Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games you cannot stop replaying

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Everytime I see a new Dark Souls lets play, check some cheeky breeky meme of Stalker or hear the intro of Morrowind theme I get this very serious itch to replay them; its like surfing channels and finding Goodfellas, Almost Famous or Blade 2 and I have to just watch the movie regardless of the fact it just started and it 2 am.
I have a big videogame backlog and feel kind of guilty replaying a game many times but I just cant help that feeling of just knowing every inch of undead borrows, rushing to get the AKM from the boat near the cranes in Call of Pripyat or hearing Shodan's "run through my corridors" intro to System Shock 2....
I bet I am not the only one

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Civilization. Pick your poison throughout the years, each iteration has its advantages and drawbacks, but for the past 20+ years it has continuously brought me back for one more turn. It's kind of disgusting how much time I've put into these games, and wonderful.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Oblivion. The Radiant AI is what keeps me want to experience it more. It's very immersive!

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oblivion. The Radiant AI is what keeps me want to experience it more. It's very immersive!
Ahh yes, the uhh Radiant AI.
giphy.gif

nGRpnjo.jpg

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Nox. I think I know every map by heart at this point, but I just can't stop. Same with FEAR.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Single-player story based game? New Vegas, I replayed that game to death and back several times, every so often I'll see something related to it and will fire it up and play for few hours.

As a skirmish type of game, I have been playing Age of series since they have been released basically, same with RA2 and Cossacks. Played loads of Civ and grandstrategy too, recreational strategy games are very replayable.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Trials series, Fusion and Evolution. I can play that shit anyday. Still gets alot of user content but I always like to go for better leaderboard position or a new platinum medal.
Got an hour to kill? Play Trials.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
New Vegas
Jagged Alliance 2
Baldur's Gate 2
Neverwinter Nights (expansions and modules)

Usually when I buy a new game, I get bored halfway through it and start one of those four for the millionth time.

PeachPlumage

Cipher
Deus Ex
Thief 1
Thief 2
System Shock 2

I haven't replayed my go to games in years, so it is definitely long overdue.

baturinsky

Arcane
Good strategies (and some other games with strategical elements) differ so much between plays, so it's not really "re-playing".

Got bored and left

Football. Fucking. Manager (and Championship Manager before that). Jesus Christ, it feels like I spent half my life playing those goddamn games over and over again.

And as for story-driven games, it's Morrowind and the two first Gothics for me. Played the shit out of them as a kid and I keep coming back every now and then, love those games to death.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
My list that i'm constantly playing

Fallout 2

Tie Fighter CD dos

Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight 2

X-wing Alliance

New Vegas

Fallout 3

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Football. Fucking. Manager (and Championship Manager before that)
This. I've been clean for a while, but I hear it calling every now and then, which fills me with both dread and excitement.

Deus Ex isn't my most replayed game (that would be Max Payne which I probably finished like 20+ times with different mods back in the day), but it's one that I've been regularly replaying after its release.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Civilization (no mods, mostly V with all the DLCs and stuff), The Guild: Europa 1400 (gold edition), Baldur's Gate 2 (no mods, just normal gog.com version with expansion).
Morrowind, Skyrim and New Vegas get some replays too.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Sid Meier's Colonization
ToME 2.34
Avernum 1-3
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
Icewind Dale
Might&Magic 6 and 7

colon4.gif

colonization-colony-screen.jpg

Last edited:

DramaticPopcorn

Used to replay Dark Messiah of M&M at least once a year since release, but stopped this year.

Same with NFS Underground 2.

kris

Arcane
Used to be paradox games, in particular EU, but I am burned now and have an hard time enjoying them (except CK).

Still, Civilization games and football manager, always come back.

In high school I got badly hooked to Fallout 2. Beat the game like 9 times in a row and almost failed several subjects because of it. This last couple of years I played a ton of NWN modules. And every year I get hooked to Sengoku Rance for a few weeks.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Homm 3. I play at least 1 game a month and some times just do the campaigns for fun. I don't even want to know how many hours I have in Homm 3 overall.

508cd76f3f90f2268a59ec678e2f7c6585e564d352963398972038fd53bf243e.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom