Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games you want most (that aren't being made)

Astral Rag

Arcane
Dungeon Keeper 3
Syndicate 3
Magic Carpet 3
Bioforge 2
Startopia 2
Fallout 3
Doom 3
Quake 4
Arcade racing games like Rollcage
A new Interstate game
Crimsons Skies 2

I would also like to see more platformers in early 90's Apogee style. The recent Muri was pretty nice.

Last edited:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
LGS Logo.jpg

'nuff said

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Another Gorky/odium game, it was announced few years ago but nothing after that.
Warhound from Techland. Looks outstanding years back and even today it would be good. Not to mention rest of the game, where you play as a mercenary.

Another game like 762mm/JA2 - ton of guns and options (in terms of movements like sidewalking or climbing on roofs).

Natreg

Novice
Ultima X
Ultima Underworld III
Worlds of Ultima III

We need more Ultima :)

Wing Commander VI - I just want another one based on the same universe.

System Shock 3 - This one needs a conclusion.

Shadow Caster 2 - The first one had a good concept (which sadly, it was not that well executed)

Monkey Island 5
Tales of Monkey Island 2

Either a continue with the Tales series cliffhanger, or do a new Monkey Island 5.

Legacy of Kain proper sequel - This one is also in need of a proper conclusion to it¡s storyline.

Dragon Ball Sparking Meteor Sequel - A worhty sequel instead of Raging Blast...

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Vagrant Story with Dark Souls mechanics, fighting system.

DemonKing

Arcane
I never thought I'd utter this phrase but after a real drought over the last few years...a new WW2 shooter. Battlefield in the Frostbite engine would do for starters.

There's a recent one... Enemy Front, I think? Haven't tried it myself since everyone said it was shit, though. There was also Iron Front, same deal.

I guess I should have quantified it by adding the adjective "good" to my request for a WW2 shooter...sorry about that.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A first-person dungeon crawler with top-down battles. So essentially another Goldbox game.

King's Field resurgence, but with improved gameplay. Or another Ultima Underworld.

Another historical cRPG. Victorian era, the Wild West, Japan, anywhere. I want that Darklands depth but without the Darklands bull.

Mega Man-styled Metroidvania (pick a boss, get a new dungeon).

MediEvil 3.

Gothic 5.

The Witcher but with good combat this time.

Freedom Force 3.

Linear Fire Emblem (i.e without grinding).

Dynasty Warriors RTS. I don't know how exactly that'll work but I want to see someone try.

Anachronox 2. People already said this but I love this game too much to just let it die on a cliffhanger.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Battletech MMO (alternatively Mechwarrior 5 with a very open Storyline)

Shadow of the Horned Rat / Dark Omen type of game. Two modes. Story mode with long and branching campaign. Open play mode with produrally generated content. Perhaps the possibility to design your own starting troops. Some RPG-elements: Some more options for improvement after level up (racial traits, etc). More equipment options. Faction reputations, etc.
For controls it should copy a lot from Total War, but with better pathing and cohesion.

RPG with The Dark Eye-type of char-system, DnD combat options and traits/perks. TSI is perhaps already doing this ;) (I want to believe)

Wizardry 9 Please ramp up the placed encounters and tone down level-scaling and respawning.

A Kings Bounty-type of spin-off for Age of Wonders 3.

An Alternate World/Fantasy Total War game where you choose a starting "flavour". But after that you have more 4X options for researching and designing your units. Also none of the fuckups of Total War games.

Monster. A game where you play the Monster(s). Could be a dungeoncrawler or perhaps loosely based on Mount&Blade-type of influence/lair building. (I want to be a dragon.)

Mount&Blade with actually good stuff (battle AI, Town/Country/Empire building, reputation/influence system, diplomacy, equipment/character system/troop rebalance, etc., etc.)

JA3

Comte

-An isometric turn based RPG in the U.S. Wild West.

-A Vietnam wargame

Higher Animal

Arcane
A new Phantasy Star - A low-tech Sci-fi fantasy JRPG with labyrinthine dungeons, grinding, and environmental cues for story advancement dependent on player actions. Strange/Creepy non historically based atmosphere plus perma-death. Smart grinding AI. Etc.

No one Lives Forever 3 - Or can you please give me legitimately good writing, characters, story, and level design? But focus here on developing novel spy weapons/items to be used in well thought out set pieces while contextualized in a run n' gun shooter. NOLF actually failed to fully live up to this (shit stealth, for example) but is still one of the best games ever made.

Shenmue 3 - No QTEs. More puzzles. Hard Fight Mechanics. C&C if possible.

Morrowind 2 - Steroid the exploration. Make god-gaming nearly impossible without clever thinking/consquences.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Terra Nova 2, preferably with co-op

Crusader: No Recourse (FPS version of Crusader series which looks like their cutscenes), preferably with co-op

Dead Or Alive for PC with multiplayer cheat protection and without exploits

Fighting Force 2, with a very long and varied same-screen-coop campaign which also has Internet co-op

Battlezone 3, designed more like Battlezone 1, using modern graphics, with co-op

Future Cop 2, which greatly expands on its concepts and environments, and still has co-op

G-Police reboot on modern hardware, with same soundtrack composer, preferably with co-op

Diablo 3 which expands on character archetypes/abilities, gameplay depth, general design decisions, and writing quality of Diablo 2

Duke Nukem 3D 2, with co-op

Terminator: Future Shock reboot with modern visuals and preferably co-op

Aliens: Colonial Marines, designed by smart and passionate people

Starsiege: Tribes reboot which faithfully imitates the original game with ShifterX mod

Quake 1 with Threewave CTF built-in, revitalized for modern audience and put on Steam, instead of this Quake 3 garbage with retarded design poorly influenced by competing with Unreal Tournament

Doom 3 which uses modern graphics to create colorful, interesting and yet still abstract levels in style of Doom 1, where enemy placement and weapon choices matter. Featuring 3D enemies which look exactly like their sprite counterparts in Doom 1/2.

Last edited:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I never thought I'd utter this phrase but after a real drought over the last few years...a new WW2 shooter. Battlefield in the Frostbite engine would do for starters.

There's a recent one... Enemy Front, I think? Haven't tried it myself since everyone said it was shit, though. There was also Iron Front, same deal.

I guess I should have quantified it by adding the adjective "good" to my request for a WW2 shooter...sorry about that.

Of course, but you might want to check them out yourself anyway, since as far as I know these are the only 'new' WW2 shooters.

Unwanted

CyberP

Unwanted
Lots of love for the Immersive Sim in here. I crave a new one so bad. I was so hyped for Dishonored but found it very disappointing, though it is not a bad game by any means.

Anyhow, all these people should look to mods & TCs the communities have made for these games (hint hint), as people have worked very hard improving upon these unique type of games, and also get to supporting Otherside Entertainment (who are making Underworld Ascension/Ultima Underworld 3/Arx Fatalis).

Please show your support. The majority of the Codex is obliged to support incline based on your tastes and beliefs regarding the industry. I am sick and tired of watching mindless half-assed unworthy bullshit be successful at the click of a rich man's finger through marketing manipulation and sheepish social media mentality. No modesty in here. The success of games should be determined by quality first and foremost, not by how much money was thrown at marketing, money most dev studios don't have.

tindrli

Arcane
i would like to see
Final version of Prospector

then Turn based space strategy like Moo4 or even better like Space empires VI but not rushed things like they are dooing nowadays,

and, King of dragon pass with lets say native american settings

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom