Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gamescom 2015 Press Conferences, Trailers and Interviews - August 4-9

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Let the Gamescom begin.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...nference-times-streams-and-announcements-4014

Microsoft's Gamescom 2015 stream and announcements
Tuesday 4th August

• BST: 3pm
  • CEST: 4pm
  • PT: 7am
  • ET: 10am
With E3 being a week later this year, and Gamescom a week earlier, Sony's decided to skip its annual European press conference at Gamescom in favour of Paris Games Week. It's going to be fascinating to see how Microsoft seizes the spotlight as a result.

There's an understandable emphasis on European studios for the publisher's big show, with concrete details expected on Remedy's Quantum Break, as well as a strong likelihood of a proper look at Crackdown. From further afield comes Platinum Games' Xbox One exclusive Scalebound, which will be seen in action for the first time.

That's a serious slate that Sony should be envious of, but will Microsoft serve up any surprises alongside the games we're already expecting? And what about third-parties - will Mafia 3 or Homefront: The Revolution make an appearance?

EA's Gamescom 2015 conference stream and announcements
Wednesday 5th August
  • BST: 9am
  • CEST: 10am
  • PT: 1am
  • ET: 4am
EA's Gamescom press conference is a dry formality, but it's at least enlivened - for those lucky enough to be in the audience - by Peter Moore's warm-up routine. He truly is the thinking man's Bobby Chariot.

But how are the games doing? On this front, EA might be onto a winner. Star Wars Battlefront will hopefully be stomping back into the limelight, while Mirror's Edge: Catalyst should balance the all-out warfare rather nicely with open-world parkour tailor-made for the era of Edward Snowden. Elsewhere, Garden Warfare 2 will presumably receive the same bewilderingly extensive stage time it always does, and FIFA 16 will be looking less out of place in Europe than it always does in Los Angeles. Hopefully Pele will be air-dropped in with a bunch of new anecdotes, too. Who else has patted his hair?

On the more speculative side of things, it would be wonderful to find out exactly what Criterion's been working on - and how much progress has been made on the exciting open-world mixed vehicle prototype it showed off at E3 2014. Stick a release date on that, and we'll even forgive EA for Rory McIlroy's latest.

Call of Duty's Gamescom 2015 conference stream
Wednesday 5th August
  • BST: 6pm
  • CEST: 7pm
  • PT: 10am
  • ET: 1pm
Call of Duty has its very own conference event all to itself this year. We know that the multiplayer beta is coming to PlayStation 4 owners later this month, with other platforms to follow at the end of the month, but what other news does Activision have up its sleeves? With most expected game modes having been announced and detailed already, it's something of a mystery.

Blizzard's Gamescom 2015 conference stream and announcements
Wednesday 5th August

Media briefing
  • BST: 11am
  • CEST: 12pm
  • PT: 3am
  • ET: 6am
Thursday 6th August

World of Warcraft expansion reveal
  • BST: 5pm
  • CEST: 6pm
  • PT: 9am
  • ET: 12pm
Blizzard actually has two events taking place at Gamescom this year. First, there'll be a press briefing on Wednesday morning at 11am, where you can expect to hear a little more about all of the company's known quantities: Legacy of the Void for StarCraft 2, the recently-revealed Grand Tournament expansion for lovely old Hearthstone, and perhaps even a new Hero or two for Heroes of the Storm. We might even get a beta date for the studio's next game Overwatch. There won't be a stream for this event unfortunately, but we'll be discussing all of the breaking news in our live text coverage.

Things get really interesting on Thursday evening, however, when the publisher will lift the lid on the sixth expansion for World of Warcraft. It's not even been a year since the previous expansion was released, which leaves us speculating that the development team has either achieved their dream of a faster development cycle for the game, or BlizzCon (the traditional home of the WOW expansion reveal) is being cleared for something else - maybe Diablo, maybe some as-yet-unannounced aspect of Overwatch. This second event will be streamed, and we'll be running commentary on all of the expansion announcements as they happen as well.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Microsoft conference is live:

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Watching the Xbox conference because I have play so much Serpent in the Staglands/Dragon Quest VIII that I might go mad without a break.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Obnoxious, constantly babbling characters are all the rage this year. #scalebound

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Things get really interesting on Thursday evening, however, when the publisher will lift the lid on the sixth expansion for World of Warcraft. It's not even been a year since the previous expansion was released, which leaves us speculating that the development team has either achieved their dream of a faster development cycle for the game, or BlizzCon (the traditional home of the WOW expansion reveal) is being cleared for something else - maybe Diablo, maybe some as-yet-unannounced aspect of Overwatch. This second event will be streamed, and we'll be running commentary on all of the expansion announcements as they happen as well.

:lol: @ Blizzard trying to nickel and dime their dying player base even more with Bi-Annual Expansion releases.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Cities: Skylines and Daedalic adventure games coming to Xbox, lulz

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Hey, Ron Gilbert!

Thimbleweed Park for Xbox lolllllll

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Among Daedalic titles, there's title named State of Mind. I don't think this was announced before.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Right, it's over.

Dark Souls III and Rise of the Tomb Raider trailers were not uploaded to Xbox YouTube channel for some reason.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Crackdown should drop the 3 from it's name, 2 was such an abomination.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
More crap uploaded to Xbox channel:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom