Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games you cannot stop replaying

panzertoter

Arcane
Wizardry 8 - once every year, different character builds every time.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim - I start this game once in a while each year. This game has so much charm, I can't get enough of it. Also 1404. And Might and Magic VI - I actually never finished this one, but I always restart it and play a few dozen hours.

spekkio

Arcane
Archimedean Dynasty
System Shock 2
Deus Ex
Final Fantasy Tactics
Front Mission 3

*Edit:

Dungeon Keeper 1

Last edited:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Jagged Alliance 2. It just never gets boring, changing settings yourself is also a nice way to spice things up.

Icewind Dale, it's just always fun and an honest to god dungeon romp with amazing atmosphere.

And ofcourse Battlefield :/

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Ultima Underworld
Sword of the Samurai
Telengard
Alter Ego
Prince of Persia
Civilization
Castles II
Star Wars: The Battle of Endor
Die Hard (NES)
Captain Tsubasa II: Super Striker
The Legend of Zelda and Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link
The Legend of Kage
Gyruss
Wonder Boy and Wonder Boy in Monster Land

:negative:

bloodlover

Arcane
Heroes of Might and Magic 3. It's the only game I keep on my PC all the time. I still run a RMG from time to time and whenever I gather around with my friends for holidays we run a hot-seat game that usually lasts for 12 hours.

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Icewind Dale (sometimes Icewind Dale 2 instead). One of them every year or two.

Lords of Magic. I install it every now and then, play ironman with a weird class/faith combo, die a couple of times, maybe beat the game, then get bored because the AI is crap on the world map.

Warcraft 3 / FT. The campaigns only. I'm not the biggest fan of WC3, but those campaigns are among the best in RTS history. Challenging, fun, just enough balance between "build base->destroy enemy" and gimmicky missions.

Captain Claw. The pinnacle of 2D platforming on PC, as far as I'm concerned. Haven't played it in quite a few years, but I think I beat it 5+ times already.

Last edited:

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Tie Fighter/X-Wing
Freespace
Mechwarrior
Wing Commander
X-Com/TFTD
Fallout 1/2 (I like 1 more)
Mount and Blade (with various mods)
Crusader: No Remorse/Regret
Wipeout 2097/Wip3out
Flashback
Another World (for nostalgic reasons, it's not really fun to play when you know what to do)

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
World of Tanks.

I'm about to start a new cycle where I:
- Re-learn the game and re-familiarize myself with the maps while my stats suffer
- Slowly raise my stats back to their former level
- Uninstall after a series of ragequits due to artillery faggots

Quake 1/2/3 with expansions packs
Unreal Tournamant
every version (of bazillion available) of Street Fighter 2 - I've lost interest in this franchise as a whole... Alpha series, 3's or crossovers became forgotten... but not this one. When I gain additional platform (cellphone, smarthone, Xbox) I always start with one of SF2 ports
every Mortal Kombat except 4/Gold/Special Forces
Punisher, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs
Doom / Strife / Blood / Shadow Warrior / Last Rites
Z / Dark Colony / Myth: The Fallen Lord
Scorched Earth (best artillery gaem period, fuck Wormz)
Balloon Fight, Tempest 2000, Warpman - simple but addictive, they never get old
Super Mario Bros 1 & 3, Mario Kart 64, Mario Tennis (GB)
Bulletstorm

Games I think I finally ceased to replay after many years:
Warcraft 2 / Starcraft / Diablo
Dune 2 / C&C / Red Alert / Dune 2000/ Tiberian Sun
Civilization 2
Commandos: BEL / BTCOD
Dragon Ball: Legend of Super Sayian / DB: Evil Freeza (NES)
Prince of Percia
Another World

baturinsky

Arcane
There are also games that I keep starting, but keep losing interest at about midway

Final Fantasy: Tactics 1&2
Icewind Dale 2
Tribes: Vengeance

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Sid Meier's Colonization
ADOM
Fallout 2
Max Payne
Crimson Skies
Interstate 76
Freedom Force

(and damn it I miss Myth 2 and Freelancer!)

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane
Everytime I see a new Dark Souls lets play, check some cheeky breeky meme of Stalker or hear the intro of Morrowind theme I get this very serious itch to replay them; its like surfing channels and finding Goodfellas, Almost Famous or Blade 2 and I have to just watch the movie regardless of the fact it just started and it 2 am.
I have a big videogame backlog and feel kind of guilty replaying a game many times but I just cant help that feeling of just knowing every inch of undead borrows, rushing to get the AKM from the boat near the cranes in Call of Pripyat or hearing Shodan's "run through my corridors" intro to System Shock 2....
I bet I am not the only one
I ended up answering the OP and for forgot to say how beautiful this post is. Bravo.

Also, when I read "Invictus" I knew there would be some Stalker citation. Hehehe

Alfons

Prophet
F.E.A.R
Fallout new vegas
Stalker Call of Pripyat
Deus ex

Only caveat is that for everything besides F.E.A.R I play for a few hours and stop. I remember everything I am going to do and how I am going to do it so it turns to auto pilot. Since F.E.A.R is pure action and doesn't have you going around listening to the same people saying the same shit it's not that much of a problem.

sser

Arcane
Developer
ffuRo8I.jpg

One of my favorite games, easily. Love the story, the setting, the characters, the action, the cars, etc. I like that it even had quite a few random moments me and my old friend could laugh at. Like the one time we crested a hill just to see an enormous, eight-lane police road block in front of us. We sped toward it anyway and as we got closer little yellow blips started flashing and suddenly bullets raked up the engine block and peppered the windshield and eventually blew it out altogether and destroyed pretty much the entire car until we smashed through the roadblock in a hulking mass of flames. Still cracks me up thinking about it.

CiVs, EU's, JA2, MoO2
RPG's don't really make the list, hard enough to actually finish them once, always burning myself out by doing all side content before the endpush of the mainstory :negative:

thesoup

Arcane
Deus Ex
Eu4
Vicky 2

Nothing else compares when playing it over and over again.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thief fan missions. Whenever a new one is released, I play it. And I return to some of my favourite older missions. And I replay the original campaigns.

It's basically taffing time, all the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom