Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GD Politics Subforum Requires Fair and Balanced Moderation

Zibniyat

Arcane
This forum has the free speech in the way it has (i.e. almost anything goes) precisely because it has "left-leaning old-school" leftists in charge of moderating. Anyone bored with spammers is free to ignore them, problem solved.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
This forum has the free speech in the way it has (i.e. almost anything goes) precisely because it has "left-leaning old-school" leftists in charge of moderating.

A dying breed that is very missed in comparison to what is replacing them.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
This forum has the free speech in the way it has (i.e. almost anything goes) precisely because it has "left-leaning old-school" leftists in charge of moderating. Anyone bored with spammers is free to ignore them, problem solved.

It has free speech because of the administrative policy, that moderators are required to uphold. Few of the more butthurt moderators, like Scruffy, occasionally edit thread titles to relieve their butthurt. It is not clear whether their butthurt would spill over to heavy handed moderation given complete freedom, or if they really don't have time for this crap.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
free (((speech))) is overrated anyhow

WERE ALL JEWISH NOW

griffith-berserk-the-golden-age-arc-iii-the-advent-81.2.jpg

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
It is not clear whether their butthurt would spill over to heavy handed moderation given complete freedom, or if they really don't have time for this crap.

Sure it's clear. Their clones everywhere else on the Internet do the exact same thing, right down to that willowy Millennial milquetoast Reddit admin who spent a week doing nothing but surreptitiously editing The_Donald posts in the wake of Trump's election. He only confessed because he was caught.

Clearly, that admin was actually just a master troll out to watch all those Nazi Hitler fashies get butthurt as a result of his ebin Machiavellian meddling. Obviously, the fervent supporters of a dark horse candidate, having been rewarded with a stupendous and game-changing victory, were just ripe to get butthurt. Liberal Reddit admins weren't butthurt at all, just like Scruffy is a master troll who doesn't care and was never butthurt.

Oh, I forget myself, do pardon me. Codex copy-pasted left-wingers are, like, so different from all the other girls, I mean left-wingers. They're unique, and we oughtn't lump them in with all those bad ones no one likes, even though it's impossible to tell the difference.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
It is not clear whether their butthurt would spill over to heavy handed moderation given complete freedom, or if they really don't have time for this crap.

Sure it's clear. Their clones everywhere else on the Internet do the exact same thing, right down to that willowy Millennial milquetoast Reddit admin who spent a week doing nothing but surreptitiously editing The_Donald posts in the wake of Trump's election. He only confessed because he was caught.

Clearly, that admin was actually just a master troll out to watch all those Nazi Hitler fashies get butthurt as a result of his ebin Machiavellian meddling. Obviously, the fervent supporters of a dark horse candidate, having been rewarded with a stupendous and game-changing victory, were just ripe to get butthurt. Liberal Reddit admins weren't butthurt at all, just like Scruffy is a master troll who doesn't care and was never butthurt.

Oh, I forget myself, do pardon me. Codex copy-pasted left-wingers are, like, so different from all the other girls, I mean left-wingers. They're unique, and we oughtn't lump them in with all those bad ones no one likes, even though it's impossible to tell the difference.

I think that a look at his ignore list might provide a clue. Thin-skinned individuals are more likely to abuse the "authority".

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Forum staff allowed to ignore users? That's a new one on me.

How the fuck are you supposed to do your job if you can't see what people are posting? Oh, wait a minute... right. :lol:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Forum staff allowed to ignore users? That's a new one on me.

How the fuck are you supposed to do your job if you can't see what people are posting? Oh, wait a minute... right. :lol:

Just rely on user reports. :M

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
LOL U BUTTHURT -> Blaine, after a week of going on about the same shit over and over and crying like a bitch who needs a safe space

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
LOL U BUTTHURT -> Blaine, after a week of going on about the same shit over and over and crying like a bitch who needs a safe space

A space that's safe from what? Safe from your political opinions? On the contrary, I'd be delighted for you to rejoin us in GD, although your doctor might not be if you're prone to hypertension or asthma.

Safe from your childish meddling? I don't require protection from that. You don't have the permissions to do any real harm, certainly not without getting a spanking. The little you can do has absolutely no effect on me whatsoever beyond providing me with a stick to stir the pot.

Somewhere along the way, you seem to have forgotten a key fact: In the original post of this thread, I opined that you should remain assigned to GD janitorial duties. Not once have I called for you to be punished or reprimanded, for your permissions to be altered, or anything of the sort. I did note that if I were in charge here, I'd throw you off staff for abusing your permissions for what are clearly very personal reasons, but that's just a statement of fact and making conversation. I know full well that DU doesn't care what I would do in his place, he knows that I know it, and you know that he knows that I know it.

It's not all about you. I simply used you as an example while conversing with janjetina, because you happen to be the best example at the moment of what other SJWs and numales who get a little bit of power on a corner of the Internet do to vent their frustrations.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
What an astonishing coincidence that users with
HillaryLogo.png
tags are so prolific in accusing people with
Trump.png
tags of being butthurt. If only the power of delusion could change the results of a democratic election! Maybe it still can, if you work extra-hard at it. Who knows?

At the end of the day, anyone with two neurons to rub together must realize on some level that if shitter-shredded left-wing ideologues like Scruffy held the keys to this joint, then it would be little more than a blue-themed version of NeoFAG. That's the plain, simple, and unvarnished truth. They don't hold the keys, though, so avenues for venting their impotent rage are limited. That's something to be thankful for, not angry about.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
T'is shame Moron does not hold the keys to the judiciary, free press or even the state department.

Or the:

F

B

I

Do Something!

I'am melting!

Impotent rage.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
The only way to have true free speech is to not moderate any speech.

Give users the option to put as many people as they like on ignore. Let them self censor if they get upset at other opinions.

Moderators will always lead to unfair and unbalanced discussion.

EDIT: The only time you would want to "ban" someone is if their actions are trying to spread malware, their actions negatively impact server performance, or if their actions suppress other people's free speech (etc, they spam so many posts it makes the forum unreadable).

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Just don't choose me as a mod. Too lazy.
Get some other sucker to do it.

Lazy AND passing the buck, if you don't want the job you shouldn't try to look like the perfect candidate.

But... lazyness is bad?

Only in jobs where actually doing things is good.

Fascinating. Are there any of those jobs, but paid?

I hear if you're a woman you can be paid to lie on your back all day, but unfortunately I can't think of any others.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What an astonishing coincidence that users with
HillaryLogo.png
tags are so prolific in accusing people with
Trump.png
tags of being butthurt. If only the power of delusion could change the results of a democratic election! Maybe it still can, if you work extra-hard at it. Who knows?

At the end of the day, anyone with two neurons to rub together must realize on some level that if shitter-shredded left-wing ideologues like Scruffy held the keys to this joint, then it would be little more than a blue-themed version of NeoFAG. That's the plain, simple, and unvarnished truth. They don't hold the keys, though, so avenues for venting their impotent rage are limited. That's something to be thankful for, not angry about.

From what I've glanced from the shoutbox from time to time, Scruffy is one of those sjw-hating liberals. A few of these folks have branded themselves as "alt-center" which annoys me because I'm a centrist myself and can't stand their more liberal, anti-Trump tendencies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom