Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

General RPG discounts/sales thread

Atchodas

Augur
Dwarf Run seems to be decent and popular among codex , and the price is below bargain .
Gonna grab it
I actually dont mind stacking up some games to get me untill winter sale or so

For those of you who haven't played the Gothic games yet, Gothic Universe is on sale for $3.99. That includes Gothic and Gothic 2 Gold, 2 of the greatest RPGs ever made, and Gothic 3, on which opinions differ. So for 4 bucks, you can play the 2 best open world RPGs ever made, and lower your Bethesda alignment.

Also, New Vegas Ultimate Edition (all DLCs) is 12 bucks, so you can get the third best open world RPG ever made as well.

Drowed

Arcane
I think I already have all the "Codex approved games" (TM), so... None, I guess? Unless Slain or Axiom Verge counts, but I don't have the money to bui it right now.

Sword Coast Legends is on sale, but, lol. Then, maybe... Overfall? It sure looks nice.

Nael

Arcane
If you're buying a copy of incline like Age of Decadence or Underrail at 50% off go ahead, be a bro, and buy a second copy and gift it to someone in order to incline the incline.

Edit: I have both games so this isn't a beggars post. The games are already cheap and a great value already. I'm just trying to make sure those developers get all they deserve for their Herculean efforts.

Nael

Arcane
Fuck it. I'm feeling generous.

First two people that PM me I will gift either Age of Decadence or Underrail. Fuck Gabe. This is Nael moneyz. Nael Summer Giveaway. Papa bless.

GO!

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Stranger of Sword City

also some of the crap blobbers I wouldn't have bought on full price but wanted to try just to see how terrible they were (Candlewind, Coldfire Keep, Dungeon Hero)

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I think I already have all the "Codex approved games" (TM), so... None, I guess? Unless Slain or Axiom Verge counts, but I don't have the money to bui it right now.

Sword Coast Legends is on sale, but, lol. Then, maybe... Overfall? It sure looks nice.

I would advice against Slain, utter waste of money, Axiom is great though

Dr Skeleton

Arcane
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I see Rampage Knights is 50% off. It's ACTION RPG at best but it's a pretty fun little game.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Only bought Age of Empires 2, fuck RPGs.

j/k, I already spent a fuckton of money during the GOG sale, mostly on strategy games but also a few RPG classics like DarkSun and Albion. Only Allah knows when I'll have the time to actually play them.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Age of Decadence at an all time low on Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/230070/

Undertale at an all time low on Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/391540/?snr=1_237_querypaginated__106

Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition at an all time low (was this price in March) on Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/373420/?snr=1_237_querypaginated__106_1

Pillars of Eternity at an all time low on Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/291650/?snr=1_237_querypaginated__106_3

Some other stuff on there, but these were the ones that popped up on my screen.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Since I realized that I spend more time on the Codex than actually playing games, I buy less on sales.

Parsifarka

Arcane
Opinions on Planet Alcatraz 1 & 2 and Hard to Be a God?
Hard to be a God is the best ARPG I've ever played. Try the demo first, as it's full of bugs and the translation is quite horrid so you must really like the setting (beautiful music, some stupid jokes, interesting social structure and nice visuals although the outdated engine) and gameplay (the combat is simple but far more interesting than mere clickfesting, and the inclusion of horse riding and disguises enrich the whole thing) to bear it. But if you do, it's love till the very end -it's as charming as broken.

BUT in previous sales it has been cheaper, I saw it once for 2,19€.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Opinions on Planet Alcatraz 1 & 2 and Hard to Be a God?
Hard to be a God is the best ARPG I've ever played. Try the demo first, as it's full of bugs and the translation is quite horrid so you must really like the setting (beautiful music, some stupid jokes, interesting social structure and nice visuals although the outdated engine) and gameplay (the combat is simple but far more interesting than mere clickfesting, and the inclusion of horse riding and disguises enrich the whole thing) to bear it. But if you do, it's love till the very end -it's as charming as broken.

BUT in previous sales it has been cheaper, I saw it once for 2,19€.

Was this the game where you can wear different outfits to blend in with different factions?

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Fuck it. I'm feeling generous.

First two people that PM me I will gift either Age of Decadence or Underrail. Fuck Gabe. This is Nael moneyz. Nael Summer Giveaway. Papa bless.

GO!

:salute:

pippin

I don't know if I'm going to buy crpgs duing this sale. Or anything at all for that matter. I'd like to have a copy of AoD (I think I'monly missing AoD and Xulima from the Codex-approved games) but I'd rather wait to buy them on GOG... even at full price.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Only bought Dustbowl so far, but I'll probably pull the trigger on Elminage Gothic, Battle Brahs and StarCrawlers as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom