Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

General RPG discounts/sales thread

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Last edited by a moderator:

Fucker

Novice
There's a big sale across all of GOG.

Wizardry 8 for $1.99, Deus Ex for $2.49, Anachronox for $1.49, among others. And you can get System Shock 2 for free through trying their new client thing.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Nabbed AoD and the Dark Savant trilogy. Has anyone had issues with movement in Wizardry 8? It takes me around 4 seconds to start moving after holding down one of the movement keys.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
System Shock 2 is free on GoG, atm. You need to install Galaxy, though.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Nabbed AoD and the Dark Savant trilogy. Has anyone had issues with movement in Wizardry 8? It takes me around 4 seconds to start moving after holding down one of the movement keys.

There's always been a slight delay, but nothing so drastic.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
There's a big sale across all of GOG.

Wizardry 8 for $1.99, Deus Ex for $2.49, Anachronox for $1.49, among others. And you can get System Shock 2 for free through trying their new client thing.
Neo Scavenger 4.39 EUR. I missed it when it was on Humble bundle, glad to rectify that omission.

Antigoon

Augur
also GOG: Eisenwald -75% and Blackguards 2 -80% + some bundles...

Comte

If I install the client and then delete it do I still keep SS2 in my library?

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If I install the client and then delete it do I still keep SS2 in my library?

Yes. It's nothing fancy, they just made it so the link on their website that adds it to your library detects if you're using a browser or their client.

Parsifarka

Arcane
I have Wizardry 6 & 7 in Steam; is GOG version any different? Let's say: does the Gold Edition work properly?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
:4/5:
Blackguards 2 - 5.99€

fu14gm.png

Blackguards - 4.49€
Blackguards: Untold Legends - 0.59€

:nocountryforshitposters:

Last edited by a moderator:

pippin

I have Wizardry 6 & 7 in Steam; is GOG version any different? Let's say: does the Gold Edition work properly?

GOG said:
Included goodies: 2 manuals+ 2 cluebooks+ quick reference card+ soundtrack + Wizardry 7 DOS (PC, English) + character sheet + magic word icon list + map + Wizardry 7 DOS (Mac, English)

Steam usually doesn't include soundtrack etc, but you could check your game directory for them. If they aren't there, I would say 1€ is easily worth it just for the extras.

I think Steam includes everything the gog version has. In fact some of the old dos games that are also present on gog are direct gog ports. Like the Realms of Arkania games, they even have some gog dll files and everything.
Wiz7's Steam version also includes the dos game.

ragnor

Educated
Not for every game. For example the steam version of the Dark Forces 2 is the same game they released back in the day so it isn't working properly on the new machines but the gog version is updated to be working fine on the new machines. Maybe some games are same as the gog versions but not every one of them.

pippin

Not for every game. For example the steam version of the Dark Forces 2 is the same game they released back in the day so it isn't working properly on the new machines but the gog version is updated to be working fine on the new machines. Maybe some games are same as the gog versions but not every one of them.

It depends on the publisher. If it's Night Dive, then it's quite possible that both Steam and GoG's versions are the same.

resilient sphere

Educated
is the chat component of GOG Galaxy good yet? Tried it about half a year ago and it was clunky and sometimes failed to report activity

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom