Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gaming Crisises

mastroego

Arcane
I bet that you lazy bastards routinely complain about burnout and uninspired developers. LOL Life is too short to waste with popamoles and I barely have the time to play the best classics. If you don’t have the energy to play the good stuff, the best thing is avoid playing any game at all. Find another hobby and stop wasting your lives.
Man, you take this stuff seriously pal.
Relax.
I do play "serious" games, I just can't focus on them as often as I did when I was 20.
Popamoles, well, maybe 1 per year. I played Tomb Raider and Dead Space recently. Well you can add Alien Isolation, though I consider that a legit, non popamole game.

And I do have other hobbies, thank you, I don't need to become a game nerd taliban to play games.

Mustawd

I do not dislike the occasional popamole.

Yeah, I'll play the occasional popamole game.

Now I have more or less embraced the popamoles of today, because you know what you will be getting and occasionally you will be surprised.

:updatedmytxt:

inb4: BAN EVERY DEGENERATE IN THIS DECLINE THREAD!

Meh. Last popamole game I tried playing was Bioshock. This was as far as I got before getting bored:

bioshock_zpslr1uudmp.png

Name a popamoole game in the last 10 years, and there's a very big possibility that I've never played it. When I got back into gaming I started with the tablet, saw how much it sucked, and then moved to emulators and played a bunch of SNES games. Then I finally got a decent enough PC, played through COD1 and COD2, played Half Life 2, and then started playing the good 'ol tactics/strategy/simulation/RP games I enjoyed back in the day.

My next popamole game will probably be GTA3 (original). But I'll need to beat GTA1 and GTA2 before because of muh autism.

Epsilon

Cipher
I think I'm having one. I was replaying a game over the weekend and I thought to myself "This is exactly as good as I remember. I can't believe how great this game is." I was having so much fun with that game, I went all over the place in that game. Making sure to do all the 'new' quests, as I was playing it with a non purist fan patch - I have played vanilla many times and wanted something different. As I came to final hallway of the master for the nth time, I couldn't help but be amazed at the amount of joy the past days of gaming gave me. Especially compared to so many new games I've played, which just didn't grab me in the same way that this old title did, even after all these years and multiple playthroughs over the years - though my last playthrough was 7-8 years ago. And it just seems that either the time has passed for these kinda detailed roleplaying games, or the developers don't understand what makes a believable roleplaying world anymore.
I just don't know what to play next. I suppose the obvious choices are Fallout 2, Arcanum or Darklands. But no new titles come to mind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom