Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Ghost of a Tale Released

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Tags: Ghost of a Tale; SeithCG

Following a successful Indiegogo campaign and nearly five years in development, with a lot of the time spent in Early Access, Ghost of a Tale - an action RPG/stealth game with rodents - has just been released on Steam. To quote,

header.jpg

Ghost of a Tale is an action-RPG game in which you play as Tilo, a mouse and minstrel caught up in a perilous adventure. The game takes place in a medieval world populated only by animals, and puts an emphasis on immersion and exploration. It features stealth elements, disguises, conversations with allies and enemies, and quests.

You’ll be able to explore the secrets of Dwindling Heights Keep and navigate its dangers. Tilo is not much of a fighter, so stealth and nimbleness are your allies when confronted with enemies twice your size. Talk to the characters you meet and leave no stone unturned in your quest to find Merra, your true love…​

Naturally, calling it an "action RPG [game]" might be stretching it somewhat, since the "RPG" part is limited to some basic stat unlocks and inventory management, but that has never stopped anyone from posting news about much more questionable things here. At the very least, it is charming as hell and looks like a good enough stealth game. Spreading of rodent agenda is an added bonus on top.

You can get it on Steam, 10% off for the first week, or on GOG.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cross

Arcane
Ghost of a Tale is an action-RPG game
Off to a good start I see.

Although Ghost of a Tale is fully playable with mouse and keyboard, we'd strongly recommend playing with a gamepad for the best experience.
:M I'll leave it someone else to make the obvious pun.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Although Ghost of a Tale is fully playable with mouse and keyboard, we'd strongly recommend playing with a gamepad for the best experience.
:M I'll leave it someone else to make the obvious pun.

FWIW, I checked it briefly when it was in early access and played for some 3 hours, I don't remember the controls being bad on KBM.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Saw some EA reviews praise the game but shit on the optimization. Now with the release I see some neg reviews saying that it's still optimized like garbage. What's your experience with it like, Darth Roxor.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Saw some EA reviews praise the game but shit on the optimization. Now with the release I see some neg reviews saying that it's still optimized like garbage. What's your experience with it like, Darth Roxor.

I'll report when I play this some more, only gave it a start up to see if it launches, but there was a weird hiccup there already. We'll see.

Bohr

Arcane
For all the doom and gloom around crowdfunding, Indiegogo has blessed us with some fine RPGs

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Hmm that actually looks lovely in terms of visuals and the reviews are absolutely stellar. 96% is a rare sight.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Was going to make some snide remark about Infinitron really fishing for news stories, then I realized it was a Darth Roxor post.

:updatedmytxt:

Jinn

Arcane
Very excited this has finally released! I will be grabbing it soon.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Last edited by a moderator:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
No GOG link in the news post? :decline: of Darth Roxor

Well played, Roxor, well played...

The game itself is looking good, I have been looking forward to it for a while now.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom