Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games with good humour

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Simon the Sorcerer I & II (made by Adventure Soft, the developer of The Feeble Files, mentioned earlier).
Interstate '76 and '82 are funny in a 70's/early 80's parody way.
The Lost Vikings

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Pretty much all the old Bullfrog games:
Dungeon Keeper 1/2
Theme Hospital

OK, so I haven't actually played the rest, but I'd assume they're funny.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Bullfrog's Syndicate has pretty good humor.

Assuming that you find 'persuading' the crowd then watching it die under your enemy's fire hilarious.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Grim Fandango is the only r00fles game, with GTA being chuckle-funny.

subotaiy

Cipher
Thanks for recommendations everyone, a lot of great games I haven't played here. I'm having a blast with Anachronox now, though the combat is getting at my nerves. Who ever thought that lousy jrpg combat would be good should be shot.

catfood

AGAIN
I don't believe Zork Grand Inquisitor has been mentioned. It contains some of my favourite humour in an adventure game.

Lemming42

Arcane
Space Quest.

Also Fallout 2, while obviously a mixed bag with a lot of stupid shit, had a good number of ridiculous (in a good way) characters and funny lines.

EDIT: I'm retarded and didn't notice Fo2 mentioned in original post, forget I said anything :negative:

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane
Thanks for recommendations everyone, a lot of great games I haven't played here. I'm having a blast with Anachronox now, though the combat is getting at my nerves. Who ever thought that lousy jrpg combat would be good should be shot.
Well, that would probably be Tom Hall who seems to :love: Chrono Trigger/Cross games and was also the main driving force behind Anachronox, so I'd say no.
Even though jPG combat is a major :hearnoevil: .

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Jrpg combat is bad or simple by norm, but it amazes me that western jrpgs have the worst jrpg combat ever.

Lemming42

Arcane
Speaking of JRPGs and games with good humour, the J2E fan translation of Final Fantasy IV is actually pretty funny in parts, as well as being better by a long shot than any official translation.

Lemming42

Arcane
You sure? The DS remake has a good one. Great one I'd say.

It wasn't a bad translation, but I remember feeling it leaned a little too much towards taking itself seriously and some people, especially Cecil, had a tendency to slip into medieval-y speak.

It's been ages since I played the DS version though, so it might be better than I remember.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Which part? You can speed up the combat by pressing the / key (or, in my case, ž - game seems to ignore windows keyboard settings). You can also pretty much break it if you get the Instabouge Icon from the Hive minigame (which probably requires some cheating). Instabouge on a character with a group attack + Elementor Mystech with a Cobalt Crawler = annihilation of most mobs in round 1.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines had me laughing all the time, but i'm not sure if its the kind of humor you want.

Cassidy

Arcane
Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden, where Space Jam is canon and B-balls drive the world forward.

Rokkzul

Barely Literate
Of the newer games, FTL has some humour.

"Send the crew to help immediately! Giant alien spiders are no joke."

Last edited:

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
psychonauts, star control 2, anachronox, deponia, bloodlines as a malkavian.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom