Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gametrailers is closing down

Destroid

Arcane
That guy should be banned from using computers.

EDIT: Dammit I tried to post the video about ad blocking but youtube is full of people responding to it as opposed to the original content.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Traditional shill games media is dying and is being replaced by screaming let's play faggots and other retarded Youtube gaming personalities. Not sure which is worse.

orcinator

Liturgist
Traditional shill games media is dying and is being replaced by screaming let's play faggots and other retarded Youtube gaming personalities. Not sure which is worse.

The journos

LPers are annoying, and many of them are being paid to shill stuff, but you can at least see them play the game instead of having to guess whether they actually played something or are just copy pasting something.

deuxhero

Arcane

Reminds me of this

We have slain a large dragon. But we live now in a jungle filled with a bewildering variety of poisonous snakes. And in many ways, the dragon was easier to keep track of.

Destroid

Arcane

The journos

LPers are annoying, and many of them are being paid to shill stuff, but you can at least see them play the game instead of having to guess whether they actually played something or are just copy pasting something.

They probably pay Chinese children to record the footage and talk over the top of it later.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

You can mute the LPers and still get a feel for the game. You can't mute reviews and get any kind of idea what the game is like.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Didn't know they still existed. Used to visit them to watch e3 conventions but after twitch started becoming bigger they became obsolete.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I only watched trailers that were on the CD (later DVD) of the print magazine I used to buy. Nowadays I barely watch any and wait for gameplay footage instead.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Nowadays even early gameplay footage is not to be trusted. Downgrades in the graphics department are more than common, it is almost the rule for every major release.

Unwanted

Puke Face

Unwanted

The journos

I agree with you, orc-chan~ But on the other hand dorito jurnos are so much easier to ignore, I keep clicking videos that I think are just gameplay only to find out some cancerous LPer made them and his or her ugly face is plastered over half the screen. I like it when morons are restricted to containment sites such as GT or Giant Bomb.

Grim Monk

Arcane
That guy should be banned from using computers.

EDIT: Dammit I tried to post the video about ad blocking but youtube is full of people responding to it as opposed to the original content.
Here you go:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
They are in the middle ground between the written review and the twitch/letsplay crowd. I guess they now appear unappealing to both these crowds.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Shame. I actually liked watching their reviews from time to time. Never liked watching other people play games. It just feels like an immense waste of my time. Oh well, entropy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom