Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gametrailers is closing down

Beastro

Arcane
Bet he'll blame James Rolfe over this for leaving them in some way.

Beastro

Arcane
Bet he'll blame James Rolfe over this for leaving them in some way.

Didn't he work for Screwattack and not Gametrailers?

Whenever I wanted to see an ep that wasn't on Youtube for some reason I found them there, it would just have an opening saying screwattack. I just assumed screwattack was some segment the did, I don't follow this crap in the least.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Watching others play actual games is indeed not that fun. But watching others play story games, or nogames as they are called here, actually makes sense. It's like watching some tv shows.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
They are in the middle ground between the written review and the twitch/letsplay crowd. I guess they now appear unappealing to both these crowds.
They started out before YouTube really started to become a big venue for video game reviews, and as such were able to carve their audience out with video content in partnership with Screwattack. When YouTube started hitting it big (and more importantly, began removing it's restrictions on video length), Gametrailers lost that edge and never really regained it.

Deleted member 7219

They are in the middle ground between the written review and the twitch/letsplay crowd. I guess they now appear unappealing to both these crowds.
They started out before YouTube really started to become a big venue for video game reviews, and as such were able to carve their audience out with video content in partnership with Screwattack. When YouTube started hitting it big (and more importantly, began removing it's restrictions on video length), Gametrailers lost that edge and never really regained it.

Indeed, Gametrailers were the first to pounce on HD videos and for a while they were the only place to go if you wanted to watch... well, trailers, previews and reviews. Gamespot and IGN took years to catch up.

Stargazer_

Traditional shill games media is dying and is being replaced by screaming let's play faggots and other retarded Youtube gaming personalities. Not sure which is worse.

The journos

LPers are annoying, and many of them are being paid to shill stuff, but you can at least see them play the game instead of having to guess whether they actually played something or are just copy pasting something.

They probably pay Chinese children to record the footage and talk over the top of it later.
Thats a Damn good Idea! hmmmm....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom