gud) in anything from seconds to minutes will do.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Anything arcadish, bro.
Platformers, racing, puzzle games etc.
I derp with pinball, Trials series, sometimes Race the Sun, Luftrausers, One Finger Death Punch etc when I want to play something good under a short period of time.

Mofleaker

Educated
Iter Vehemens Ad Necem is what I play when I want to kill an hour or so. Though your first few runs will end in ~5 minutes.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Alter Ego, Sword of the Samurai, NWC's Nuclear War, Die Hard (NES), every arcade game ever.

Coyote

Arcane
HQxNbTL.jpg

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Fire up MAME or a NES emulator and take your pick of thousands of games.

This. Many SHMUPS, beat em ups, versus fighters, platformers, puzzle can be played through in 30 mins to 1 hour.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom