Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Get rid of the Codex Steam Curation

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pardon? Perhaps you're confusing our curator with that other one.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I always considered the codex curator page more of an advertisement for the Codex than the games on the list.

It's basically saying "if you like rpgs on this list, come talk about them on rpgcodex".

Of course I'm not in charge of anything so take it for what it's worth.

roshan

Arcane
I'm just tired of this site constantly sucking cock and eating shit. Why the fuck do we even have a Witcher subforum? Why the hell are we trying to attract as many morons as possible to these forums? They have declined enough as it is. Just create subforum for Popamole Games and dump all Mass Effect, Bethesda Hiking Sim, Witcher, Dragon Age/Modern Bioware shit in there. And retardo all the idiots that post there regularly.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm just tired of this site constantly sucking cock and eating shit. Why the fuck do we even have a Witcher subforum? Why the hell are we trying to attract as many morons as possible to these forums? They have declined enough as it is. Just create subforum for Popamole Games and dump all Mass Effect, Bethesda Hiking Sim, Witcher, Dragon Age/Modern Bioware shit in there. And retardo all the idiots that post there regularly.
We have done that previously, if you recall. The popamole forum was far more lively than the old school one as well.

Unwanted

Fitz

Unwanted
Why the fuck do we even have a Witcher subforum?
It's a good game that deserves it's own space on this site and a megathread would be twice as annoying. / It's a containment area where we lock up potatoes who wants to talk about their shitty game, just use the ignore feature.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
What is this shit anyway i see it getting mentioned sometimes?

You can do other things then just buy games on steam?

Explain!

Nigga, we can't even reach a consensus on what a RPG is.

I think this obsessive need for reviews to be "properly codexian" is more unhealthy than having an unpopular review on the curator page. OH GOD someone may think codex cares about what others think of us, our reputation of being non-shit-givers is at risk.

Since we have so many people who know more, why don't we have more reviews, anyway? I'm sure Infinitron will be happy to have more content to post for brofists.

On topic: People following other people's advice when buying games, when torrents are available... :roll:

The reviews are not really intended for that, everyone has their opinion formed already. This reaction I'm seeing here is just the opposite of what I see in IGN comments, with people raging about their favorite new game being awarded a mere 9 out of 10 when it clearly deserves more because of this and that. Why are you even reading reviews, then?

Unwanted

Fitz

Unwanted
vM8bDC7.jpg
[Diplomacy] We should consider offering GOG a better partnership so that we not only use affiliate links to their store but also break all association with steam in exchange for more server funds. That way you get your doritos and you won't be able to recommend that shitty games since the worst offenders are on steam and not on GOG. Everyone is happy, except the Gabenites who deserve all scorn they can get.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
[Diplomacy] We should consider offering GOG a better partnership so that we not only use affiliate links to their store but also break all association with steam in exchange for more server funds. That way you get your doritos and you won't be able to recommend that shitty games since the worst offenders are on steam and not on GOG. Everyone is happy, except the Gabenites who deserve all scorn they can get.
[Failure] Please return your monocle and top hat post haste. Praise be to Gaben.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Why don't we just call the Curator Page what it is.

RPGCodex [As Per Infinitron] Curator Page

It does reflect the RPG Codex opinion (However small) but only when it aligns with Infinitron's beliefs too. He is basically the filter / final decision for everything that ends up on the curator page and won't put anything on it that he disagree's with personally.

There is never a poll on what games should be deemed worthy. I see some pretty crappidy crap crap on that curator page. The review linking was just the final cucking in the coffin. That was the first time Infinitron overtly said fuck you all it's my curator page and I don't like Roxxor's review so I am gonna wait ~4 months until something I agree with gets written. (I use the term "written" loosely.. )

Before that - the page got updated magically behind the scenes and I think most people just assumed there was some thread for x y z game we missed it or maybe it's an inside joke or something. It's more embarrassing then anything.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Infinitron sure instills butthurt in the masses.

It's just embarrassing..

Pardon? Perhaps you're confusing our curator with that other one.

Yea it's not hard.

Invisible Inc. - How is this game even considered an RPG?
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rpg_codex/curation/app/243970/
Codex said:
Lead a team of agents and infiltrate megacorporations in this suspenseful cyberpunk-themed tactical turn-based stealth RPG with roguelike elements.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPGWatchcom/curation/app/243970/
RPGWatch said:
An intense turn-based tactical stealth game. Choices matter in this espionage title, choose your agents, implants, weapons and tactics. Nerve-wrecking!

Cucking of Eternity - Who can suck sawyer harder Watch or Codex
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rpg_codex/curation/app/291650/
Codex said:
Obsidian's spiritual successor to the Infinity Engine games, with a few twists courtesy of lead designer Josh Sawyer.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPGWatchcom/curation/app/291650/
RPGWatch said:
Classic isometric RPG with an original story, many dialogs, c&c, great nonlinear exploration & many options to build characters. Good Kickstarter game!

It goes on.. The only difference is the watch has Farcry 4 on their list.. I can't tell the difference beyond that

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom