Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Games you've genuinly enjoyed recently?

latexmonkeys

Augur
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Started playing Strife: Quest for the Sigil for the first time.
Just beat the sewers, but I apparently pissed off the guards in town at some point.

:negative:

DramaticPopcorn

I've enjoyed Killer is Dead immensely. A lot of mindfucking going on though.
Also, Lords of the Fallen, despite having finished it twice already is enjoyable for a run through

Neo scavenger.

I get slaughtered all the time, ive refused to read the manual, having massive fun discovering the mechanics.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Played through the first few levels of TIS-100 last night. Nice open-ended programming puzzle game for non-manboons :obviously:

granit

Scholar
World of Tanks, Eador Master of the broken World, DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition, Heroes of might and magic 4, Darkest Dungeon, Tales of Maj'Eyal, Sins of a Solar empire Rebellion, Cities Skylines

Catfish

Learned
Oh, I got another one! Battlezone 1, that was a couple of great weekends :)

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
NBA 2k13 (RPG at its best)
Silent Storm (fun, liked it a lot)
PoE (ok, got boring once i reached Defiance Bay and all the shitty sidequests)
Bastion (awesome game to just waste time on in between)
Kings Bounty: Armored Princess (bit too grindy after 40hrs, but still very nice)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I tried Wolfenstein (2009) and was amused that this bastard child of popamole mechanics (regenerating health, shields) and old Blam! MEIN LIEBEN! might work that good together. Final boss would be great if he wouldn't opened his dirthy mouth, these cringe speeches, ugh.

baturinsky

Arcane
World of Tanks, Eador Master of the broken World, DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition, Heroes of might and magic 4, Darkest Dungeon, Tales of Maj'Eyal, Sins of a Solar empire Rebellion, Cities Skylines
I recommend trying Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires as well

sser

Arcane
Developer
I've had a blast with Evil Genius recently. Also, I found the perfect way to go about it:

1) Do not rush to the ending - take your time.
2) Do not, under any circumstances, go to wikis for help. Rather, go into it completely blind and fail miserably a couple of times before getting good at it.
3) Resist the urge to strive for 100% efficiency. Solving crises caused by agents getting through your defenses and raging at the stupidity of your minions pissed me off at first, but then I realized that I felt like a criminal mastermind surrounded by incompetent idiots. Priceless :)
4) and most importantly - since the game involves a lot of waiting - grab a laptop or tablet and fire up your favorite bond movie to play in the background. I ended up binge-watching almost all of them over the course of the playthrough.

Underrated game. I think I got to a level I could not beat, though. Didn't have enough money to build proper defenses and the stage opened with streams of agents coming in.

Catfish

Learned
I've had a blast with Evil Genius recently. Also, I found the perfect way to go about it:

1) Do not rush to the ending - take your time.
2) Do not, under any circumstances, go to wikis for help. Rather, go into it completely blind and fail miserably a couple of times before getting good at it.
3) Resist the urge to strive for 100% efficiency. Solving crises caused by agents getting through your defenses and raging at the stupidity of your minions pissed me off at first, but then I realized that I felt like a criminal mastermind surrounded by incompetent idiots. Priceless :)
4) and most importantly - since the game involves a lot of waiting - grab a laptop or tablet and fire up your favorite bond movie to play in the background. I ended up binge-watching almost all of them over the course of the playthrough.

Underrated game. I think I got to a level I could not beat, though. Didn't have enough money to build proper defenses and the stage opened with streams of agents coming in.

I assume you mean the transition to island 2? Yeah, you need to prepare funds before you move.

You should try, though. Yeah, the move is tricky, but the game becomes a lot more entertaining with all the new stuff island 2 allows you to do.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I honestly can't remember where it was at. I just know I didn't have enough funds left over to actually build up a good defense and it was like my only save so I just kinda shrugged and uninstalled. Didn't really sour my experience with the game as I enjoyed it a lot.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So far enjoying Divinity 2: Dragon Knight Saga. Thankfully I didn't get Divinity 2: Ego Draconis when it was first released, otherwise I'd have burned the box after that shitty "this is the point where we ran out of money, so go buy the expansion pack to find out more" ending.
Enjoying the writing, all the weird quests, and fun combat. Although it's kinda easy at this point in the game. I just activate my Super Saiyan mode that makes all my bow attacks stronger with 600% for 2 minutes, make all enemy packs explode with my exploding arrow that nukes everything in a 20-m radius, and I sort out bosses by stunning them for 10 seconds, walking up to them and spam my skill which fires 15 seperate arrows like a shotgun blast, all of which hit the boss from close up, and every arrow is 60% stronger thanks to my passive skill, and nearly every arrow is also a critical hit because of my 73% critical hit chance, so they are twice as strong on top of all that, and gain ANOTHER 75% damage boost thanks to my maxed out Heightened Reflexes which adds another 75% on top of any critical hit I score.
And there's a lot less boring dragon flying in the expansion too! :incline:

granit

Scholar
Speaking of PoE, I really enjoy (not at the moment, not enought free time) PoE meaning Path of Exile. Really an excellent game. Powergamer's heaven. It deservers credit.

I've been playing Darkest Dungeon and Van Helsing 3 so far. Just finished Shadowrun Returns after a 7 month hiatus. Laugh all your want. Also, Van Helsing is not as bad as the Kodex made it out, though it is nowhere near perfection.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
The games usually play almost everyday:
-Hearthstone
-Heroes of the Storm

The occasionals:
- Mortal Kombat X(10)
- Underrail
- Starcraft II
- Age of Decadence

The recent
- Pillars of Eternity
- Star Wars: Battlefront

The upcoming
- D44m
- Witcher 3 (lol?)
- Shardlight
- Hard West
- SOMA
- Day of the Tentacle Remastered
- GTA V

Baron Dupek

Arcane
New Wolfensteins. It's like Doom4, where they want to go old skool but fail miserably while nuWolf do better job at being enjoyable.
I don't know why there is aiming down sight, since the crosshair in the middle of the screen is 99% accurate.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Puzzle Agent 1 and 2 had been on my backlog for a long time so I gave them a shot. Liked them much more than I expected. My only complaint is that the story felt like it ended very suddenly, as if they had to just get it wrapped up at some point and the second game was originally meant to be longer (It's a Double Fine production so this would not be a shocking revelation)

F.E.A.R was another long time backlog lurker which was great, but I'm playing F.E.A.R 2 now and the shooting doesn't feel quite as good

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom