Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When a 'special event' potentially turns out better than the rest of the game.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Tried it over the free weekend and bought it.

On Extreme difficulty with HUD turned off, it's actually pretty tense. You die in four-five gunshots, enemies don't appear magically on your HUD when detected, can't tag enemies etc.

Unfortunately, it is clearly not meant to be played single-player as the co-op partners are useless pieces of shit. I mean, what they really should allow for is to draw up an action plan on the main map such that AI partners proceed based on go-codes, not this simple "GO THERE AND SHOOT" bullshit.

It would really benefit from some modding support, the very least.

Last edited:

Deflowerer

Arcane
Kind of unrelated to Ghost Recon, but is there any game with the level of autism where you actually have to change machine gun barrel once it heats?

Spockrock

Augur
Kind of unrelated to Ghost Recon, but is there any game with the level of autism where you actually have to change machine gun barrel once it heats?
ACE 2 for Arma 2 had barrel replacement mechanic. of course, carrying around a spare barrel was not fun

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Someone already said Red Orchestra, but in Rising Storm 2 once you fire off like 300 rounds straight the barrel warps and you have zero accuracy, although, I don't think there was a mechanic to replace it. Now that I think about it, sort of a pointless mechanic because firing full auto is pretty worthless and bursting is far more effective, and besides that you have to fire full auto for a minimum of 3 reloads straight with 100 round boxes or 2 reloads with the 200 round belts with the M60.
Sa kandsid MG3 raude Kaitseliidus?

Deflowerer

Arcane
Someone already said Red Orchestra, but in Rising Storm 2 once you fire off like 300 rounds straight the barrel warps and you have zero accuracy, although, I don't think there was a mechanic to replace it. Now that I think about it, sort of a pointless mechanic because firing full auto is pretty worthless and bursting is far more effective, and besides that you have to fire full auto for a minimum of 3 reloads straight with 100 round boxes or 2 reloads with the 200 round belts with the M60.
Sa kandsid MG3 raude Kaitseliidus?

I mean, in most games doing burst is more effective because there is no real need for actual cover fire like in real life.

Jah, MG3 varuraud pidi kaasas olema kogu aeg. Olin luures seega üksinda pidin kõike tassima, kuna kuulipilduja abi puudub luurejagudes.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
Jagged Alliance 2 with 1.13 has QD barrel replacement and suppression fire works in the base game (makes target take an AP penalty next round, forces them to a downward stance). Silent Storm had the same suppression system, but no barrel changes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom