Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games you want most (that aren't being made)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Tactical games with huge amount of gear and guns. Plus lot of option in terms of movement character (rolling, climbing on roofs etc.).

Rake

Arcane
Sacrifice 2
Fallout 3
Baldur's Gate 3 (non-Sawyer edition)
Warcraft 4

In that order.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Authentic Alien Experience.

Jokes aside - today "aliens" are not that strange like it was before. See - humanoids aliens like Mass Effect one.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Dungeon crawler in a fictional setting that mocks whatever shit humans made up over the course of the history.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

We need a new and improved SCUMM Indiana Jones, Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle. Those games were damn clever and bloody hilarious - I tried the Sam and Max episodes and even the new Monkey Island ones without much success. Any of the new point and clicks any good? Seems Monkey Island has been lost from our gaming history. I know Tellgames are trying and I have a few of those - but am I getting lazy in my old age or the is the Monkey Island magic lost forever? Why oh why did Lucas Arts go under. It's a disgrace.

SS3 - Shodan needs to come back - what a waste of material if not. True icon of gaming. Masterful bit of creation. It is a crime. Bioshocks have been okay by the way, in my opinion, but they aint SS. I don't care if you fight against Shodan, or help Shodan - or even if you turn out to be Shodan. I want it back. Yeah - the Deadspaces were interesting and even - EA for goodness sake - are involved with those. Played and completed Deadspace 1 and 2. Shodan knows best.

Ultima whatever the number is - those games were great. The world is already well known. We need to return to Britannia either by UW or in mainland. A lot of time has passed. Technology in this world has advanced. Imagine what a decent Ultima could do for you. How did EA go from a respected publisher of really good games to becoming the morgue of all that is decent.

Dungeon Master - done by Grimrock.

Elite - almost done. Looking good. Better be a chance to fly a wide variety of ships. Just better be. Manual docking required. (Including Freelancer 2, Freespace and others here).

Decent golf game required - used to love Jack Niclaus golf game where you could design your own course. Before that we had World Class Leaderboard and World Tour Golf or something. EA took it and smothered it. Or possibly Tiger Woods and his libido killed golf games - I don't know.

Alternate Reality - please finish it. I don't have those C64 floppies from my last save any more - but let's have the updates that were promised. I used to try and pull out the floppies when I knew I was about to die - didn't work. That Dungeon really appeals to me as being unique amongst any other dungeon roaming game.

Bards Tale 4 - please -I just want to play it again. It needs to look like the BT and play like the BT. Not that piece of manure recently published, which I have but not played yet. I will pay a decent price. I need to see 99 Skeletons and 99 Dragons. I NEED MONKS. Who has the BT license by the way? Why do the reviewers on GOG talk about BT1 all the time as if they are reviewing a game from 1985 instead of the new one? Why didn't I learn how to programme beyond BBC BASIC!

The Sentinel - buzzzzz - scanner - sound - getting closer. I need to move, where can I go - I run out of trees, why can't I build a damn boulder here. Oh crap - Dun, dan, dun. Sentinel remake would be appreciated. The latest one was not bad.

Agreed - Tie Fighter - something in the Star Wars universe - but not by Bioware. No way. Must be ships and storyline. Fly different ships. No need for jedi powers.

Bioforge 2 - agreed. One of only two games I played with my brother - as we watched each other taking turns playing and eating. The other was UW1.

Wizball - that game was funky. Music was just unbelievable. I would even get a joystick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizball

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Tie Fighter - something in the Star Wars universe - but not by Bioware. No way. Must be ships and storyline. Fly different ships. No need for jedi powers.
I'd rather prefer a game with a gameplay very similar to Tie Fighter but without the Star Wars setting.

tindrli

Arcane
Bards Tale 4 - please -I just want to play it again. It needs to look like the BT and play like the BT. Not that piece of manure recently published, which I have but not played yet. I will pay a decent price. I need to see 99 Skeletons and 99 Dragons. I NEED MONKS. Who has the BT license by the way? Why do the reviewers on GOG talk about BT1 all the time as if they are reviewing a game from 1985 instead of the new one? Why didn't I learn how to programme beyond BBC BASIC!
l

i totally agreed with this one:brodex:

Accept

Hexen 3
Stonekeep 2
Worthy successor to Doom 2
Worthy successor to Duke Nukem 3D
Worthy successor to Thief 1/2 and 3

Gentle Player

Arcane
King's Field resurgence, but with improved gameplay.

Fucking this, though the only improvements I'd make would be to add actual character customisation with more stats, and a Souls style death system. Oh, and the ability to block with shields, and the Shadow Tower Abyss mechanic of dismembering enemies to reduce to their effectiveness incorporated and expanded upon. I'm probably one of the few people that prefer the much slower and more deliberate pace of KF to the twitch based action that's becoming increasingly prevalent in Souls (seriously, I just beat Fume Knight for the first time by gitting gud and dodge-rolling with a two-hander, but I may as well have been playing Devil May Cry or something... I don't want to fucking roll around everywhere like a spaz) and looks to be the main focus entirely in Bloodborne. Go back to your roots you cunts, KF 4 is the best game you ever made.

Needed to get that rant out. As for games I'd like to see made which haven't been mentioned: a new Myth style game. Maybe even make it turn-based. No base building, economy, training new units, diplomacy, or any of that. Just the units given for the mission plus any carry-over survivors from the last, a map, mission objectives, and pure tactics. And fucking brilliant narration.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
xcom/ja mashup about sjws gentrifying a city, where you draw troops from a randomly generated pool (random hair/hair color/piercings/tattoos/gender, 0.005 probability of not being white), your enemies are either equally mixed racially or based on census data distrib and you cannot defeat them properly (they are invulnerable/have dmg resistance plus increased dmg against you/they get up after a few round when they have been killed/all depending on special groups they are in) until you research the proper stuff to marginalize their opinions (internalized misogyny for women, white privilege for whites, and so on)....hmmmhmmmhm.....

Felix

Arcane
GTA like game set in feudal Japan so i can galloping around murdering peasants in the name of whatever.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
GTA like game set in feudal Japan so i can galloping around murdering peasants in the name of whatever.

There are probably Skyrim mods that can give you that type of experience.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom